It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Perfect time for a terror attack?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Not that i'm for a moment saying the US government have any involvement in plotting terror plots in their own country... but with the new damning report out on Iraq today, Bush's popularity at an all time low, some calling for dialogue with Iran and Syria, and coming up to Christmas... what better a time for them to re-establish themselves as protector's of the nation?

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I often wonder why terorists or just a single radical has not carried out a suicide bombing. One incident, anywhere in the United States, at a mall to ad specifics. Imagine the shear terror that would result if we thought malls were specifically being targeted. The holiday retail industry would be devastated, perhaps there would be economic reprocussions as well.

I am in NO way endorsing this, nor am I promoting this. My statement is if 9/11 was NOT a government aided/ executed, why have we not seen any attempts on a smaller scale? Isreal has been attacked by suicide bombers for years, making news in American media. The rationale of terrorism is to inflict "terror", not neccesarily on a grand scale as 9/11, but the simplicity of cultivating fear.

I am sure there are sleeper cells in the United States. I am sure there are Jihaddists who would willingly sacrifice himself via suicide bombing. Why have there been no incidents ?

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 05:28 PM
link   
No... from the US political view, now is not the best time for a Terror Attack.

an attack would show that Bush's policies haven't worked. It would show weakness. It would show that the War on Terror has been a failure.

The "perfect" time would be after the next elections and after the Democrats have been in office for some time (a year or more). Only then could blame be laid at their feet via public opinion since it would take time for them to implement their policies.

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 08:28 PM
link   
It all depends who you BELEIVE did the attacks.

If Terrorists planned and executed, then yes... today, like tommrow, or last year.. or next year is the perfect time.

Think about....

Alqaeda executed the attack on 911.
It was obvious to hit Afghan, becuase thats where they trained.

IF they hit us again, where are we going to hit?
What are we going to do?

If we deal on Iran, the USA Will be in a even WORSE position than it is now in Iraq.
There will be twice as many angry muslims hell bent on revenge against the USA.

Terrorists would LOVE THIS.
IF the USA pulled the gloves off and let the nukes fly,
America as a superpower would be finished.
Terrorists would LOVE THIS.

America is SCREWED, because Bush and Cheney are still in charge.
IF there is another terrorist attack, What do you really think theyre gunna do?

posted on Dec, 7 2006 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I totally agree with the author of this thread. If anyone thinks for one minute that Bush & Co are going to make any changes or back down of anything they are sadly mistaken- AND- i anticipate the worse.....up to and including a major attack by our enemies (wink) in order to put the lid on this "nonsense" that we must go a different route and start bringing the troops home. You know if it wasnt so obvious and predictable.......

Look for Bush to be displaying more cojones very soon and disagree with everything or 99% of what the Iraq panel came out with, and in order to prove them wrong, all hell is going to break lose. Our president will see to that one.

Look for more agression from our leader, and not less. With that said, Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night.

posted on Dec, 7 2006 @ 10:34 PM
link   
IF there is another attack, I fear what it will bring.
Because the populace will not swallow the pill of 'terrorists' so easily.
So what are they going to do to limit the outcry of 'internal-curroption' ?
If they need to squash the civilans that cry foul over the government, doesnt it
become pointless being a democratic govenrment?

Surely it wont come to that extent?...
...or will it?

will the public sit by and allow the US to hit Iran and other midlde eastern targets over another suspicous attack that had nothing to do with those mentioned nations?

Then youve got to ask yourself, if that is the plan, to hit the middleast collectivley...
Bush will not allow his troopers and army to be taken out of iraq.. why go the hard yards to get them into the region, only to allow them to be pulled out when the 2nd phase starts?

BUT if this is all true,

And Sept11, Iraq, and domestic securit is as messed up and incompitent as we are being told it is... isnt that an even scarier idea?

the fact that we could make even more stupid mistakes, retaliate against various nations for another attack?

God help us, the light at the end of the tunnel just doesnt seem so bright anymore.

posted on Dec, 7 2006 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Well, i thought it over and now that the Democrats not only will they not impeach, but have promised not to cut off funding for the troops, i think someone's being "had" and it aint George. Its us.:shk:
We may escape a fake attack here, but i still say look for George almighty to stirr up the cauldron even more.

Just answer me this, who does this government work for?
The same with congress, the senate? Its more and more obvious this is all part of an illusion and we keep falling for it at every turn.

DIS-gusting.

*sigh*

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by _DISAVOWED_

I am sure there are sleeper cells in the United States. I am sure there are Jihaddists who would willingly sacrifice himself via suicide bombing. Why have there been no incidents ?

Who says their won't be.

I am with you on this thinking as well. If it is in fact Terrorists we are fighting, then the Christmas Holiday shopping time would have the most impact in regards to fear tactics.

As mentioned, Suicide bombers are of an abundance as of late. To think that their wouldn't be any in NA would be assinine.

