It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BTS.talk: Being a Marine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 11:49 PM
link   

PODcast: Being a Marine
USMC Birthday Tribute
All Music and Sounds Courtesy USMC HQ, 8th and I, Washington DC

length: 17:02
file: btstpod_1995.mp3
size: 7988k
feed: btst

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Semper,

Where to begin ... where to begin?

First and foremost, I am not a Marine.
Back in the day I served in the USAF, proudly of course.
The reason I say I am Not a Marine, versus I Wasn't, is that I, through association with, have come to realize that Once = Always with regards to the Corps. On more than one occasion I've been reminded that there is No such thing as an "ex" MARINE

Your tribute to the upcoming anniversary is truly commendable, and, in my opinion, would bring a tear to the eye and a smile to the face of Any who can rightfully say I AM A MARINE.
An accomplishment and title Not to be taken lightly, for those unfamiliar with.

Stand Tall, Stand Proud, and, for those who can affirm to said title and have earned the right, Take pride in that which you are.

A UNITED STATES MARINE.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, USMC!
:salute:

[edit on 11/9/2006 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Hey Semper...

Great Podcast, your feelings of being a proud member of this elite force comes through.
I appreciate your sharing your thoughts with us, I learned a bit more than I knew before.

Happy Birthday Marines, thanks for having our backside covered, and thank you Semper for the podcast!

Johnny

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Wow!!! Semperfortis I agree with you totally if you ever run into a marine from the marine core stop by to salute them. I agree completely-- there is absolutely nothing like learning about the sacrifices that you have to lose in battle on the battle field and I think if I was a marine I'd stop to think about it like you would. Hmm? I'd say I'm proud of you. Great podcast

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I don't often listen to podcasts, but that was an excellent one, semper.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Semper,

I made my husband listen to it. He's a Marine. Need i say he was very impressed and he gives you thumbs

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 02:00 AM
link   
im still thinking about being a marine (im came very close to signing my name on the dotted line last year). i should have a listen.

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Semper, I really enjoyed that podcast

S/F

Sporty

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Excellent podcast!

However, just to let you know A sailor or a soldier doesn't earn the title by "stepping off the bus." He to is a recruit until he graduates bootcamp...

Just remember one time one fight...

top topics

join