It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

a modest request for emotional support

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 10:58 PM
link   
hi guys...

i usually don't take this serious a tone on the boards but today has been a really hard day for me. my father, who is only 45, is presently in critical condition at the Carolina Medical Center after a series of misfortunes following his hip operation.

Dad might not make it through the night, despite the best efforts of the doctors on his staff, and my family and I are having a pretty hard time coping with this. He has been unwell for some time now, but we were hoping that this operation would be his chance at getting back on his feet... however, the infection in his hip was worse than planned, and his body is having great difficulty dealing with the high amount of toxins in his bloodstream. He is undergoing dialysys to reduce the potassium and lactic acid concentrations in his blood; this is pretty much his last hope.

The doctors say that if he can make it through the next 24 hours that his chances take an exponential upward turn, but they are very hesitant to express hope that this will happen.

I just wanted to ask for some positive vibes from you guys. i hope you don't mind... i just really need it right now.

thanks a lot. i hope this finds you feeling better than i am.

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I do hope everything turns out well for your father & your family.
I'll say some prayers for you.

[edit on 10/8/2006 by jensouth31]

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I am so sorry to hear this friend...you and your family will be in my prayers.

Strength, Love and Faith

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 11:38 PM
link   
thanks so much, guys. it really means a lot to me that you took the time to reply.

there is nothing in this world more beautiful than genuine compassion for a stranger. thank you, again, for your kind words.

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 11:56 PM
link   
My thoughts are with you Parallelogram.
I hope things go well for your father, and at times like these you need to keep your family close for support. Draw strength from each other, and know you have friends that care.

Good luck and God bless.
anx.......

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Gosh... I'm sorry to hear that things are so serious.

Sending out many positive vibes to you from NYC.

I hope to hear good news from you soon.

Blessings,

Djarums.

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 12:26 AM
link   
You've got it. I'll be thinking of you. Stay positive, stay strong, all the best to you and yours.

[edit on 9/10/06 by Implosion]

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 12:42 AM
link   
heres some support...
quit being such a downer about it, chances are he's going to make it. If you really think hes going to die, my best advice is to deny that thought going into your brain and think positively about it. The worst thing you can do is continue thinking negative.

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 03:37 AM
link   
circa, you're right about that... but that sort of thing is hard to keep in mind right now. i'm trying to look at the positive as much as possible, but i'm a fairly sad (i'd hate to say negative) person by nature and at times like this it's easy to see a lot more negative contingencies than positive.

they're doing what they can for now... apparently the dialysis has been succesful insofar as was expected, but it'll still be touch and go for the next 24 hours. so far his pulse has stopped once, but they defibbed him and he came right back... his heart rate has improved significantly since then, but we're still far from through this.

thanks again, everyone. and i mean that most sincerely.

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Hey mate, all the best coming from here in Australia. Our paths haven't crossed much, but I wish you and your family the best. If the WOS thread is any indication, positive vibes can certainly be powerful.

Willard

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 04:28 AM
link   
My best from Nevada, Parallelogram.
Good thoughts from me to you and your family. Especially your father.

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 04:37 AM
link   
The Parallelogram my thoughts are with you hang in there.
Cheers Luke.

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 04:40 AM
link   
All the best to you and yours, Parallelogram.
I sincerely hope your father pulls through this, and that he realizes a full and expedient recovery afterwards.
Prayers and positive thoughts abound.

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 05:04 AM
link   
My thoughts are with you and your family Parallelogram.

I'll be sending positive vibes to your father.

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 05:17 AM
link   
I really hope your dad pulls through mate.

I'm sure that everyone would send out their bestest most positive thoughts if they knew. I am sure all the above posters are and I definitely am.

Good vibes from Aust

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 05:27 AM
link   
I'll definately keep your father and family in my prayers

Stay strong man.

Sporty

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 08:23 AM
link   
sending good wishes and positive vibes to your dad Parallelogram.

also sending some to you, you need to stay strong and positive too.

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Parallelogram you said it so very eloquently:

there is nothing in this world more beautiful than genuine compassion for a stranger.

Keep your chin up, and know that there are alot of friends here on ATS who do indeed send their thoughts and prayers to you, your father, and your entire family. I am one of these friends that is sending alot of positive thoughts to you.
I may not ever meet you, but you are one of my ATS brethren. If you ever need to just vent, or need a shoulder to lean on, send a U2U.
Stay Cool, and I'll catch you around the board.
lombozo

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 11:39 AM
link   
We are with you, Dont feel alone at all right now,

Sending you warm light to help, l will light a candle,

You are showing great strength, lean on us as much as you need, feel free to u2u me if you need a shoulder,

Please keep us updated, We will all be thinkihng about you and yours,

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I hope everything goes well!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join