It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I had an unpleasant experience last night

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I had the most unpleasant experience last night. I had been sound asleep and having a nice dream (don't remember the dream, but there was a warm feeling attached to it). Part way through my dream I'm jolted awake(?) by this feeling of immense pressure around my torso. I felt like I was being wrapped in something very tightly and I couldn't move. There's an overall feeling that something's out to get me.

I'm panicing and try to yell at my husband. I can't make a sound. I then try to rock myself back and forth in an attempt to roll off the bed and break free. All of a sudden I feel myself sitting up in bed, and the next instant I'm on the ceiling. I see myself and my husband laying in bed. I see the baby asleep in his crib. I can see the light from the alarm clock illuminating portions of the nightstand. I linger up there for about two or three seconds. Just long enough to access where the hell I am.

I then find myself back in bed startled and confused. I am wide awake. I'm no longer feeling any pressure around my body, nor presence in the room.

Was this an OOBE? I didn't hear anything unusual (like wind). I didn't feel like I was being pulled out of my body. I didn't even feel myself return to my body. Any thoughts?

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Wow. Sounds exactly like what my sister has described as some of her first OOBEs. She's a pro now and leaves her body all the time, but many years ago, she described a 'struggle' to break free of the bonds of the body. Sometimes she could disconnect the top half but the bottom half would get 'stuck' or her hands would get stuck and she'd sit there trying to break free. She was somewhat afraid at first, not knowing what was going on. But I imagine it gets easier. It certainly did for her.

That's all I have on it but it sounds like one to me.

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 09:10 AM
link   
The sequence of events you describe are similar to an experience I have had.

Laying on my bed, I felt at first as if my body was paralized. I didn't panic and just lay quietly enjoying the sensation. Next was a feeling of weightlessness and shrinking.

My eyes were closed during all of this, but when I opened them, I saw myself lying below, sprawled upon the bed and saw that my eyes were closed.

At that observation, I panicked and sat up in bed, relieved that I was still whole, alive and within my body.

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I had a similar experience but under very different circumstances. I was 8 or 9, having breakfast on a bar stool, mom in the other room. I fell off the bar stool and broke my arm with a concussion to add insult to injury. I VIVIDLY remember hitting on the ground and immediately looking down on myself laying on the ground from 8 or 9 feet up. Disconnect of consciousness who knows. But yeah I'd say what you had was an uncontrolled OOBE. Cultivate it, should be fun!

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 10:05 AM
link   
You got a classic case of sleep paralysis.
Did you see the "old woman/hag"?
Any feeling of demonic presences?

en.wikipedia.org...

I had it twice as a kid...totally unable to move as the hag squashed my chest.
Damned scary,I feel for for totally.

I don`t suppose you want to hear this,but I have never been convinced that it is a brain/body thing...but something much more dark and scary.

No more cheese before bed,naughty.

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Sounds like you had a classic uncontrolled OOBE. Good luck with it if you decide to pursue it.

+12 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 02:17 PM
link   
So, it was a possible OOBE. I've experienced sleep paralysis before, but this felt different. I hadn't felt the pressure part during paralysis. Nor did I see an old hag. I did have a scary experience with an unknown being or shadow person several years ago, that I related on another thread.

My other paranormal experience.

I did feel another presence in the room, but it could very well have been the panicing. I have tried to have an OOBE before, but all I ended up doing was becoming very relaxed and getting a good night's sleep.

I wonder how these things are triggered. Time to do a little research! Thanks for all the feedback!

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Yeah,it sounds like you had a very bad uncontolled OOBE... Try not to panic the next time it happens. It will go much smoother for you that way.

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
You got a classic case of sleep paralysis.
Did you see the "old woman/hag"?
Any feeling of demonic presences?

No more cheese before bed,naughty.

I guess you read the whole post because she talks about being able to look down upon herself? How do you explain that?

What I think happened is that the grays tried to abduct her soul which they often do and she became aware of this and resisted and thus they reinserted her back into her body.

They will try again.

I doubt she did this of her own free will because she had no intent to do it. But now that she knows about this it could be different for her in future though.

Be careful when you go out of the body because you are in an unfamiliar place and you can be abducted.

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I had a similar dream very recently,

I was lieing in bed, couldnt move rolled off of my bed and was on the floor, i couldnt move at all and was stiff as a board. I decided to calm down and grasp the situation, (i've never been in control of dreams so it was quite amamzing to be calm). I decided to exparament and see what i could do. I could not move, but if i imagined doing something (ie rubbing my stomach) i could feel it. t'was quite odd. then after a bit i woke up as if it was a bad dream scared as hell... dunno why really, i found the situation quite enjoyable.
So can someone tell me, was this also an OoBE? or a bizarre dream?

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Hello maria_stardust,

What you experienced definitely sounds as if it were an Astral Projection (OBE). The sensations which you describe at the end, and which are usually associated with an OBE, are not always experienced by people who have one. There are many people who Astral Project without feeling any sensations beforehand, and many who simply lose consciousness and do not remember going back to their body.

The fear you felt was what made it end so soon. Next time, if you wish, try to remain calm and enjoy the experience. You may be pleasantly surprised.

Inverencial Peace,
Akashic

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 01:41 AM
link   
You are definitely not alone, out of body experiences do occur. For some people the experience is quite positive.

Troy

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Well when i was younger i remember my mom telling a story about something trying to pull her out of her bed, by her feet. Now about this oobe i dont really know what it is but after it tried to pull her off the bed by her feet, it then tried to grab her head and kiss her as she explained. Maybe you guys can shed some light on me. Now as i go about 6 years ago i had a something happen but was far diffrent. I was asleep but then i woke, now at this point i could not move. Then i close my eyes and started to relax and chill out when i opened them i saw 3 dog type of creatures on top of me. At that point i was scared as hell and forced myself to move. The feeling i had i felt dead, lifeless, but felt very comfortable at peace. I know it didnt seem right tho. Plz give me some feed back.

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Nightmares are often attributes to pressure on the chest. Seems like a nightmare TO ME.

Thanks for posting
As someone else pointed out, try going to this link: en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 12-11-2006 by PisTonZOR]

+9 more 
posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Well, it happened again last night. I didn't pop out of my body, but the uncomfortable pressure was present. I also had the sense that something else was in the room, but I may have just been freaking out about the pressure. It eventually just faded away after what seemed to be several minutes. Not really sure.

Anyway, I've been literally exhausted the past three or four weeks. The baby's teething and has been sick. So, I end up getting up several times a night. I wonder if the exhaustion is playing a role in this.

Well, I'd like to thank everyone for their feedback. It's nice to know there's a support group when one of life's little mysteries pop up.

+24 more 
posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Okay. I've been struggling with this issue on and off for about a month now. Until now, I've only experienced the actually OBE the first time. Usually, it has just been the frightfully uncomfortable pressure. I have spent the last month or so reading up on this and seeking guidance. I especially found Rivergoddess' Concious OBE thread to be a wealth of information.

Anyway, last night in the middle of a pleasant dream, I slipped out of my dream state for a few seconds and into another OBE. It was abrupt, like changing the channel midway through an interesting program. I went from a full color dream to floating above the edge of my bed and viewing everything in sepia tones. I distinctly recall facing the ceiling fan, and flipping over in mid-air and looking down at the bed and carpet. I felt a slight buoyancy, and bobbed up and down for a few seconds before drifting down to the bed and waking up.

The interesting thing is that I didn't feel any fear this time. It was more like "Oh, it's an OBE." This was a tremendous relief -- to recognize and accept a situation -- without dread or fear. I think a great part of this breakthrough was being informed.

new topics

top topics

join