It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think it will get worse!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 12:02 PM
link   
What do you think?!
The media spectacle of the "war on terrorism" has only just begun recently. As you may know, there are other terrorist groups that have been around much longer than groups such as Alqaeda. Now, with such an explosion of world population, and all the other malaise that comes with it, i.e. poverty, hunger, homelessnes, economic suppression,
more groups of people are just going to get together to fight these suppressive powers, as most would agree that our world is becoming controlled by elite economic groups. And the people who group together to react against the global elite are just going to be called terrorists, in the eyes of the global elite. Personally, I think that terrorist acts are a harsh form of protest, but that is not what the media what have you think, nor would governments, either.
So, will terrorism get worse? I think it will!

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I believe that the Terrorism issue will surely get worse. The problem I see is all the focus on Al Queda will allow the lesser known factions to develop better strategies and and stronger followings while "we' are distracted...

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Yes, terrorism is a form of protest. I don't think anyone in their right mind would argue this. But let's not think that because it is a form of protest, that it is an ACCEPTABLE form of such.

It is unacceptable and must be stopped in all instances. I agree that with the "success" of Al Quaeda's hits (and that "success" has been achieved both by the damage of those hits and the media extravaganza that continues) that smaller, and newer, terrorist groups will find bravado and confidence to attempt things that before they may not have considered.

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by IMMORTAL
more groups of people are just going to get together to fight these suppressive powers, as most would agree that our world is becoming controlled by elite economic groups. And the people who group together to react against the global elite are just going to be called terrorists, in the eyes of the global elite.
Wow, as time goes on I see these statements coming to fruition with the legislation of the United States, such as thier Patriot Acts. Perhaps eventually under new laws made by the U.S., any form of websites that promote dissidence against the government will be shut down and those attempting to keep them running will be called terrorists.

I've learned a whole lot ever since starting this thread.

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Terrorism is not protest, it is calculated acts that are designed to have a desired psychological effect on a majority of the population. Those effects are expected to cause predicted and desired reactions by said population.

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Then by that reasoning Bush and his administration and pretty much every administration before that are/were terrorist...

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 11:11 PM
link   
There are many terrorists in the world. Any conspiracy is a form of terrorism is it not?

Last time you bad talked your brother or sister or parents was a form of terrorism too wasn't it?

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
Terrorism is not protest, it is calculated acts that are designed to have a desired psychological effect on a majority of the population. Those effects are expected to cause predicted and desired reactions by said population.
But, who really are the terrorists, some lowly group in the middle east who live in caves, or those in the powers that be?

People who orchestrate such catostrophic attacks of terrorism do a good job, I guess, because of these new laws that are being put in place.

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 11:19 PM
link   
You ignore the desire of ISLAM and other competing forces in the world for domination.

They attempted in past to take control of Europe, if they had it is likely you would be on your carpet right now nodding away...

You are ignoring the realities of the others and that is clouding your ability to see clearly what is all around you.

Life is corrupt and is designed that way, there is no perfect life or place that we can only remove a few bad people and everything will turn out okay forever. That is a fantasy.

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 11:26 PM
link   

You ignore the desire of ISLAM and other competing forces in the world for domination.

They attempted in past to take control of Europe, if they had it is likely you would be on your carpet right now nodding away...

You are ignoring the realities of the others and that is clouding your ability to see clearly what is all around you.

Life is corrupt and is designed that way, there is no perfect life or place that we can only remove a few bad people and everything will turn out okay forever. That is a fantasy.
Thank you for such a good perspective, and I can understand what you mean.

I guess if Hitler had won the second world war, I would've been pointing my arm 45 degrees into the air.

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 11:31 PM
link   

There are many terrorists in the world. Any conspiracy is a form of terrorism is it not?

Last time you bad talked your brother or sister or parents was a form of terrorism too wasn't it?

Boy, this one is almost too easy to flame.

British Imperialism, the Amerikan revolution, Nazi Germany, Hirohito, the list goes on...

Also, anyone who had an opinion or a belief of their own and expressed it to someone with a different opinion or belief is probably a terrorist.

Sorry, nothing against you THENEO, I just had to jump on it.

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Actually Kaos I agree with you. Think about it, it is all about intent, pretty much everything is when you think about it. Sure some actions are bigger than others but it all comes down to intent.

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 12:05 AM
link   
According to the dictionary, almost any action could be declared a terrorist action based upon intent, be it a bombing, press campaign, or handing out flyers. However, terrorism has come to mean hostile action, generally resulting in the loss of life.

I still maintain that Jerry Falwell and Pat Robertson are terrorists based upon the way that they phrase the messages and hatred they spew.

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I think we will see a continuation of terrorism over the coming years because, primairly due to the media hype, it will be seen as giving results to the people whom are so horribly misguided as to see it as a viable political tool.

When it no longer appears to provide results, or the results desired by such people, we will then finally see a drop off of people choosing to throw their lives away in such a manner.

Sadly, contrary to what some believe, it is not something to inspire much of a popular response. I grew up with folks who had to suffer through a lot of this sort of barbarism in many different nations. My partner had to experience it in Nigeria, Kenya, Pakistan and the UK to various degrees. My family in many other parts of the world.

Terrorism is the tool of those people who literally hold no regard for themselves or their fellow humans.

It is a tool of the bully and of the criminal. Of those who see fit and acceptable to prey on their fellows.

No matter how one tries to put it, it is not a tool proscriber by *God* or by divine will. It is in the end, nothing more then murder. Not killing, but murder, for those who may be aware of the difference.

new topics

top topics

join