It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Building State of the Art Nukes!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by BASSPLYR
Industrial streangth lights you say....hmmm. How much juice can my alternater make, and how much for a heavy duty inverter. Hmmmm.

Whats that officer? You just tried to pull over a car on the highway,right before this rest stop a minute ago and he blinded you with 5000 watt lights! that crazy who would do such a thing! Did you get an ID on the car? Everything was too bright and all you saw were a bunch of purple spots! Thats horrible...well, I hope you catch the guy. Have a nice life!

Not too crazy an idea...or not crazy enough....hmmmm

It is the color, not the intensity. The lamps we used operate off of 24 volt DC current. We just added a step up transformer.

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 04:07 PM
link   
hasn't Rumsfeld, Cheney, 2 years ago decided that there is now a need for
ground penetrating, 'bunker buster', low kiloton nukes

instead of the old 'cold war' nukes that were in the megaton class,
and put 10 or more on top of an ICBM, meant to level whole cities!

the shelf-life might play a part in the decision,
but i think the mission objective is the primary reason for upgrading
the USAs nuclear arsenal.

we no longer need to have 100% of the nukes used destroy whole cities...
we need smaller nukes than can be delivered by cruise missiles or be
accurate guided-bombs from B-2s or even stealth bombers attacking the
caves and bunkers of the enemy

doesn't artillary have their own mini-nukes that can be fired from cannons?
they probably need replaced with DU cased projectiles, i.e. modernized

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Yeah but the question is could one rig say 2 or 3 2000 watt Metal halide bulbs, or zenon if I...uh I mean if one, could get it? JUst curious.

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Yeah but the question is could one rig say 2 or 3 2000 watt Metal halide bulbs, or zenon if I...uh I mean if one, could get it? JUst curious.

Only if you were towing a generator along with it. Some of those run on 600 volts and pull some big amps. Not to mention the 80 lb ballast transformer.

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I could see it now. I get the car all rigged to run the bulbs and then i can't here anything over the buzzing of the ballasts. Is there a way to get rid of that buzzing or is that just what transformers do. Figured you might know.

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 05:56 PM
link   
The beams would probably set my apolstry on fire anyways. Good bye lights hello sharpened tacks by the buckets full. I'll figure a way to smuggle my moonshine and give the pesky athorities the slip one way or another. Now where did I park my bright orange car?

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 07:44 AM
link   

The beams would probably set my apolstry on fire anyways. Good bye lights hello sharpened tacks by the buckets full. I'll figure a way to smuggle my moonshine and give the pesky athorities the slip one way or another. Now where did I park my bright orange car?

Ever think of using photo flashes? Not the little ones in the disposible cameras, but the big ones like professional photographers use. You might be able to find some cheap on e-bay. They operate off of a capacitor, so you won't need the generator, just a 120 volt inverter should do the trick.

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Thats good stuff BASSPLYR and JIMC5499. But have you thought of mounting a microwave emitter on the back of the car? That would shut down Whoever was chasing you. Just push the button and . . .

[edit on 14-11-2006 by charlesmelissa]

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by charlesmelissa
Thats good stuff BASSPLYR and JIMC5499. But have you thought of mounting a microwave emitter on the back of the car? That would shut down Whoever was chasing you. Just push the button and . . .

[edit on 14-11-2006 by charlesmelissa]

If we are going to go that far I might as well get a hold of some of my Navy friends and see if they have any surplus EA-6B jamming pods llaying around.

I think we sort of hijacked this thread! Ooops!

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Ohhh Sweet! Could you? We could mount the thing in the trunk. All I'll have to do is remove the rear seats. I'll buy the beer! It'll be fun!!

Seriously, though the photographer flash bulbs would work pretty well if I combined it's use with the Microwave emitter. Bright flash to suprise them and to distract then a split second later the hostile car would just clunk off and roll into the shoulder.

I would have to time it right though. Are there ways to stage the wireing so that they are timed right?
Second how much juice would the microwave emitter draw from my alternator & inverter?
Could I run both at the same time or very close together in timing?
Can the flash bulbs strobe?

Also, I need to finish installing those retractable training wheels...you know to midigate lateral g-forces or something. The problem is they keep knocking over my bucket of tacks. I should really put that tack despenser somewhere behind the rear wheel housing...don't know why i haven't yet...I really should concidering I haven't yet gotten them to deploy without some personal collateral damage.

Man my car looks rediculus.

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Rocky Mountain Radar makes some good toys, not that I have any of them or not.

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Radar you say...Can this be mounted say on top of my car? Just curious. What could I do with it other than scan for speed traps and disrupt comunications by blasting stuff with it? Will it mess with the short wave radios of say other cars...walkie talkies maybe. Again just curious...or am I....

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Well maybe we could squirt one of those new fangled high tech atom bombs, that this thread is supposed to be about, out the back. You know one of those nano nukes that they supposedly used to drop the WTC with? Six inch thick steel plate should protect the car, might even get a boost in speed out of it.

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Hey, for the newest nuclear weapon design see North Korea- lowest yield to date- or maybe it was a dud.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join