It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inner Light?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 04:35 PM
link   
This is something that has happened to me from the time I was very young.

I can be in an entirely dark room and it still happen,so I know it doesn't have anything to do with the internal "memory" or anything like that.

I can be in a pitch black room,close my eyes, and there is a ball of "white light" behind my eyelids. Sometimes that "light" has a dark spot in the center almost like a doughnut or something. Anyone know what this is or what may cause it?

I have had people tell me that it is my "inner light." I don't know.

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I have not heard of it until now, but it could be real cool when you feel like surrounding yourself in white light all you need to do is close your eyes!

When I close my eyes in the dark I "see" swirling colors.

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
This is something that has happened to me from the time I was very young.

I can be in an entirely dark room and it still happen,so I know it doesn't have anything to do with the internal "memory" or anything like that.

I can be in a pitch black room,close my eyes, and there is a ball of "white light" behind my eyelids. Sometimes that "light" has a dark spot in the center almost like a doughnut or something. Anyone know what this is or what may cause it?

I have had people tell me that it is my "inner light." I don't know.

yea ive had that happen before...its not your inner light..but its really just the shape of your eye..and the pupil is the center of the donut.

im being serious!

intrestedalways...what happened to you? come back to my thread

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Perhaps it is the place where your 'silver cord' (soul's anchor) is attached to YOU - the other end being attached to God.

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I know what you mean, I get that too. A bright white light inside your head.
I've heard of an inner light, wether that's it, I don't know?

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I have that too.
I just figured it was pressure on my eyes, something I was never told about by my eye doctor for my stigmatism (spelling?) or some unexplaned light phenomenon, I may sound crazy here but because I have way to much free time on my hands I close my eyes and focus on it, and I swear I can change its color and make it brighter and when I open my eyes it stays for a bit, though thats probably not good.

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Congratulations SpeakerOfTruth,

I believe you can see what many spiritualists and seekers of enlightenment, work years to achieve - yes - a visual image of your 'inner light' or 'spirit' or 'soul'.

We are all made of light - and light is energy, our Creator is also light. We are made in his 'image' - we are all light.

Perhaps you could try some exercises and report back on how you go.

Try meditating (if you do not do so already) and imagine that the light is being fueled by a source from above (god/source/creator/whatever you believe) and try to expand the light to fill your whole head, then your body, then outside your body and visualise the whole room filled with it.

Visualise the light being pure love and divine protection. It will be a great source of peace to you.

I would be very interested in hearing how you go.

Dobbie.

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Thanks,Dobbie... I am not sure what it is inner light,pressure on the eyes,my silver cord, all I know is that it is often there.

I don't see it all of the time,but it does appear quite often. I am very spiritual in nature and I don't do a whole lot of things that,at least I hope not
, that would be viewed as immoral by the creator. Perhaps, because of my extreme spiritual nature,I am able to see things that some are not. I don't know.

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 08:57 AM
link   
what about seeing small balls of light in a darkened room with your eyes open, balls of light that don't illuminate objects around it? and if you look and concerntrate on the balls of light you can see what you can describe as looking at a small part of a television screen, with people moving, moving over landscapes etc.
these only last for two to three secs, then another one will appear, moving around iat random.

is this simply a memory from inside your brain, replaying events that you have seen and cant conciously remember?

[edit on 8-11-2006 by Tykonos]

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 09:33 AM
link   
what if you dont believe in god and are agnostic?

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Tykonos,I am not sure. The only time I have ever seen anything similar to what you mention is shortly before my mother passed away. A couple of days before my mother expired to lung cancer, I saw a series of golden balls of light floating around our living room,which is where my mother passed away. I have always said they were angels preparing for my mother's transition.

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 09:44 AM
link   
sorry to hear that speakeroftruth.

This was a thread I have been wanting to put onfor sometime but didnt have the bottle. Its the reason I came across this site in the first place, to find out more about it. I haven't put the thread on because, to be honest, I wrote a starter thread, detailing my experiences. but reading it back, I cringed at what i was writing.

I don't believe in god, not sure about spirits ghosts etc, I find it hard to understand what I'm seeing.

I belive that I'm seeing events I have experienced visually through my life that I can not conciously remember. It's quite frightening to know you see something different and not think you are crazy.
I have never seen images in colour, just images with very sharp contrast in dark and light.

