It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Not To Be Banned From ATS...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ZenaV

We never delete any profiles (with the exception of extreme cases - and I am yet to see one of these). Simply because of the data implications, and because it would leave "holes" in conversations. More here:
Posting and Ending your membership

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
The one thing that really ticks me off about the staff here is the quote below their name "Part of the best staff on the net".

I didn't know that the ATS staff held themselves in higher regard than the people at Google, Yahoo, MSN, etc... No Offense

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   
So wait a minute... you're telling me there's not like a password I can put in my posts that will stop moderators from taking action on it? Or like a hidden phrase where if I work it into the post, I can get away with anything?

If you're saying no, I think you're lying. Lying through your teeth. Except it's the Internet, and you type instead of talking, so maybe you're lying through your fingernails.

Wait. That could be it! Fingernails! If I say fingernails, you can't ban me, warn me, or delete my post. Because I called it. And it's like calling shotgun, the rules are if you "call it" you get it. Right?

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by mattifikation

I'm not a staff member, but I can tell you this. A secret word would be technically not possible, to much fuzz and everything depends on moderators reviewing the threads. What you say is possible in a different way, trough account priveliges... You can give a poster more rights that a mod if you would prefer it. However I don't think that happens here...

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
It really does need to be repeated at normal intervals.

We are a "VERY" passionate group here and sometimes our passions get the best of us.

This is not an excuse, it is a reality.

We must all remain aware of what we type.

We do deal with some very "LOADED" topics-M.E, political issues, Religion.....

ATS "IS" different from other boards as we "DO" require decorum here and it makes us a step above all others in this way.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Personal Opinion

For a group of people trying to run a business, it sure seems like you bully around and disrespect your "customers" quite a bit. Normally I wouldn't be so blunt, but if the staff doesn't mind being a bit rude, nor do I.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Irish M1ck
For a group of people trying to run a business, it sure seems like you bully around and disrespect your "customers" quite a bit.

99.99999% of our users (customers) never feel "bullied" in any way.

For that other 0.00001%, there's always a reason they feel as though bullied is what happened to them.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Perhaps that is true. Again, it was just a personal opinion. I happen to believe it depends on the member. Anyway, I do know of two members who were banned recently over possibly the dumbest argument that ever existed.

I really think an equitable solution could have been thought up in 5 whole minutes of actually trying, and maybe a bit of consideration of others. Now two members who were otherwise positive contributors are gone.

Great business model.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Anyway, I do know of two members who were banned recently over possibly the dumbest argument that ever existed.

More often than not, in situations where that appears to be the case on the surface, much more has gone on behind the scenes to cause the banning. Since we very-rarely discuss individual bannings with members, the entire story behind our action is not always apparent.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   
i think that is why writing is an art...insulting someone in a polite way, takes time as well as effort. using curse words is an easy way to express your disdain, and should be reserved for bars, clubs, and the golf course.

[edit on 12-4-2009 by jimmyx]

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ambushrocks
reply to post by mattifikation

I'm not a staff member, but I can tell you this. A secret word would be technically not possible, ...

Hopefully you are not an information technology professional because your statement about technically not possible is technically wrong. It is always great to see people make statements that are completely inaccurate. I suppose the bigger question is why are those statements made. It is a hard decision between lack of knowledge or just disinformation for any one of many reasons.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
i think that is why writing is an art...insulting someone in a polite way, takes time as well as effort. using curse words is an easy way to express your disdain, and should be reserved for bars, clubs, and the golf course.

[edit on 12-4-2009 by jimmyx]

Well said sir, i myself have found that board meetings brings out the finer quality of people especially if you have known them for over ten or fifteen years.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I am a strong minded lil girl. I have a HUGE mouth. Im not afraid to use it here. I know I can say ANY cotton picking thing I want as long as my words are not meant to hurt anyone. And they never are. And in my heart I believe Admin knows this... they know us more than you think. Trust me. Its their job to separate the winners from the losers and extract the latter. No lose at all.

But with 'losers' running around posting pure dung, with lil contribution gracing our pages - tends to make us all look dumbed down. Thats not going to sit well with the site owners - they need the clicks people. Think about the BIG picture. Running this place is FAR from free.

The 'losers' I am speaking of - I wouldnt think that would sit well with site owners/advertisers (less views). Now, I see it is being addressed. As then you are directly messing with the sites finances. If people dont come here - ATS dont get 'paid per click' on Ads. Thats a HUGE deal. Open your eyes to all of the site as a whole. It costs a lot of money. We need those clicks.

But I digress... I WILL NOT be censored!!! Nor have I EVER been here on ATS. I am well received (I think LOL) by Admin here at ATS. Never any problems so when youre banned dont say it was censorship... thats not going to fly or I would N O T have been here MORE THAN 5 YEARS!!! My lil ass would have been the FIRST to go if that was an issue. I have been here since this site was in diapers - LITERALLY.

My point is... You can be everything I am - strong opinions even if youre female because truth is - people just DONT know how to take a strong woman. And I have stopped trying to make anyone understand. Their problem - not mine, after all. If strong woman intimidate one - they have ego issues - no enlightenment AT ALL. And I do not wish to have anything to do with those types anyway so its best they DONT 'get me'.

At ATS you can be You - no matter how abrasive You may be. Simply be nice and abrasive at the same time. Its a fine art in which I have learned well.

If you cant find it in you to do the above things then I suggest you shut up and simply use the site as a seach/learning tool. I could sure stand to see a few of us go and have a feeling I soon will after reading this!

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Well... i think depsite the fact that several heated debates can arise here, sometimes dealing with ignorant, stupid or clueless people does not mean manners and decorum should be avoided.

I have had one warning since becoming a member and i certainly don't want another one.

Sometimes that means biting my lip and other times it means rephrasing certain senetences... But apart from that i love ATS and the myriad of people who come together to form this interesting and unique community.

Long live ATS

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

For a group of people trying to run a business, it sure seems like you bully around and disrespect your "customers" quite a bit.

99.99999% of our users (customers) never feel "bullied" in any way.

For that other 0.00001%, there's always a reason they feel as though bullied is what happened to them.

Just from curiosity, did you conduct some sort of customer satisfaction survey to come up with these results?

Also, to say that ATS staff members never make mistakes or use their powers unjustly is to go against the motto of your business.

ATS staff members are human beings too. They are susceptible to power, greed, and lust for vengeance just like any other human being.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join