It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A brief guide to Russian combat aircraft.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2002 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Ok, something is going wrong with this site. They have some problems with their links. But it's a good database.

www.aeronautics.ru...

posted on Nov, 8 2002 @ 03:04 PM
link   
The S-54 looks cool
A Mini Su-37

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Russian aircraft are basically copies of US/NATO products. They have always seemed to copy our stuff all the time.

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Er...I think there are times when we copy the Russians. I dont think this is just a Russia copying US issue

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Browno
Russian aircraft are basically copies of US/NATO products. They have always seemed to copy our stuff all the time.

I assume your fishing there?

Don't forget, much is known about Soviet service aircraft, comparatively little is known about their experimental stuff.

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Browno

Yes, it is true, that many designs of theirs are actually western, NATO designs, but it is also more true that they have their own original work, I think that they have more original work than their are similar designs to NATO ones, or even copies.

They have alot of interesting aircraft, so does NATO, but it would be incorrect to go as far as saying Russian aircraft are copies of NATO and US products.

Shattered OUT...

[edit on 14-12-2005 by ShatteredSkies]

posted on May, 27 2023 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Browno

The subsonic strategic jet bomber designs by Myasishchev and Tupolev had different engine arrangements than those of the B-47 and B-52, being buried in the wing roots. The Tupolev Tu-95 remains the only turboprop-powered strategic bomber to have entered production and service, and while the MiG-23 and Tu-22M were designed with swing wings, they had different design philosophies than the F-111 and F-14. The F-86 Sabre began life as a straight-wing aircraft but was later redesigned with backswept wings thanks to captured wartime German aeronautical research, and the MiG-15 backswept wings drew upon design of the wing sweep of the MiG-8 liaison aircraft.

top topics

join