It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant Paw Prints- whats your verdict?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Recently a british couple have found a set of Giant Paw prints in their garden..

Jacqueline and Richard May, of Foxhall Road, are baffled by a series of prints - seeming to have been made by an animal with claws or toes - left in their garden.

Source

This is an area with frequent big cat sightings...but they don't look like cat prints to me..?

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 02:20 AM
link   
I think it looks like a bear paw print. I personally haven't seen a bear in my life but i've seen pictures of them and it would seem to me to be so.

Can you see the resemblence? The print in the picture on the link you provided us with seems a bit more thrashed, but I definitely see a resemblence.

Crisis

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 02:59 AM
link   
I can't make out whether there are 4 or 5 toes/pads. It looks like a "thumb"-like print on the side of the paw, which make it less likely to be a cat, and more likely a bear as 1Crisis suggests (as these are some of the few quadrupeds with 5-6 toes/pads)?

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 03:20 AM
link   
My first thought was that it was a bear as well. Maybe one escaped from the zoo/circus?

After having a look though it looks like it only has 4 toe pads. Your right there is what appears to be a thumb pad. Do any bears have 4 toepads?

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 03:31 AM
link   
The first picture just looks like some mud on the ground. How can you possibly come to any conclusions from that? It doesn't look like a foot print of any kind.

[edit on 11-13-2006 by groingrinder]

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a 7" paw width is freaking huge [ for a creature running wild in the suberbs of ipswitch ] , and the the pictures shown so far are far to lo res to determine anything of value

but my gut impresiion is a hoaxer using a stuffed animal paw or some other prop to " cookie cutter " prints across the ` victims ` lawn as some prank or phychological intimidation .

but to be helpfull , i have however contacted the evening star news paper , requesting hi res photographs and further information .

i naturally included a plug for ats.com and gave them a direct link to this thread

so , stay tuned for further info

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 01:37 AM
link   
an american werewolf in ipswich?

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 03:13 PM
link   
my attempts to coax more information regarding the case from the " Ipswich eveningstar " newspaper have fallen flat .

my email was sent @ 13:27 on monday 13th November 2006

so they have had 3 full working days [ office hourse ] to reply

i have lost all faith that they will , bloody rude southerners

ah well , it was worth a try .

[edit on 16-11-2006 by ignorant_ape]

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I have always wanted to carve a "cloven hoof " in the bottom of a walking stick and go over to a church yard after it rains and make prints everywhere as if Satan was hanging around waiting for folks who were not paying attention to the sermon.

It would also be cool to scare kids with. "See you were bad and Satan came last night to take you to hell!!"

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 06:16 AM
link   
carve a cloven hoof into the bottom of a walking stick ?

that sounds like hard work , when i can just take off my shoes and socks and have two cloven footprints

BWAAAAAA !!!!!

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 07:00 AM
link   
This is not an animal print.........

An animal would leave an impression in the grass, it would not leave a pile of mud or remove the turf like the picture indicates.

It's a fake.

Wig

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I wouldn't say fake, there's no reason for Mr & Mrs May to invent this. I also wouldn't say foot/pawprint not from the evidence so far, you need to be onsite to get the full picture.

My initial thoughts are that they are scuff marks from this kind of creature
Or they could be tyre scuff marks from turning the wheels.

If anyone livessnear Ipswich I believe this is where they live
maps.google.co.uk...,1.195686&spn=0.001913,0.004849&t=k&om=0

Opposite the St Elizabeth Hospice. Shouldn't be too hard to find.

[edit on 20/11/2006 by Wig]

Wig

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I just reviewed this thread and looked at the photo, I had forgotten it, as soon as I saw it I thought it looks like a tyre tread with a bit of scuffed mud where the wheels had turned.

Then I read about the dispersal of the marks around some vehicles but some maybe in a vehicle inaccessble place (behind a garden wall) the article said. And I thought they might have been made by a criminal jumping over the wall and the ones around the cars by the criminal again scuffing the mud, while lying on the ground etc.

Then I read the thread to see what others had suggested then I finally read my reply above ROFL, I had exactly the same conclusion back then! but I noticed the picture was gone so I decided I should clarify the situation. and try to save the original picture for the longevity of the thread should anyone wish to refer back to it in the future.

so here is the pic of the scuff mark alledgedly looking like a footprint!

and here is the 'creature" I suggested in the above above post (it is a picture of a criminal - should it ever dissappear again)

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Some times my big 100 lb dogs get hyper and start scratching in the mud outside. They make a decent sized hole but as they walk away they continue to do little scuff scratches. Its really funny and they make marks exactly like this one.

Also - large cats (tiger, leopards, pumas, etc) retract their claws when they walk. I worked with a really old lion that was unable to retract his claws when he walked and therefore left claw marks on the ground. But most big cats wont leave claw marks.

new topics

top topics

join