An all out blitz on heavily populated malls across the country would strike fear into every man, women & chipmunk.
Thus accomplishing the greatest 'Fearfactor'.

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grailkeeper
the Christmas Holiday shopping time would have the most impact in regards to fear tactics.

www.foxnews.com...

YEP. A plot by a muslim radical to blow up holiday shoppers here in the USA.

It's real .It's not made up. This isn't a Bush 43 tactic. We are at war with people who want us all dead. They have been at war against us for a very long time. Long before Bush 43 got in office, and they'll be at war against us long after he's gone.

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
We are at war with people who want us all dead. They have been at war against us for a very long time. Long before Bush 43 got in office, and they'll be at war against us long after he's gone.

So why aren't they doing it much in Britain, or America then, rather than just in Iraq? there must be enough to just do bombings in public places like the IRA did, so why aren't they?

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Flyersfan if "they" wanted all of us dead that would have been a fete acomplis (:duh
by now. Pardon the spelling.

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Complacency has set in, so the great nation grows weak. A strike inside to show we are at their heart. This is remember a Holy war.

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Terrorists are unpredictable, don't expect that terrorists are going to attack the U.S. each and every day because it sounds so easy. Remember the previous attacks in pre 9/11? How long does it take for Al Qaeda to plan and attack against U.S. interests? How about post-9/11? Hmmm? I could post up previous attacks since 9/11 and tell you that they prefer to wait and attack when there is an opportunity, not when they are required to follow each attack each year, or each month or each day. Seriously, you guys assume such things. You guys are not Al Qaeda so don't attempt to say this is what I would do if I was Al Qaeda and this attack should have happened long time ago or so on.

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
Terrorists are unpredictable, don't expect that terrorists are going to attack the U.S. each and every day because it sounds so easy.

How much planning would be required to walk into a shopping mall and pull a pin on a grenade? or even lob some firebombs in a busy store?
And I don't think it was construed to be 'each & every day', just someday during the holiday season

Remember the previous attacks in pre 9/11? How long does it take for Al Qaeda to plan and attack against U.S. interests? How about post-9/11? Hmmm? I could post up previous attacks since 9/11 and tell you that they prefer to wait and attack when there is an opportunity, not when they are required to follow each attack each year, or each month or each day. Seriously, you guys assume such things.

Not sure what your trying to say here

You guys are not Al Qaeda so don't attempt to say this is what I would do if I was Al Qaeda and this attack should have happened long time ago or so on.

Who's to say there haven't been countless foiled attempts already to preform such attacks?

The govs favorite revert lines are similar to " You don't always here about the attacks we thwart or stop, many are never made public knowledge" or something like that.
Not that I give much credence to this happening, one could deduce the possibility of just such attacks being prevented.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Terrorists are unpredictable, don't expect that terrorists are going to attack the U.S. each and every day because it sounds so easy. Remember the previous attacks in pre 9/11? How long does it take for Al Qaeda to plan and attack against U.S. interests? How about post-9/11? Hmmm? I could post up previous attacks since 9/11 and tell you that they prefer to wait and attack when there is an opportunity, not when they are required to follow each attack each year, or each month or each day. Seriously, you guys assume such things. You guys are not Al Qaeda so don't attempt to say this is what I would do if I was Al Qaeda and this attack should have happened long time ago or so on.

It would be surprisingly easy to perform an attack. You don't need a grand uber plan, like 9/11. Car bombs and suicide bombers could wreak havoc and no one would be able to stop them unless you took out the bomb makers. Of course, they would get them eventually.

But if what your saying is true, then Muslim terrorists are the worst, most disorganised, lazy bunch of mo-fo's in the history of terrorist-ing....
.. We always here of plans that take years to come to frution..why?

Jesus, I could make a bomb in a few hours and by the end of the day have blown up hundreds of people. I'm not going to, of course, as that wouldn't be very nice.

But the point is, why the hell are they so hell bent of making us scared of the Islamic Extremist when it is quite obvious he is a bumbling, useless idiot who couldn't bomb his way out of fireworks factory.

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

It would be surprisingly easy to perform an attack. You don't need a grand uber plan, like 9/11. Car bombs and suicide bombers could wreak havoc and no one would be able to stop them unless you took out the bomb makers. Of course, they would get them eventually.

In my opinion they prefer grand plans, recon the target, get the people who are willing to do it, resources, money, orders from their leaders, etc.

But if what your saying is true, then Muslim terrorists are the worst, most disorganised, lazy bunch of mo-fo's in the history of terrorist-ing....
.. We always here of plans that take years to come to frution..why?

Then the IRA must be lasy as well. Do they attack Great Britain or in Northern Ireland every day? Al Qaeda tends to do things dramatic, like attacks on the U.S. embassies simultaneously in Africa. Or the attack on a state of the art destroyer, or the attacks on 9/11. Or in Bali, or Spain or Great Britain.

