It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Roswell Crash Site to be Excavated

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2002 @ 01:09 PM
link   
The Science Fiction channel is spearheading an effort to excavate the area where the alleged crash took place this November.

Groundbreaking Scientific Investigation To Be Chronicled In SCI FI Documentary "THE ROSWELL CRASH: STARTLING NEW EVIDENCE" Hosted By Bryant Gumbel on November 22
As part of SCI FI Channel's recently announced advocacy initiative to help bring scientific, congressional and media attention to the UFO phenomenon, the Channel turns to the tools of modern science to help unravel the decades-old mystery of the "Roswell Incident."

Full Story: www.100megsfree4.com...

[Edited on 11-5-2002 by William One Sac]

posted on Nov, 10 2002 @ 06:25 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 10 2002 @ 06:54 AM
link   
HaHaHaHa
Looks like William One Sac posted 4 days before you Panther.

posted on Nov, 11 2002 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I think there are chats scheduled on SCIFI.com starting the 13th to the 22nd.
This is supposed to be a two hour show, so it should be pretty good.

posted on Nov, 16 2002 @ 12:59 PM
link   
The sci-fi channel is saying that their excavations uncovered a "smoking gun" which will shed light on governmental truthfulness on the matter.

reuters.com...

[Edited on 11-16-2002 by William One Sac]

posted on Nov, 16 2002 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Keyword here is 'smoking gun' - I am pretty excited about this yet still have my doubts.

posted on Nov, 16 2002 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Drumroll

rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....................................

posted on Nov, 16 2002 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Yeah, its like those fox opening the pyramid specials. I swear, if they make me sit there for two hours to say at the end that the smoking gun is some scrape marks in the rocks or something I will be pretty pissed. But wouldnt it be wonderful if they found something unexplainable?!?

posted on Nov, 16 2002 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Yeah, it would be amazing if they actually did find something unexplainable. I have my doubts as to the validity of the "smoking gun" statement though. I have a feeling this will be one of those shows that leaves you with a bunch of questions and no real answers, we'll just have to wait and see though...

posted on Nov, 17 2002 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Well - is Geraldo involved w/ this? lol

But am I not the only one wanting a little nuggest of disclosure on this stuff? I'd love nothing more than a real 'smoking gun'

posted on Nov, 17 2002 @ 12:45 PM
link   
The problem is -- what if they find NOTHING?

Is anyone going to believe them? Some folks are just so sure there's a conspiracy and coverup (and there may be -- of a top US weapons development project, not of aliens) that they won't accept "sorry, folks, there's nothing there."

posted on Nov, 21 2002 @ 11:31 AM
link   
From the Filers Files...

NEW EVIDENCE FOR ROSWELL ALIEN CRASH

Last May, when I spoke at the Roswell Museum, I met Lt. Walter Haut the former Public Information Officer at the base who told me that the army had gained possession of a flying disk in July 1947, with the cooperation of a local rancher. The true story of Roswell crash, was given to him personally by Colonel William Blanchard, and nothing during the last fifty years as changed his mind. He felt the disk was not likely from this Earth. The Base Intelligence Officer, Major Marcel visited the Foster Ranch and found a square mile of debris field and stated there was vastly more debris than he could carry in his car. Bill Brazel, Jr., others confirmed the large debris field. Dennis Balhaser and Bruce Rhodes took us to the ranch. After I walked the debris field it was clear that debris could still be found in the numerous holes, valleys and among the scattered rocks. Jim Wonders and I found some interesting objects at the sight ourselves and in these files I suggested on May 22, that the debris field should be examined carefully by trained personnel. The disk apparently exploded during a lightning storm over the debris field near Corona, NM from unknown causes. During my research with people who were at Corona, I determined an escape pod or disk continued northwest and crashed NORTH of Corona NOT towards Roswell.

I'm happy to report the SCI FI Channel is presenting a show on November 22, called "The Roswell Crash: Startling New Evidence, " Expert investigator Bob Durant was interviewed for the show and archeologists from the University of New Mexico were hired to comb the debris field using the latest technology. Bill Doleman principal investigator of the archeology team said, "We used scientific methods to include geophysical prospecting and archeological testing of anomalies, to find any evidence of a crash. We found some things I still don't know what they are -- but they surprised me." The rumors are that strange material was found that could be the proverbial smoking gun.

