It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michigan Middle School Terrorized..by Cops?!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by tjsteeler
That's a great drill. I hope they are going to do it in more schools.

The only students who would be scared are the ones who have something to hide or the kids with liberal parents.

im sorry but I wish thare was a way below fote

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan
One thing that seems to bge omitted from this discusion is why EXACTLY this occured. Police typically dont typically train in schools you know. So what is happening here? Why are the police training in public schools anyway?

What was the purpose of this to school function?

this is very strange for a number of reasons. A rinky dink town is not going to have the resources, by itself, to equip its forces with riot gear etc. This makes me think that there are higher forces from the government at play here.

More parents should be outraged and lawsuits possibly need to be filled against the school system as well as the police. Public schools are NOT anti-terrorist training centers.

Another thing that sort of startles me is how easily everyone cooperated. I know they are just kids and maybe my area is a bit different, but there would be definate resitance in a situation like this where I live.

Still this is a troubling event and reeks of higher government involvement.

its not a A rinky dink town its at least a few hundred thousann

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by tjsteeler
That's a great drill. I hope they are going to do it in more schools.

The only students who would be scared are the ones who have something to hide or the kids with liberal parents.

Scaring the bejesus out of children is a great drill?

Your assumption that only guilty children would be scared is alittle misguided. Children who have done nothing wrong have been interrogated by a police officer who has a rifle draped over his shoulder. I think that would have a few of them sweating.

I invite you to inform us how the pros outweight the cons here.

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I think what should happen is EVERY parent pulls their child out of those two schools close them down for a while. That will teach them a lesson. The parents take control of the schools. The parents stand up and say we will not stand for this. The teachers will not have anyone to teach then. The parents should have home school meetings with as meaning children as they can gather. Take care of them their selfs for a while. We teach our children how to sleep, eat, talk, walk, manners, self respect, etc..... I'm sure we can teach them a few math problems, english, history, etc... for a while. At least till the school boards and government understands they can't do this. They can't treat us or our children this way.

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 11:07 PM
link   
This type of action in general has been happening to quite a few schools. About a year and a half ago their was a school search for drugs. They brought in drug sniffing K-9s and lined the kids dow th hall while letting potentialy dangerous dogs sniff the children and the lockers for drugs. Then sometime ago ther was the case of having I think it was first graders, or close to it bring in an item from home for show and tell. When they brought in the item on the day in question, they a had drug sniffing K-9 and told the children not to make any "sudden moves" near the K-9. They then proceded to have the dog sniff the items brought from home for the smell of drugs.

We have our school children being tested for drugs. Searched, siezed, frightened made to believe they cannot trust each other for fear of being shot by one of their own. Having what in the real world are illegal raids and exposed to a military style police force. The police are acting and dressing more and more like the military everywhere. I had a friend on the sheriff department we work with, when I told him of the police tasering a six year old child he stated "dude some of those kids that are A.D.H.D. can become very violent". I said come on man we are talkng about a six year old here, I think you boys can handle that! He was silent. tasered child

My opinion is that if you want a timeline for the police state to be in full swing, figure out when this generation of school kids will be running the show. They will be fully indocternated to follow orders without resistance.

My generation will be too old to stop it...

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 11:14 PM
link   

And mine will be too sick and self-absorbed to care...

My only consolation is that a giant rock from outer space might put us out of our misery before we become even more of an embarassment to the universe.

:shk:

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne

And mine will be too sick and self-absorbed to care...

My only consolation is that a giant rock from outer space might put us out of our misery before we become even more of an embarassment to the universe.

:shk:

Not as long as there are people like you buddy. My step-son is 19 and has a very good head on his shoulders. Tough as nails too.

I know what you mean though, it fricking seams almost hopeless.

Goodnight, LGM

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMantasered child

so are the police dammed if they do , dammed if they dont ?

according to my bst guess from reasing that piece - the incident happened on friday november 5th 2004

what the hell is a 12 year old doing dunk on a friday morning ?????????

and the line that caught my attention was :

firing the Taser when she began to run into traffic. The electric probes hit the girl in the neck and lower back, immobilizing her.

running into traffic ? how many people would scream police negligence if she had run out into traffic drunk and been knocked down ??????

as i said - dammed if they do , dammed if they dont .

please peruse the archives of overlawyered.com to see just how common lawsuites agaist the police are when they do not intervene .

really ? ..... how old were the founding fathers and thier compatriots when they stood up ?

" aww screw it ... i am too old .... it is some elses problem .... let them deal with it ..."

hey thats a great attitue to take

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
I don't think 'evacuate' is synonomous with 'interogate' - and that's what this appears to be. They lined students up against the wall and asked them questions.

That sounds more like a drug sweep than any kind of evacuation.

Lining up against the walls sounds strange ... but even if they are "evacuated" to a point of safety outside the school they are not reunited with mom and dad immediately. They will, typically, be patted down and given a basic search ... they will need to have their name and info documented and maybe give a short statement on what they witnessed.

