It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Veterans Day

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Not sure if this is the correct forum, so please feel free to move this thread if need be.

I just wanted to give a heartfelt SALUTE to all the vets out there. Past and present.

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Here, here.

There are no words that can truly express the gratitude I have for our Vets. The brave men and women who served often times are not old enough to purchase alcohol legally. Yet for centuries, we have counted on these kids to defend our land. And they have, valiantly. Our freedoms, and we have so many to be thankful for, are a direct result of their efforts and sacrifices. It is because of Vets, that I can sit here on ATS, and complain that all my freedoms are taken away.
And lest we forget, remember all of those Vets that have fallen in the name of our freedoms.
Thank you Vets, you have always done us proud.

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 01:59 PM
link   
How come I have to work on veteran's day, even though I'm a Vietnam-era veteran, yet all the school kids, including the junior college ones, get the day off?

When I become Queen of France, I'm gonna pass a law that all the veterans get the day off with pay.

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Once again, I want to say THANK YOU to all vets.
I hope every one of you has a perfect day.

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Just another day that it's in my face the size of the shaft I've received the last many years for being .......... a Veteran.

There are thousands more Veterans just like me. It ain't our day ....... its a day for evryone else to attempt to clear their conscience of all the soldiers like us, forgotten, abandoned, left to struggle every day for all of our years to come.

Misfit

[edit on 11/11/06 by Misfit]

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Off_The_Street
How come I have to work on veteran's day, even though I'm a Vietnam-era veteran, yet all the school kids, including the junior college ones, get the day off?

When I become Queen of France, I'm gonna pass a law that all the veterans get the day off with pay.
I'm so glad i'm out of there.
Cape Cod, Ma. celebrates and businesses are closed for the day.

Happy Veterans day!

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I hope all the veterans have a great day today. They have my gratitude and respect for doing their duty for this country. You should be proud of yourselves and know that alot of people in this country are proud of you too.

When Veteran's Day comes around I always remember my Dad, a WW2 vet from the "old school" who told us lots of his "war stories" and I miss him greatly.

top topics

join