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Anyone know of people studying this, I would like to take part, as I would like to know what it is and why it happens.

It happens every night

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I think that's just the image you get after you rub your eye hard or do anything similar. It has nothing to do with the paranormal IMO. I have it sometimes as well. After I rub my eyes or sometimes after taking a shower.

If you look at it good, it seems to have the same shape as your eye, which gives me more reason to think it's just physiological.

[edit on 8-11-2006 by TheBandit795]

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 10:57 AM
link   
It is my opinion that there is a much to discover in this phenomenon of 'Inner Light'.

Here are a couple of threads which are related to the topic

www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

From 'The Mind in the Cave' by David Lewis-Williams, published byThames and Hudson...

Writers have called these geometric precepts phosphenes, form constants and entoptic phenomena. I use entoptic phenomena because 'entoptic means 'within vision' (from the Greek), that is, they may originate anywhere between the eye itself and the cortex of the brain. I take this comprehensive term to cover two classes of geometric percepts that appear to derive from different parts of the visual system. Phosphenes can be induced by physical stimulation, such as pressure on the eyeball, and are thus entophthalmic ('within the eye'). Form constants, on the other hand, derive from the optic system, probably beyond the eyeball itself.

-snip-

Simply put, there is a spacial relationship between the retina and the visual cortex: points that are close together on the retina lead to the firing of comparably placed neurons in the cortex.

-snip-

In other words, people in this condition are seeing the structure of their own brains

Two things which I have so far learned about the phenomena...

1. The visual displays are consistent throughout all of humanity. All humans 'see' similar visions, but the society a human comes from will dictate how their mind will 'accept' it. For instance, a pointed shape will be defined as a dart or arrow by a man living in the unexplored jungles of Brazil, but could be seen as a fighter jet or sword by another society.

2. The visions have remained the same for thousands of years. Examples of the same shapes reproduced as art date back as far as 40,000 years ago.

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Its very different to the visuals you get when you rub your eyes.

i'm not saying its paranormal, but I want to know why it happens. I appreciate we still dont know alot about how the brain works, I'm of the opinion that its sub concious images , like dreams

the light moves within the room in a 3d way, back forth, up down etc, like watching a fly,(but obviously alot slower) gaze into it, you see (very hard to desribe this bit) but imagine watching a tv, you see a scene of some description, thats what i see.
only lasts a few seconds, then goes.

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I know that sometimes when I meditate, or seconds right before the times I had the phenomena that made me be able to see through my closed eyelids; it did seem to light up very bright behind my eyelids. That is probably paranormal to me. But it sounded to me as if he was describing the eye rub after image...

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 11:12 AM
link   
lol, I don't rub my eyes much at all, certainly not every night.

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Masqua,I suppose it could be caused from eye pressure. However, why white light?

I thought one thing that your excerpt said was interesting.

In other words, people in this condition are seeing the structure of their own brains

So, my brain is shaped like a washer with a big hole in the middle?
This is how the image appears to me. It looks like a washer made of white ligt or substance with a hole in the center of it?

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 02:11 PM
link   
You know,I came across some information about the inner light and Quakers. Ouite interesting. I knew that the Quakers were much more spiritual than the rest of us tend to be, but I didn't realize they were quite this wise.

At the very center of the Quaker faith lies the doctrine of the Inner Light.

Briefly stated, the principle of the Inner Light is this: In every human soul there is implanted a certain element of God's own spirit and divine energy. The element, known to the early Friends as "that of God in everyone," or the "seed," or the "seed of Christ," or the "seed of Light," means to them in the words of John "the Light that enlighteneth every man who comes into the world."

The Quakers believe that no first hand knowledge of God is possible except through that which is experienced, or inwardly revealed to the individual human being through the working of God's quickening spirit. So George Fox, in his Journal, is repeatedly shown commending troubled questioners to the "teacher within." In his long, anxious search for eternal life and peace, he found no help until he learned to listen to the inner voice.

So basic is this article of belief that it governs and explains the attitude of the Friends toward many things. They include the person and ministry of Christ, the scriptures, the establishment and authority of the church and its usages of ceremony, symbolism and sacraments, and especially the intimate obligations of the individual life.

Quakers and The Inner Light

they seem to be at peace with what they believe. Much like the Amish, the Quakers devote there lives to simplicity and a closeness to God...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join