The Roswell Photographic Interpretation Team (RPIT) apparently also provided evidence for the show. J. Bond Johnson a Fort Worth Star Newspaper photographer took photos about 4:10 PM, on July 8, 1947, in the office of General Roger Ramey holding a secret message surrounded by the alleged debris from the crash. After fifty years, the message was deciphered by using modern computers and the hard work of Neil Morris, Dave Rudiak, Don Burleson, Tom Carey, and many others.

RPIT Project Director Bond Johnson writes, "After more than three years of eye straining research of comparing the computer enhanced and carefully dissected Ramey Office Photos (ROP) with the blueprints of RAWIN/MOGUL and to other weather devices circa 1947 -- RPIT) has concluded that there is NOTHING to be seen in the photos that can be matched to ANYTHING expected to be found in the crash of a RAWIN/MOGUL or any other known "weather device." RPIT has concluded that there is NO evidence that ANY known RAWIN/MOGUL launch could account for the strange and well documented reports connected with the Roswell crash of 1947.

Dave Rudiak is "absolutely certain" that the message was addressed to General Hoyt S. Vandenberg at the Pentagon who at the time was deputy chief of the Army Air Force. A review of his official calendar revealed he returned from Wichita Falls, Texas on July 5, 1947, less than a hundred miles from Ft. Worth hinting at an earlier date for the crash. Further, numerous key Army Air Force generals visited both Texas and New Mexico in this time period suggesting something very important had occurred.

On Tuesday, July 8, 1947, Col. Blanchard announces a flying saucer has been captured near Roswell. Late afternoon J. Bond Johnson takes General Ramey's photograph in Fort Worth with a copy of the message apparently just sent to Vandenberg in his hand. Vandenberg's Dairy reports he returned from Congressman Wolverton's office at 5:07 PM and went immediately to Mr. Symington's the SECRETARY OF THE ARMY AIR FORCE Office with reference to personnel for the President's Air Board. At 6:20 PM went to Mr. Leo's office and then home. It is not known what the President's Air Board means and may refer to UFOs.

The message is addressed To: Vandenburg

1)***********************************NEAR OPERATION AT THE
2) **RAN)CH AND THE VICTIMS OF THE WRECK YOU FORWARDED TO THE
3) ***T)EAM AT FORT WORTH, TEX.
4) *****S*S IN THE "DISK" THEY WILL SHIP FOR A1-8TH ARMYAF**
5) BY B29-ST OR C47. WRIGHT AF ASSIST FLIGHTS AT ROSWELL. ASSURE
6) THAT CIC-TEAM SAID THIS MISTAKEN MEANING OF STORY AND THINK
7) LATE TODAY NEXT SENT OUT PR OF WEATHER BALLOONS WOULD WORK
8) BETTER IF THEY ADD LAND DEMO RAWIN CREWS.

Signed Ramey

The message indicates there was a wrecked disk shaped craft with victims or corpses inside. We assume the generals knew we had no disk aircraft flying at this time indicating the disk was Russian or from another planet. This message also implies there were two crash sites. People at Corona, still remember the large military presence around the tiny town. The actual disk and bodies were at the second crash site and were being flown to A-1 (General Ramey) at 8th Army Headquarters at Fort Worth, Texas. The disk was going to Wright Field in Ohio and they should assist. I talked to the family of a pilot who had flown some of the wreckage and bodies to Wright Field. The message implies, a large recovery operation was going on at the ranch and that "victims of the wreck" were discovered after further reconnaissance in the area. The victims or corpses were being flown to Fort Worth and the disk was being shipped. A weather balloon is obviously too mundane and small to be guarded and flown by B-29 bomber or C-47 transport aircraft. A B-29 was loaded with the victims and debris and is flown to Ft. Worth and the bombardier, Felix Martucci, claims the plane was met by a mortician because he had gone to school with the man.

The Associated Press reported that Lieutenant General Hoyt S. Vandenberg hurried to AAF press section and took active charge of the news. He apparently put into effect measures to confuse the public on the nature of the disks by claiming they were weather balloons. The last lines of the message tell us that weather balloons with their RAWIN radar kite like reflectors would be used to explain the UFO reports. "CIC-team" refers to the counterintelligence team whose mission is to protect classified projects and classified information.

