It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BTS.talk: Rantings of the Perpetually Sleep-Deprived:08

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 10:53 PM
link   

PODcast: Rantings of the Perpetually Sleep-Deprived:08
What do you get when you cross a blog with a podcast? A "blogcast"!
(I know you saw that one coming!)

length: 07:53
file: btstpod_2018.mp3
size: 3671k
feed: btst

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 02:15 AM
link   
"Blogs... The abused red headed step-child of ats"

Can you say funny?

Maria, as always I've got my torch and my pitchfork and I'll do for our little circle of friends whatever I can do. I think you pretty much said what all bloggers (and PODCasters?) are thinking... I do however disagree with you on one point. I can't replace or combine my blog and PODcasts because I'm not as good a speaker as I'm a writer. I rely on my "cheesy sound clips" to keep my PODCasts entertaining. If it weren’t for that the sound of my voice would put all the listeners to sleep. I would never be able to live up to my Blog content with a PODCast (I have tried and failed miserably).

Secondly, personally I don't have the time and resources to do a daily or regular PODCast. With a blog entry I write and add and change throughout the day during work hours. Whilst a PODCast I need to do at home in the evenings, and most of my PODCasts take about 2 hours to complete. I don't have two hours a day or even two hours every 3 days to do a PODCast.

All that said - I'm still standing there right next to you, ready to fight for equal rights for Blogs as much as equal rights for PODCasts.

We demand to be heard!
We're all attention whores aren't we? (Am I allowed to say whores?)

Thanks for the mention and compliments. And a special thanks for speaking our minds!

[edit on 16-11-2006 by Gemwolf]

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Hi Maria,

I always enjoy hearing your podcast, you've got a great natural voice. I'm really
curious as to who performed the music in your introduction/beginning, I really liked it.

You spoke about certain bloggers being the current "abused red headed step-child of
ats"... and I found that statement amusing as thats what my father use to say, and so
that brought a smile to my face. With that said let me turn my attention towards the sentiment.

I really wasn't aware of there being a conflict between the blogs and podcast. I think
there will always be those that prefer reading and writing versus a recording/podcast.
There are those that prefer listening to the radio over watching television, and others
that would rather read the newspaper above the other mediums. I personally always have enjoyed
reading the blogs here at ATS but I don't think I could maintain one, I admire those that
create their blogs and share their creativity, ideas, and personal thoughts with us all.
I don't think I could do that and envy those that can place in printed form whats on
their minds. I hope that whatever riff there might be can be calmed down to a point
that we all can just enjoy each others creativity regardless of the medium chosen to
display it by.

I think your idea about a blogcast was a very interesting idea and I hope you can rally
support for that concept and make it into reality for us all to enjoy.

Thanks for sharing,

Johnny

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I enjoyed your podcast very much my friend.

I plan on podcasting more once I find out where this really annoying hum in the background of my podcasts is coming from

Keep up the great casts.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Hi Maria!

I'm a red headed step child...
I forgive you.

Ramble??? Me??? nah...

Very good PODcast...the blogs sort of go through peaks and valleys don't they...must rectify.

Always enjoy your casts!

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyAnonymous
I'm really curious as to who performed the music in your introduction/beginning, I really liked it.

I put the intro music together in GarageBand. I've titled it "Ranter's Melody."

Although, I must admit, I can't read one note from another. So I took a piece of canned music from the program and "spiced" it up a little.

Originally posted by Gemwolf
I would never be able to live up to my Blog content with a PODCast (I have tried and failed miserably).

Gem, don't sell yourself short! I believe both your blog and your podcasts have a following. In fact, I consider myself to be sort of a Gemwolf groupie.

Anyway, I would like to thank everyone who has the patience to actually listen to one of my ramblings. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. That special feeling you get from drinking a nice hot cup of chocolate with little bitty marshmallows. Thanks for listening!

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by maria_stardust

Originally posted by JohnnyAnonymous
I'm really curious as to who performed the music in your introduction/beginning, I really liked it.

I put the intro music together in GarageBand. I've titled it "Ranter's Melody."

Although, I must admit, I can't read one note from another. So I took a piece of canned music from the program and "spiced" it up a little.

Can you please post the music for us... I really enjoyed it...

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by maria_stardust
Gem, don't sell yourself short! I believe both your blog and your podcasts have a following. In fact, I consider myself to be sort of a Gemwolf groupie.

Thank you Maria. I suppose I always measure the quality of anything against responses, hits and pats on the back. I know, not a very good measuring method, because some fans wish to watch from the shadows. As I said: "Attention whore".

Now if only my groupies would shower me with gifts or at least throw underwear on the stage.

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Hey! Nice PODCast! And thanks for the mention! Can't beat the feeling you get when your recognized by someone else!!

I think you touched on things that many bloggers are feeling, but might not have shared for one reason or another. I am deffinately finding that I really enjoy PODCasting, but I also really enjoy Blogging. I'm trying to bring the two together (to a small degree ayway) by referencing each one in the other.

new topics

top topics

join