This isn't the movies ... the same would happen to you if you were inside a bank or store during a takeover robbery. As they "evacuated" people they would check them for weapons and get names and info. It is not unheard of for the "bad guy" to try to pass himself off as one of the victims .. pretty easy to do with a change of clothes and a bunch of chaos ... therefore the police need to id everyone at the scene and make sure the whole story is adding up.

If you read the article the school principal admits he decided not to notify the parents or students and barely notified the teachers one hour before. The Sheriff thought that parents/students/staff were aware this would be happenng. Leave the blame on the school where it belongs.

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by XPhiles

Officers wore protective gear, including vests and helmets, and carried rifles that were unloaded and marked with colored tape to indicate they were not live weapons, the newspaper said.

I'm not so much surprised of this situation (to numb the masses), but here is the problem, cops dressed like soldiers "helmets." If one adds the camo and black boots then it adds more attitude toward us. Over the years they have slowly gone from hats to helmets, camo ect... numbing the masses

Cops dressed like an urban army, storming a school should wake some sheep I would hope?
I wonder if they had any those heavy swat armoured vehicles encircle the school?

What's wrong with police responding to events with adequate protection? We're not talking about them showing up to a bar fight with the SWAT armored vehicle. They were staging a training situation involving a school evacuation (I'm assuming for some hostage/barricade or active shooter scenario) ... they wouldn't show up in a hawaiin shirt and shorts. In a real life event everyone is going to be freaked out anyways and I don't think seeing officers in full armor gear and with AR15's are going to scare people beyond that.

If you've ever watched the BofA Robbery in LA it's pretty easy to see how the typical beat cop (or 30+ of them) can become overwhelmed and pinned down by just a few suspects with automatic weapons and armor vests/helmets. I have no problem with the police responding, and training to respond, to these situations with the adequate protection to save their lives and members of the public.

I'm just not sure what you think the appropriate response to a situation like this would be.

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shar

WRONG, WRONG, WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!! I have nothing to hide... I'm not a liberal parent you are judgemantal of the parents. Who are you that you want the government to treat your child this way?

The government did nothing wrong. It's a simple drill that shouldn't affect any "normal" kid. You are overreacting.

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 04:54 AM
link   
I totally disagree the government did alot of wrong here. I'm sure I'm not the only parent who thinks this. This is wrong on so many fronts. For the most part their trying to get everyone use to military guns by officers. For a military rule.
Before 9-11 DC was a normal place. Today it looks like a war there. Everyone of the officers look like a military guy with huge guns. This is the way they want it everywhere. Its starting with the high school kids who will be out in the next 3- 4 years. You can believe the government is innocent all you want. You can believe theres never going to be a military rule. You can believe its ok to do our kids this way. I will believe it was wrong. I will believe theres more going on than want you know.

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 05:27 AM
link   
This is an obvious abuse of power. Get used to it, as things are only going to get worse. Bring on the Dictatorship.

img151.imageshack.us...

[edit on 30-10-2006 by kindred]

[edit on 30-10-2006 by kindred]

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Sorry,

I am one of the ones that thinks it was good for several reasons:

a. Training for the police, they can never have too much training. I think lack of training is what leads to most of the 'bad incidents'.

b. No physical injuries, some may say psychological for the children, but I as a parent would want something like this to stay in my childs head.

c. Any children doing or planning on doing anything illegal in that school or others in an 'air-shot' of this event, may think twice.

d. Although this was directed as being an evacuation of sorts, I still think it would have a 'preventive measure' sense to it. With the death or injury related events that have taken place in schools over the last 10-15 years, knowing the police can pop in with no advance warning could act as a deterrent for many things.

Although the consensus on this thread is against these actions, I believe if this exercise were to prevent one child from bringing a gun to school, or one child from bringing drugs to school, or any number of bullying episodes not to occur, then it was a good exercise.

Not to mention, if a would-be demented person or organization had malicious intentions towards a school in the future, they may re-think all their options.

IMO, this would only promote more safety in the school.

Let the flaming begin

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 08:12 AM
link   
on one hand, everyone complains about the rising number of violent incidents in the school systems and that nothing is being done to stop it. on the other, they complain when action is taken to curb that violence. make a decision folks. either you dont care about the drugs, guns and violence in schools or you do. there is a reason for incidents like columbine, but nobody wants to take responsibility and do something about it, because it would be too harsh for our poor children to have to deal with. no, we'd rather they grow up thinking that they dont have to take responsibility for there actions. you think there might actually be a correlation between the end of paddlings and other real punishments and the beginning of gangbangers in the school systems? no....couldnt possibly be a connection there, could it? no connection between shows like "friday night lights" in which sex, drugs, and violence are the norm and an exponential rise in teen pregnancy and violence. it's pretty damned obvious this generation isnt learning that there are consequences for their actions from there parents, so it's up to the school system... which gave up a long time ago. and yet we bitch and moan when somebody tries to do something. i'm drowning in the hypocrisy.

rant over.

