It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery Boom at night

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Hey there folks... I've got a question about something that I heard the other night (Thursday, October 26th). It was relatively late I believe, probably 10:30ish or 11:00 at night and I was laying in bed with the TV on when I heard a boom outside, from the direction of up the street and in the woods. It wasn't loud, nor did it make my house shake or make alien figures conjure up in front of me (:lol
. It sounded like something between a very loud fire cracker and a gunshot. It was a deep boom though, ya know? However, it was short like a gunshot or firecracker, but the sound seemed to resonate through the area. Now my area is pretty suburban, our house is surrounded by forest with houses up the street and down the street, but they are pretty well separated, just to set the scene for you.

So I hear this and it kind of alerted me, so I sat upright and muted the TV. Now, I believe there was a second boom after the first, but it took a good bit of time for it to occur, like 20 seconds or so I think. Of course, all of this has to be taken with a grain of salt as it was late at night and the whole thing is a bit hazy, but it just seemed a bit out of the ordinary for our area. What do you think this could have been? Has anyone ever heard something similar?

It was pretty interesting though, kind of like those really calm evenings and then the lone train whistle is heard way off in the distance... Anyway, just thought I'd share my experience, nothing too extraordinary, but just a little snippet of something

peace

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Hey granoladude,

What area of the country are you in?

Here's another thread that talks about mystery booms in so cal and other parts of the USA that you may find interesting:

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

How rural of an area are you in?

Spiderj

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Thanks for the great link Spider! I'm actually up in the Northeastern part of the US, in Connecticut. The area I'm in is pretty rural, plenty of forest around us, with houses a good distance away from eachother in most parts. It certainly was interesting hearing the boom the other night, it was almost like they were doing blasting at a construction or excavation site, but obviously not so late at night! Funny how these sort of things just kind of happen with not too much of an impact, but just enough to catch your attention.

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Whereabouts in CT? I'm from there too...

Strange noises do occur in rural towns... I live in a very rural one down on the shoreline and wierd stuff happens at nite

Mod Note: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 31-10-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Huh, I'm stumped.

Maybe it was demolition but I don't know.

Was it definite an explosion type sound or could it have been something different.

Did it sound more like thunder or more like a large fuse blowing? Or definitely an explosive?

Spider

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I find it hard to believe that it could have been demolition since it was so late at night, and I haven't seen any major construction arears aroung here lately. I also don't think it was thunder as the weather was clear that evening and it wasn't really a rumble, it was very brief, and there were only two that I heard. The fuse idea might be it, except that I didn't notice any flicker or dim in power, unless it was not on our circuit.

What are the odds that someone was out firing a shotgun or something, and would something like that resonate to be heard a ways away?

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I would think a shotgun or large caliber handgun or rifle might echo around depending on the area.

As for the fuse maybe it was one of those large dwp transformers. If it's a quiet night and one of those blows you could probably hear it a long way off.

SPiderj

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Alot of meth labs blow up in rural areas. Happens alot here in So.Cal Make a nice racket.

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 02:55 AM
link   
I to live in the middle of nowhere and I hear that same noise on a constant basis almost every night. I've sort of gotten used to it.

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 02:55 AM
link   
[edit on 19-12-2006 by xnotetoselfx]

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 12:36 PM
link   
This is possibly military experimintation with scaler weaponry it happenes alot off the east coast as well.

see here: www.angelfire.com...

new topics

top topics

join