It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof of leprechaun-like beings.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Does anybody have proof of leprechaun-like beings like this picture?

www.coasttocoastam.com...

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 03:53 PM
link   
HAH wowwwww!!!!

why is this in UFO's and aliens tho
shouldnt it be in mythical creatures.

I love lepricorns haha I want one.

Cool pic heh, nice find

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 03:54 PM
link   
now where did I put those lucky charms?

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Yea, mods you might want to move this and merry it with an ongoing thread called "little man" over in crypto.

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Dear Realanswers:

You made my day! I’m laughing so hard I can barely type. Are you sure this photo is still within the ATS guidelines? I mean, perhaps I’m not seeing what I’m seeing. My eyes have been getting worse lately. But I think I see TWO leprechauns! One very big one appears to be “getting busy” with the dame on the lawn, while our little peeping-Tom elf is watching from the sideline! It’s a good thing this is an “adult” website. And the girl, well she’s smokin’ hot. I think I gotta go now — I need to be alone.

Greetings,
The Wizard In The Woods

[edit on 10/6/2006 by Wizard_In_The_Woods]

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Haha, great photo! It's probably just a garden sculpture, but damn!

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 10:14 PM
link   
That little guy's a jerk. He didn't even say hello.

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Truly a fake, at first I thought he meant the big guy was a leprechaun! Well if he is, then we are ALL leprechauns

About the small thing in the corner of the picture, it's waay to bad quality to make any decision about what it is. But I would go for a garden statue too. Because if it was a leprechaun, it would not have been standing there, but it would have ran away

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 01:45 PM
link   
The picture:
www.coasttocoastam.com...
is about 60 years old. I don't think they had the technology back then to fake a picture. So either it was a doll or it really was a little being from another dimension. I have read cases before about these little elves, but it is extremely rare to have picture proof. From what the witnesses have said before, these beings are just like all the other beings in that they ALL travel to and from other dimensions.
So therefore, if they are not human and if they are not from this planet or dimension, then they are considered to be alien. I'm tired of hearing people wine about a subject being in a so called wrong topic when those people don't even understand what these intelligent creatures are. When are people going to start accepting peoples testimonies so we can all start collecting the evidence instead of belittling it?

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 03:09 PM
link   
this is crytozoology lol

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I kinda see how the little dude on the right is but im more worryed about the girl. I mean what in gods name is on top of her? it looks like its tryin to kill her. lol

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Dear Realanswers:

I understand I made a "stupid comment" about your post. But seriously, I really did enjoy it. I realize that's not what you wanted to hear. But for whatever it's worth I truthfully encourage you to keep sharing with us any further images you might have. In a world full of sorrow it is not such a bad idea to make people smile and laugh.

You implied filmmaking technology was not advanced sixty years ago. Well then you haven seen the works of Leni Riefenstahl. Yes, she was Hitler's darling propaganda film maker. But aside from that, she was technically and stylistically quite possibly the best film director of all times.

Realanswers, please, please keep posting!

Greetings,
The Wizard In The Woods

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I've taken the liberty of photoshopping this pic to elaborate my points:

A) Some sort of strange smoke is emitting from the ground where the leprachaun is standing. As far as I can see, there is no tinder where the smoke originates from. There are no sticks, branches, or logs sitting where the smoke originates. What's even stranger, there isn't even a flame there that should be creating the smoke! Since this is a wooded area, there should also be a circle of bricks or rocks to prevent wildfire, but as far as i can see there is no such formation. Is this smoke being created by the "leprachaun?"

B) The smoke is behaving strangely in this picture. A normal stream of smoke will travel upwards because warm air rises at a rapid rate, causing moke signals which were used in the old days. The smoke in this picture is instead, gathering and concentrating itself into a large ball of smoke. Is this smoke perhaps magical?

C) The people in this picture seem to be fighting. These two people are male, you can tell by the short hair and pants. This picture originates from the 1940's and it was very rare for women to wear male pants. Ok, so if these two people are male then they probably aren't being intimate with each other on the ground. Instead, it looks like one male is in a dominant position over the other. The standing male has one hand over the other person's throat, and the other hand is on their abdomen. Looks to me like he is forcing the man to the ground. The other male has his hand swiping at the top man's face, while his legs are in a bent position as if he is trying to get up. Now if we link these two circumstances together, the smoke and the fighting, can we safely say that this strange behaving smoke is causing this aggressive behaviour in the two men? This following quote is from wikipedia:

... traditions, they are simply small, misshapen, mischievous sprites or goblins (with pointy caps). Some sources claim they spend the daytime as toads instead of in stone and they are also said to have magical powers that make people feel sad or happy.

If they have magical powers to make people sad or happy, is it far-fetched to assume that they can also make people angry or aggressive?

D) My final point, is that the "leprachaun" does not look like an ordinary plastic lawn gnome. He is facing the two people, the smoke is originating from him, and he's just standing there instead of adopting a hilarious pose that lawn gnomes are famous for. One last thing, look at his outfit. His hat looks like a tophat and is not conical like a lawn gnome's. His clothing is white and black instead of alternating, colorful patterns usually associated with lawn gnomes. If you were a carpenter that was making a decorative lawn gnome, would you give him a square hat, static pose, black and white clothing, and attach a smoke machine to his feet? That kind of lawn gnome would sell as fast as a dirt-flavored popsicle.

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 04:44 PM
link   
You have voted TheB1ueSoldier for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

Excellent analysis of both the photo, the gnome thing, the smoke, everything.
You also have the honor of being the very first person I have every voted for. Big Kudos to you.

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 05:21 PM
link   

I've taken the liberty of photoshopping this pic to elaborate my points

Nice try, and good to see you spend much time to help solving mysteries, but I totally disagree with a few things you just said...

