It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Veil Wearing Teacher 'Should be Sacked'

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

Originally posted by jsobecky
She should remove the veil simply because it is, or could be, unfair to the students

She should remove it because its assinine.

That is true, however, I was looking for arguments that would hold up in court.

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 08:34 PM
link   
You could still hear me if i wore a fishnet stocking over my head.

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Now that I'd like to see.

A body stocking would be nicer tho..

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 10:57 PM
link   

I bet.

Anyway, a veil does not make it more difficult to hear what is being said. They're porous. remember?

So's the body stocking.

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Au contraire, dg. Many people learn by reading lips at some level. If I turn my back to you and speak, chances are good that you'll have much more difficulty understanding me.

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Remember, dg, this was a language class (English) wherein many of the students were non-native-English speakers. I think it's important to clearly see the lips and enunciation of the teacher when learning another language... I know I would want to be able to see the mouth of someone who was teaching me another language. I wouldn't want to guess about the tongue placement on a word such as "Empanada". There's no way I could 'get' that right without seeing the mouth.

And she's teaching a class full of children. Why make it harder than it already is for them? She's free to wear her veil, just not while she's teaching a language.

[edit on 21-10-2006 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I suggest all the teachers in the UK start wearing balaclavas to work in protest.
This woman was obviously just an attention seeker wanting to test the laws.
Unfortunately, its cases like this that make it harder for genuine cases of discrimination that come up.

A muslim applying for a job at a christian school is the first mockery.
Then after getting the job, wearing this THING on her head is the second.
Sueing and winning money for hurt feelings is the third.

The whole thing was a sick joke. Would you want a teacher like this educating your
kids? I know I sure wouldnt.
If she cant follow the rules as a teacher, how in the hell could she teach children
to follow rules?

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 09:34 AM
link   
She may as well be in another room so no one sees her and she speaks via a wire connection from a microphone through the classroom wall, or even better have a one way mirror in the class room so you will never see her if its that important, same difference.

Maybe body language helps, then I guess a smile or a few expressions all help contribute the meaning of words too. Its actually harmful not to recieve sunlight although the vail may help against smog. You send an English teacher to her country and see that she must be covered, if she fights for rights then she should also understand that maybe the ones who visit muslim countries have rights not to wear them, but no one speaks of not to being covered up for the sake of diversity in a Muslim country.

Don't wear a cross either you may offend a vampire Satanist too.

Sorry I can sound serious but not right now.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join