It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baseball: St Louis Cardinals.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
TRD

posted on Jun, 28 2003 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Pujols.

In the latest National League All-Star voting results, Albert Pujols has maintained his position of fourth among the outfielders with 486,197 votes. He trails San Francisco's Barry Bonds (744,095), Chicago's Sammy Sosa (565,590) and Atlanta's Gary Sheffield (565,177).
It's about the only thing Pujols is ranked fourth in this season.

Pujols is leading the league in hitting with a .384 mark -- 38 points higher than his closest competitor, Sheffield. He is also the NL leader in runs (67), hits (103), doubles (27), slugging percentage (.720) and total bases (193).

He is second in RBIs with 66 (one behind Colorado's Preston Wilson) and tied for third in homers with 21 (two behind the league leader, Florida's Mike Lowell).

posted on Jun, 29 2003 @ 05:43 PM
link   
how about this Bo Hart kid. i haven't checked his stats in the last 2 days but he's still gotta be over .500. i used all 25 of my write in votes for him at second base. just what the cards needed, some kid batting .300 in the minors, he comes up and he's hitting everything. not to mention he's really got the spark back into the rest of the team. it's gonna be tough for La Rusa to send him back, he'll find somewhere for him in the roster.

as far as Pujols being fourth in the voting, Sosa is having a # year and needs to bow out of the all star game and let pujols play. since when does an everyday player, batting almost .400 not go to the all star game. do the right thing Corky.

TRD

posted on Jun, 30 2003 @ 05:18 PM
link   
B.Hart..

.AVG .460
.SLG .660

He has 23 hits 1 homer and 6 RBI's..

i think he has played 10 games and he looks pretty damm good..!!

Here's a little report i found on him...

Rookie second baseman Bo Hart got a chance to play after Miguel Cairo and Fernando Vina went down with injuries -- and he has made the most of his opportunity. If Hart continues to hit, play well in the field, and provide the Cardinals with energy, he could stick with the club in a couple of different ways, according to the St. Louis Post Dispatch. "That's one thing (director of player development) Bruce Manno has done with him to try to help him get ready for a big-league role this year at Memphis," manager Tony La Russa told the newspaper. "He's made sure (Hart) has played at shortstop and third base, in addition to second. He has some versatility."

As for Sosa Aegis your right,but how can Pujols be left out...??

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by TRD
As for Sosa Aegis your right,but how can Pujols be left out...??

I agree AF.

The fans vote on the starters and right now Pujols is in 4th, but if it stays that way there's no doubt he'll be named to the team as a reserve.

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 12:23 PM
link   
actually i think i got this figured out. since the all star game is in an american league park this year, they can put pujols in as DH. i'd trust sosa's glove in the outfield. problem solved.

TRD

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by aegis fang
actually i think i got this figured out. since the all star game is in an american league park this year, they can put pujols in as DH. i'd trust sosa's glove in the outfield. problem solved.

That is a good solution Aegis but i think sosa shouldn't go at all after him being caught cheating,i know no one is perfect but Pujols deserves to be their on what he has achieved so far.....

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 05:22 PM
link   
you're right sosa just shouldn't be there, but unfortunately the all star game has become a popularity contest, and not a game for who deserves to be there. my personal opinion is that the players should vote on who goes.

TRD

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 06:12 PM
link   
The players voting is a good idea...We dont have that here in england but in soccer the players vote for the best player of the season....

posted on Jul, 25 2003 @ 03:21 PM
link   
NEW YORK -- St. Louis Cardinals slugger Albert Pujols was suspended for two games and fined by major league baseball for fighting after being hit by a pitch against San Diego.

In the first inning, Pujols was hit in the shoulder blade on the first pitch he saw from Adam Eaton, a day after Pujols lingered at the plate following a game-winning home run.

Eaton was immediately ejected, and Pujols, Bennett and Bochy also were kicked out. During a brief confrontation, Pujols punched Bennett in the face.

Pujols appealed his suspension, allowing him to play Friday night against Pittsburgh. Through Thursday, he led the majors in batting at .373, and he ranked second in the NL in both homers (29) and RBIs (92).

TRD

posted on Jul, 26 2003 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Any more news on Pujols yet??

posted on Jul, 26 2003 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by TRD
Any more news on Pujols yet??

Yeah, he is awaiting for his appeal to be heard and meanwhile is being his normal self, he went 4-for-4 today.

TRD

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Pujols is the man he has been great this season and looks like he will keep it going right to the end...

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I think he'll fall 4 short in homers but be first in RBI and Average... He'll keep the lead in average till the end of the season, Pass Preston in RBI in the final week, Hit a homer in either the second to last game or the ast game putting him 4 homers behind the leader, Barry Bonds with 48 Homers. I also think pujols will reach a 40-game hit streak but then go 0-3 with a walk. That's my prediction.:smug:

TRD

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Nice prediction Giantsfan.

I think bonds will be hard to beat with homers but the pack are chasing,Pujols will be their all the way..!

TRD

posted on Aug, 17 2003 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Well Pujols extended his hitting streak to 30 yesterday so he is still going great guns....

posted on Aug, 23 2003 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Pujols went 0 for 5 tonight against the Phillies snapping his 30 game hit streak, he wasn't even supposed to play, he is still feeling the effects of the flu.

TRD

posted on Aug, 23 2003 @ 06:04 AM
link   
They could have brought him back a bit to early,but the way the team has been playing i'm not surprised they did.

[Edited on 23/8/03 by TRD]

posted on Aug, 23 2003 @ 01:06 PM
link   
He probably did come back too early, but after the game he said he was ok and was just overmatched. Pujols is a very unselfish player, he came back still feeling ill and tried to help the team not worrying about how he felt or his personal hitting streak. Pujols never makes excuses, definitely a player with class.

TRD

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Pujols seems to be back on song St Louis won 5-0 today with pujols hitting 2 homers and scoring all 5 runs..

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Even though my 40-game hit streak fell... I have faith in the rest of my prediction...

I was gettin worried until his 2 HR, 5 RBI performance today.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join