United Press Roswell story on July 9, stated that the Army and Navy were carrying on a "concentrated campaign" to "stop all the UFO rumors," - On Wednesday, July 9, General Vandenberg's Dairy reports he ordered General Doolittle who had investigated UFO reports in Sweden, to come in at 10:30 AM. He met with Mr. Symington and Doolittle at 10:30. At 10:50 he met with General Eisenhower Army Chief of Staff, and General Norstad the head of Psychological Operations. At 12:15 he met again with Mr. Symington. At 12:15 Vandenberg is told to be at the White House the next day. At 2:15 PM: Vandenberg returned from JCS (Joint Chief of Staffs) and met again with Symington. General Vandenberg's Dairy indicates he met with virtually all key personnel in Washington, DC and something very important was happening. The message stating that there were both victims of the wreck and the shipping of a disk speaks volumes. "I encourage you to watch this Friday evening. Producer Bill Parks says the Roswell documentary will air on the Sci-fi Channel on Friday, November 22 at 8 and 11 PM, eastern and pacific time. Rebroadcasts on: 11/25 at 5 PM, 11/27 at noon &11:30 PM,12/2 at 2 PM, 12/7 at 9 AM, and12/15 at 9 AM.

posted on Nov, 21 2002 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Another interesting thought (and would fit the memo) was that the government had gotten its mitts on the German disc-aircraft technology and was trying to make it work. ( www.laesieworks.com...)

In fact, that'd fit the whole scenario.

Ah well... I've got plans for tomorrow night and won't be watching. Someone post a summary, eh?

posted on Nov, 21 2002 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Byrd, they will have reruns next week...

www.scifi.com.../22/2002

Air dates:
Friday, 11/22 - 8:00 p.m. and 11:00 p.m.
Monday, 11/25 - 5:00 p.m.
Wednesday, 11/27 - 12:00 p.m. & 11:30 p.m.
Monday, 12/2 - 2:00 p.m.
Saturday, 12/7 - 9:00 a.m.
Sunday, 12/15 - 9:00 a.m.

So don't came back to this topic till you see it... That'll make it extra exciting for you...

[Edited on 21-11-2002 by TheBandit795]

posted on Nov, 22 2002 @ 09:53 AM
link   
It's the big day - I hope I can stay up late enough to watch this. Who else is going to be watching this? - Lets all meet in the chat room while it's on?

posted on Nov, 22 2002 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I will definitely be watching, and while I tend to feel the "smoking gun" may really be nothing, it would be the best Friday night if they pulled Klatu the grey out, an alien hiding among the tumbleweeds for 55 years. As I have given this some thought, my feeling is that if they did find something that shows highly advanced technology or if they found, however unlikely, definite proof of e.t., they will show it at the beginning of the show.

If on the other hand they talk about how they got the idea, assembling the team etc... plus commercials for an hour and 45 minutes before pulling out the smoking gun, like those despised opening the tomb programs on Fox, then the smoking gun is most likely a smoking firecracker. So I will be watching from the beginning, with my expectation going down proportionately to how long the show is on without them showing the findings.

posted on Nov, 22 2002 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Roswell dig on Sci-Fi comes up empty

seattlepi.nwsource.com...

posted on Nov, 22 2002 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Well, I can't say that I'm surprised. I'm still going to watch the program, but quite frankly only because I have little better to do. I would be willing to bet that if a "smoking gun" is ever discovered, we won't learn about it on the sci-fi channel.

posted on Nov, 22 2002 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Yes, you know I was thinking, even if they came up with evidence that debunks the whole conspiracy theory, alot of people would just say "OH, the Sci-fi channel is a Langley front." But from the sounds of it the program does not try to do that, even though I am disappointed.

posted on Nov, 22 2002 @ 09:59 PM
link   
The only smoking gun I saw was my imaginary finger-gun popping off rounds at Bryant Gumble. And then at my own head, once I realized I spent 2 hours of my life watching that crap.

I should have thought about it; would such news be broken on the SCie-Fi channel by Bryant Gumble? Seriously, now.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join