1. Why are you so sure that there is smoke everywhere? That stuff is not smoke, it's bushes from the background. It could have been a sunny day when this photo was taken, therefore you see a big color difference between the top of the bushes and the bottom of it.

2. The 'smoke' around the 'leprachaun' is exactly the same thing. Also bushes. I really don't see how anyone could compare this with smoke, it was photographed in an area with lots of nature so it makes perfect sense.

3. Do the people seem to be fighting? I say you don't know anything about the situation it was taken on. They could have just been good friends of eachother that are teasing one another. Also I don't really see if the guy in black has his hand on her(?) neck. Maybe she fell and he's trying to pick her up? And if they were fighting, why would the person who took the picture not have intervened between the fighters? I mean it was the fourties. People were less likely to make footage of fights just for showing it to their friends.

4 Finally, the leprachaun. It might not have the looks of an ordinary lawn gnome.
But this gnome could have just been made by anyone. There are no official rules to how a lawn gnome should look like, so if an amateur had a crazy idea of his own kind of lawn gnome, he could have just made that and put it right there. Also you cant say that his outfit is just black and white, it could be dark green and yellow for all we know, the shadings could have made it look darker...

Basically, the whole problem of this photo is that we don't know anything about it. If we only knew the names of the people on the photo, or where it was taken, we could already get somewhere. We should try to find out if anyone who is there on the picture is still alive... but how will we do that?

So, once again, nice try Bluesoldier but to me it just doesn't make any sense.

[edit on 10/7/2006 by NoSuchAgency]

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoSuchAgency
Nice try, and good to see you spend much time to help solving mysteries, but I totally disagree with a few things you just said...
Quite alright, everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

1. Why are you so sure that there is smoke everywhere? That stuff is not smoke, it's bushes from the background. It could have been a sunny day when this photo was taken, therefore you see a big color difference between the top of the bushes and the bottom of it.
I'm sorry but when I saw a smoke-like substance in the photograph, I naturally assumed that it would be... smoke. The "stuff" looks nothing like bushes from the background. Plus, if you look to the left of the leprachaun, you will see a steady stream of smoke emitting from its feet. If you think that this stream of smoke is merely light reflecting off a bush, look again. How can this stream of smoke be light when it is in the foreground of the shadows behind it? If it were light then this "stuff" would reflect off the bushes and eliminate the shadow, but this is simply not the case. The shadow is in tact and the light does not have the natural properties of light, which should have eliminated that shadow, thus it is not light but smoke.

Also I don't really see if the guy in black has his hand on her(?) neck. Maybe she fell and he's trying to pick her up?
If someone were trying to pick you up, would you be reaching your hand to their face? It seriously doesn't look like the guy is trying to pick the other guy up. If he were, he would be reaching for his hands, not his neck and abdomen. Even if they were not fighting, could you explain why the smoke is gathered right above them?

There are no official rules to how a lawn gnome should look like, so if an amateur had a crazy idea of his own kind of lawn gnome, he could have just made that and put it right there
Fer sho. You're right on that part, NoSuchAgency, any amateur could have wanted to make a lawn gnome that didn't look like any other lawn gnome. Perhaps he wanted to deviate from the crowd. Perhaps he was the Andy Warhol of lawn gnome sculptors. But, when you look at something from an analytical perspective, it is not wise to rely on circumstancial evidence. Your argument is highly circumstancial and does not deserve to be used for this hilarious photograph. This photo could be actual, concrete evidence of existence of the supernatural, and you dismiss it because you're relying on some lawn gnome sculptor from the 1940's that may have never even existed?

So, once again, nice try Bluesoldier but to me it just doesn't make any sense.
That's quite alright NoSuchAgency, I'm just here to present my viewpoint and I dont expect everyone here to agree with me 100%. Oh, and thanks FalseParadigm for the nomination of WayAboveTopSecret! ^_^

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Realanswers- I see the web trolls are making fun of you, huh? Well there is reference to something similar to "little people" in documented events. I can't find the exact book I have this in right now as I have a couple 1000 books and some are in the garage.

It is certainly no "proof" but there have been short stature peoples seen throughout historical time. The best I can recall is I think about 200 years ago when a couple of children with blue skin speaking an incomprehensible language emerged from a cave somewhere in Europe. The boy died pretty some as he wouldn't eat but the girl did, gained a normal human complexion and lived on.

Sorry I don't have more exact info but I may find the books that refer to this later

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Ok, you got me on a few points there...

If someone were trying to pick you up, would you be reaching your hand to their face? It seriously doesn't look like the guy is trying to pick the other guy up. If he were, he would be reaching for his hands, not his neck and abdomen.

Ok, you may be right there, come to think of it I never have picked anyone up from the ground and grapped his/her neck

This photo could be actual, concrete evidence of existence of the supernatural, and you dismiss it because you're relying on some lawn gnome sculptor from the 1940's that may have never even existed?

Yeah, the alternative gnome thing might have been a little far-fetched. But it could still have been nothing more then a classic doll, what i'm trying to say is, you know so little about this picture, you also can't just assume it's a strange little man from another dimension, that's even more far-fetched than an alternative gnome!

Finally, I still believe your smoke are my bushies, but we'll just leave that one in the middle for now

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by realanswers
I don't think they had the technology back then to fake a picture.

Picure / Photo faking has been a loooooong time nearly as long as photography itself in fact. Just do a google for some of the many known fake photos taken during the big spiritualism fad of the 1910-20's. People can be quite resourceful at times.

Wayne...

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Well, its good to see that we had a good debate going on in this thread. To me, it still looks like there is a copious amount of smoke in this photo. But despite all the evidence and analysis, I'm still very skeptical on the actual existence of leprachauns or sprites.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join