Jesus, I could make a bomb in a few hours and by the end of the day have blown up hundreds of people. I'm not going to, of course, as that wouldn't be very nice.

But the point is, why the hell are they so hell bent of making us scared of the Islamic Extremist when it is quite obvious he is a bumbling, useless idiot who couldn't bomb his way out of fireworks factory.

That simple, then we be seeing bombs in Britain by IRA everyday since its existance eh? Al Qaeda does bomb in other countries like Morocco and Saudi Arabia and other countries, but it takes planning and time to do it all. If you attempt to execute the mission and it fails because of poor planning and pressure to do something, chances are that your target will be hard to destroy for many years to come. Better to plan perfectly and executed brilliantly. Practice makes perfect.

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 12:33 PM
link   
The collective terrorist front has explicitly stated that they want to bring the fight to the US. I gues the question here is why haven't we seen any of this yet. Keep in mind what happened after 9/11. We quickly hardened commercial airplanes and airport/air travel security making it significantly more difficult to mount another 9/11 style attack.

If a lone suicide bomber attacked a mall, for example, he'd break alot of windows and kill alot of people. Measures would then be put in place to make the next such attack much more difficult. To make sure any such attack has the greatest impact, they would most likely mount multiple, simultaneous attacks knowing that staging similar attacks in the future would be made significantly more difficult. When/if it happens look for it to be widespread and dramatic. That's their goal. These people aren't stupid.

As horrible as a coordinated attack on a busy shopping center would be, my biggest fear would be coordinated random attacks on residential homes. Terrorist driving around in the middle of the night lobbing grenades through the windows on people's houses. Imagine thye terror that would seed and the difficulty in patrolling/securing the entire residential footrpint of the country. It would place us in a near-lockdown situation.

[edit on 14-12-2006 by jtma508]

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 01:41 PM
link   

In my opinion they prefer grand plans, recon the target, get the people who are willing to do it, resources, money, orders from their leaders, etc.

That I can see, but multiple, sustained attacks like in Iraq or Afghanistan would have a cumulative effect.

Then the IRA must be lasy as well. Do they attack Great Britain or in Northern Ireland every day? Al Qaeda tends to do things dramatic, like attacks on the U.S. embassies simultaneously in Africa. Or the attack on a state of the art destroyer, or the attacks on 9/11. Or in Bali, or Spain or Great Britain.

We did see attacks on an almost daily basis. You could put your money on an attack taking place at least once a week, either in NI, the Mainland UK or in a foreign country were troops were stationed. I personally endured 4 bomb scares in my 2 years in Germany and I wont even go into how much fun Northern Ireland was! All were real. We're not talking Docklands or Omagh, but pipe bombs, shootings, car bombs were a very regular occurence.

That simple, then we be seeing bombs in Britain by IRA everyday since its existance eh? Al Qaeda does bomb in other countries like Morocco and Saudi Arabia and other countries, but it takes planning and time to do it all. If you attempt to execute the mission and it fails because of poor planning and pressure to do something, chances are that your target will be hard to destroy for many years to come. Better to plan perfectly and executed brilliantly. Practice makes perfect.

Yes, it is unbelievably simple to make a bomb. If you are not aware of the hows, then I suggest you research it. I could purchase the ingredients in the morning and by lunch time I could have killed 100 people. Doesn't have to Semtex or C4 you know

Although I do understand the reasoning you state about the planning and wanting to hit big. But seeing as they very rarely succeed, one should question wether they should change their strategy. If, as is claimed by the authorities, that they have 1000's of people working for them in western countries, why not just have waves of suicide bombers attacking shopping centres and nightclubs? It is perfectly do-able, easily planned and has a much more "terror" effect than worrying about a Landmark.

[edit on 14/12/06 by stumason]

[edit on 14/12/06 by stumason]

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 08:41 AM
link   
It all depends firstly on whether 9/11 was the work of AQ or someone else.

Furthermore, will the next terrorist attack in the US be from central AQ leadership or fringe/connected groups.

If its the first type, they will only attack US again if they are sure it will be bigger and more damaging than 9/11, it's their simple mentality.

If the second, then an attack could happen anytime.

One thing i disagree with are all these people saying that the mass transit system and/or shopping malls are at risk... how is that going to out-do 9/11? a few hundred casualities.

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I don't think there is any evidence that a requirement exists that any terror attack be bigger than 9/11. It seems their goals are to let us all know that the government is unable/unwilling to effectively protect us and to damage the US economy in the process. The bad guys have repeatedly stated that they wish to get nukes into the US. They know that it would be impossible to acquire enough nukes to substantially damage the US. But they also know that even a few, well-positioned nukes could most definitely set the US economy on its heels for a very long time.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join