It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Polonium 210 trail - What are the connections?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 02:04 PM
link   
CNN just released a list of the addresses Scotland Yard has quarantened in the poisoned spy/radiation mystery.

Here's the list:

Scotland Yard confirmed the identity of 11 of the 12 locations where traces of contamination have been discovered. These are -- all in London: the Itsu sushi restaurant in Piccadilly, the Millennium Hotel in Grosvenor Square, Litvinenko's home, Barnet General Hospital, University College Hospital, 25 Grosvenor Street, 58 Grosvenor Street, 7 Down Street, the Sheraton Hotel in Park Lane and the two grounded BA aircraft at Heathrow. The identity of the 12th location is unclear.

What's the connection?

So far, I found a listing for Hayler Osbourne, a surveyor firm, at 25 Grosvenor St.

More interesting is 58 Grosvenor St., home to Oriental & African Strategic Advisors, a firm with connections to the Russian oligarchs, and an even shadier past, apparently.

7 Down Street also is connected to an oligarch.

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Well, does Iraq fit into all of this? Quite possibly. If you read the news stories, our dead Russian spy visited the offices of Erinys, a military contractor in London.

You can find a lot on this firm in the U.S. government documents.

For instance:

Erinys International, won a $40 million contract to train 6,500 armed guard to protect
Iraqi oil wells, pipelines, refineries, and power plants, mostly in southern Iraq. Until late 2004,
when the Iraqi Oil Ministry took charge of security at oil facilities, Erinys operated as part of a
$100 million joint contract with approximately 14,000 guards (mainly Iraqi nationals). In support of
Erinys, Florida-based AirScan Inc. provides aerial surveillance of Iraqi pipelines. Under Saddam
Hussein, Iraqi pipelines were guarded in part by local tribes, and in part by two army divisions.

Oh, and check out that Florida company, AirScan....guess what...sounds like a major CIA outfit. Or at least heavily tied into some shady U.S. gov't dealings....

Read an eye-opening report here.

Here are some tidbits:

AirScan is one of the named defendents in the law suit Galvis Mujica v. Occidental Petroleum, et al. filed April 23, 2003 in the US District Court in Los Angeles. The suit was filed by the Washington DC based International Labor Rights Fund and is based on the Alien Tort Claims Act [6] [7]. The AirScan employees, Arthur McClintock, Jose Orta, and Charlie Denny have disappeared and no one seems too ready to cough them up [8]. The Coast Guard is investigating whether Orta, who was allegedly flying the plane, was a military officer on active duty at the Coast Guard at the time [9]. AirScan has denied any involvement in the attack [10].

AirScan has been implicated in running Pentagon weapons to counter-insurgency operations in Uganda, as well as to rebels in the Sudan fighting the Khartoum regime [12][
AirScan was hired by the MPLA government of Angola in late 1997 to provide surveillance of the mostly Chevron owned oil installations in the Cabinda region, a region Angola had just weeks earlier led an offensive from into the Congo. The MPLA had several firms hired in the region including Defence Systems Limited and MPRI, who had been set receive the contract but pulled out at the last moment.
The timing and location of hiring AirScan leads some to believe these firms are providing covert training and assistance in oil wealthy areas of Africa [13].
Brigadier General Joe Stringham, a founding member of AirScan and in charge of operations in Cabinda was responsible for many covert counter-insurgency activities in El Salvador during their dirty war in the '80s [14][15].

Well, it seems it comes back to oil somehow. Holy cow.

[edit on 30-11-2006 by behindthescenes]

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Awesome research! You get my WATS vote this month.

Keep us updated if you find out anything interesting about the other addresses.

And yes, I have that dream all the time except I'm wearing a chicken suit and the women are eating cold rice pudding and tossing pickles.

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Great work behindthescenes, nice research.

I've got an off the cuff theory!

click here to read it!

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe
Awesome research! You get my WATS vote this month.

Keep us updated if you find out anything interesting about the other addresses.

And yes, I have that dream all the time except I'm wearing a chicken suit and the women are eating cold rice pudding and tossing pickles.

I'm hitting a deadend on the Hayler Osbourne connection at this point. It's possible that H-O is just a single tenant at that location; I don't know, still trying to see how this comes out.

Nonetheless, it does seem like we have the coincidental presnce of the CIA in all of this.

As for my dreams....pickles, yeah baby!

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by xSMOKING_GUNx
Great work behindthescenes, nice research.

I've got an off the cuff theory!

click here to read it!

Actually, a terrorism attack was in the back of my mind as another possibility. Although the connections to Putin -- whether he was directly involved or being set up -- seems way too coincidental.

Interestingly though, Polonium 210 isn't as hard to come by as some media outlets indicate. In fact, any photography store carries P-210 if they sell destatic brushes. They contain a cartredge of P-210 -- enough to be lethal.

This whole story is so murky.....

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Here is an interesting angle. I might try to follow up on this if I get time over the weekend, although I'll be in Munich working. Hope the Hotel has a good broadband service.

theirishbulletin.blogspot.com...

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy
Here is an interesting angle. I might try to follow up on this if I get time over the weekend, although I'll be in Munich working. Hope the Hotel has a good broadband service.

theirishbulletin.blogspot.com...

Britguy, that's a great, albeit brief, article. So, the oligarch angle returns to the forefront again. Although I still won't dismiss the CIA out of hand at this point either.

Let me know if you have time to do some research; I can use the help.

top topics

join