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Well peopel things are a changin in the gould old USA, do you finally believe that all theses aevents are connected as I have said before. What else has to happen before you reslise your fredom and lioberty are being taken from you and your are being soffened up for the big one.

All the school shootings, bombings are all stepping stones to the higher goal of removing your guns, freedom, liberty etc. Before the year is out your country will be reeling from yet another outrage. When are you going to stand up to this, when Deltaboys friendly soldiers shoot you in your own streets. All the mechanisms to turn your country into a dictatorship are now in place.

This latest tactic is the latest in a line of similar events to warn and aclimatise the people what to expect in the future. There can be no other explanation for such laws to be passed in a democratic country. You Americans are too soft for your own good, for all the gung ho attitudes here on ATS the reality is quite the opposite. I do not say this to insult any of you but to show you just what you are allowing to be done, where are the demonstrations why is nobody screaming from the rooftops over whats going on.

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grailkeeper

I am one of the ones that thinks it was good for several reasons:

a. Training for the police, they can never have too much training. I think lack of training is what leads to most of the 'bad incidents'.

Training for the police?!?!? Have you EVER had training for an emergency incident? You want the F.D. to come and torch a school building so we can do search and reascue training?

The police do NOT need ot involve citizens, especially that are not old enough to give consent when they are training. Why do some people not think these things through. The training they did does NOT sharpen their skills, it does nothing but create a rift between thme and the public. The police are creating their own bad image, and they want to drag US the F.D. with them. (that is another story and when that happens my badge goes to the smelter) There are grumblings about getting the FD more involved in correction type actions.

You train with role players. Either you hire them or you work with other departments. This is the ONLY way to train. You want to me to train carrying a patient down a fire ladder with YOUR children. Vehicle extrication, that would be safe. but tramatic. We trin with fellow firefighters, when I can carry large man down a ladder I know I can carry your child down a ladder. Training should never invovle the public, police training is violent actions that is very tramamic for people. No matter if they are warned in advance or not. You tell me what from the police training perspective is the difference if they use other cops or paid adults to roleplay lining children up against the wall? Unless you have had emergency training I suggest you keep your mouth shut, because the mind is fooled whether it is the real deal or mock training with fellow profesionals.

on one hand, everyone complains about the rising number of violent incidents in the school systems and that nothing is being done to stop it. on the other, they complain when action is taken to curb that violence. make a decision folks. either you dont care about the drugs, guns and violence in schools or you do.

Sorry but this is a social issue not a police offencive tactical issue. This violence will only get worst if we do not go to the root of the problem. It will become just another "War on" issue. War on drugs, War on poverty, War on terror. What do you want to call this one? Oh I know! It will be so cute! "War on children"

This issue has to be delt with at the root, not at the fruit. That was a pretty decent line!
No more of this crap of going after the cat after its out of the bag, lets figure out why the cat was in the bag in the firt place, and fix that. We didnt have these issues before we had been indoctrinated to violence through cable television, violent video games and adults forgetting that they are dealing with people in the business world and not just money.

"There are thousands hacking at the branches of evil to one striking at the root"
~Henry David Thoreau

To the person that misquoted me and sai I though I was too old to do something about it, I was talking about 20-30 years from now. I am still in my prime right now and ready, so plaese dont be so unable to read between the lines, I know television does all the thinking for a lot of you, but please that was pretty straight forward and didnt take much of a leap to understand what I was saying.

Edit: I am a very bad typist, especially when angry, lot of typos in this one.

[edit on 30-10-2006 by LoneGunMan]

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by magicmushroom
Well peopel things are a changin in the gould old USA, do you finally believe that all theses aevents are connected as I have said before. What else has to happen before you reslise your fredom and lioberty are being taken from you and your are being soffened up for the big one.

just out of curiousity majicmushroom, what country are you from? what makes you such an expert on american law? seems to me that the majority of posters claiming that "they are taking your rights away" seem to be from countries that dont have half of the rights we do....such as the right to own firearms.

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan

This issue has to be delt with at the root, not at the fruit. That was a pretty decent line!
No more of this crap of going after the cat after its out of the bag, lets figure out why the cat was in the bag in the firt place, and fix that. We didnt have these issues before we had been indoctrinated to violence through cable television, violent video games and adults forgetting that they are dealing with people in the business world and not just money.

guess you didnt read my whole post, since you just paraphrased most of it.

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by snafu7700

just out of curiousity majicmushroom, what country are you from? what makes you such an expert on american law? seems to me that the majority of posters claiming that "they are taking your rights away" seem to be from countries that dont have half of the rights we do....such as the right to own firearms.

Why do so many people think its ok for our rights to slip because there are other countries with less rights? Maybe he loved what America represents and it gives him hope, and doesnt want to see it fade AT ALL, unlike so many "patriots".

If you dont like freedom why dont you go move to China, and leave the home of the free, to the BRAVE.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join