It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bobblehead Muhammed

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 08:12 AM
link   
michellemalkin.com...

Click on the link for a picture of the Muhammed bobblehead.

Oh my goodness. When this hits the press then the 'you know what' will definately hit the fan. If the reaction around the planet was violent over a couple of politican cartoons, and the writers of those got death threats, then the fella who came up with this is a walking dead man.

Seriously.

It is insulting. But does he have a right to insult? Yes. Everyone has a right to insult if they wish. Is it smart? No. The inventor is unapologetic.

[edit on 10/5/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 08:21 AM
link   

From the original blog
A ceramic bobblehead doll of the Prophet Muhammed - created to resemble the infamous caricature published by a Danish newspaper - is being hawked online for $22.99 a pop by an ex-Marine.

Reminds me of a Saddam punch doll.

Everything for a buck these days. Who cares who do you insult.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I foresee a fatwah on the poor MARINE LOL.

If this goes mainstream there will be more Muslims protesting on the streets.
It's alright to burn UK/US/Israel flags though ...oh and the odd effigy.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I wouldn't advise putting that on your dashboard if you live in an area with a significant Muslim population!

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 09:52 AM
link   
This is just stupid and a mockery of free-speach.

Free speach was to allow the average person to speak up against the government. It was not introduced to insult your fellow man.

It's these types of morons that take things too far. So muslims rioted and why not leave it at that. Why do certain people need to make a scene about it. Muslims take it as an insult so why continue to insult them?

Thats what i don't understand. People should just >ignore< the muslim extreamists. Yes thats right just plain ingore them and don't insult them. They will look like bigger idiots then they already are and people will sooner or later get tired of them. But if you continue to do things which encourages them and gives them ammunition to be dangerous violent morons then you justify there exitence and they can use what you did to them as an excuse. Stop given them excuses becuase thats how they recruit people during bad times.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by iqonx

It may be stupid, but it's not a mockery of free speech. This IS free speech in action.

It was not introduced to insult your fellow man.

Free speech means free speech. Unless you say something against the law you can say what you want. Look at the 'artists' who make paintings of the Virgin Mary and then smear poop all over it. That's 'free speech' and stupid, but they have a right to do it.

Muslims take it as an insult so why continue to insult them?

The radicals take everything as an insult. Everything. But how many Catholics went on a killing rampage because some idiots smeared poop on a picture of the Virgin Mary? None. Being insulted is not an excuse for murder and rioting.

I agree it's better not to insult people. But sometimes the truth is told in jest ... and insults.

People should just >ignore< the muslim extreamists.

Um .. you can't ignore 9/11; Bali bombings; Spain train bombings; London train bombings; etc. etc. Massive numbers of dead people and serious destruction to infrastructure can't be simply ignored with the hope it will all just 'go away'.

Stop given them excuses becuase thats how they recruit people during bad times.

They were recruiting before the Danish cartoons. They were recruiting before this stuipd bobble head came out. They recruited when left alone and they will recruit nonstop no matter what. They don't need an excuse. The terrorists make up excuses when there are none.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by kuhl
If this goes mainstream there will be more Muslims protesting on the streets.

Its been in the regular news for a while now. I first saw this days ago in the local newspaper.

You've gotta love it!

The orignal site:

www.dashboardmohammed.com...

I beleive it is based on this one of the danish cartoons (the quote was not part of the original):

iqonx

Its funny. So deal with it.

Free speach was to allow the average person to speak up against the government. It was not introduced to insult your fellow man.

Irrelevant.

So muslims rioted and why not leave it at that. Why do certain people need to make a scene about it.

The person that made this isn't making a scene of anything. And, there are very good reasons for making a 'scene' out of violent morons rampaging in the streets.

Muslims take it as an insult so why continue to insult them?

Why not? I say, insult them until they stop going nuts. THis is the 21st century, their religion is silly, they're just going ot have to deal with it. All religions are silly, everyone else has to deal with it too.

People should just >ignore< the muslim extreamists

People should eradicate violent religious extremists, muslims or otherwise.

They will look like bigger idiots then they already are

They worship a guy who got his holy book from a floating ball of fire in a cave and make their women wear full body coverings, I don't think that they are concerned about looking like idiots.

Stop given them excuses becuase thats how they recruit people during bad times.

Let them recruit all the violent yahoos they want. When they do and when they try to attack, destroy them.

[edit on 5-10-2006 by Nygdan]

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Ya know .. they are kinda the right size for a stocking stuffer. I wonder if the guy selling them thought of that?
All those troops overseas ... getting little bobbleheads in their Christmas packages from home.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 10:18 AM
link   
One question. . . does anybody really knows how Mohamed looked like? I think that is just like Jesus . . . nobody really knows . . .

So I guess is more stereotyping than anything else and that may cause a problem.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Let's put it this way: I'll follow the radical muslim logic
Infidels (like myself) making mock pictures of Mohammed = Infidels go to hell
Being Infidel = Trip to hostel Hell

So why are the Muslims rioting over someone they concider allready damned getting themselves deeper into trouble with allah? How does it affect the life of the muslim believers? Why is this an issue?

Answer is simple: Creation of the common enemy and control of the masses, the same exact thing that US-fear mongering and FOX-News is doing... same thing Goebbels used, nothing new under the sun...

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Who cares what they think? The reason everyone thinks they should care is because they kill people for dumb reasons, like a drawing or a bobble head doll. I am so sick of people worring about what they will do if someone "insults" their god. They need to get over it. I think the solution is for every one to draw a picture and then they will have to kill us all, and isn't that what they want to do anyway? Its a very sad day in any religion when you kill someone for something stupid like this. I think its more of an insult when you realize that someone interpreted the Koran in a way thats its ok to kill and torture someone for drawing a picture or any other image of Muhammed. It makes the whole religion look so shallow. "Dont you be talken bout my mom." We all learned that in grade school right? The non-radical muslim need to step up and straighten out the radicals in their religion. They have such a great religion if they would just backhand the radicals. But figure the odds of that happening.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 10:24 AM
link   
ROFL!! I want 4 of those one for each corner of my car. What is the big deal about being offended now days? If it wasnt for offence I wouldnt have thought as hard about ertain matters and had a change of heart. It does a body good to be offended from time to time.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Growing Bears for the Love of Jesus

Originally posted by Nygdan
Its funny. So deal with it.

It is also Insultive to an Entire Religion. You deal with that.

Irrelevant.

Yeah?

How The Pope Really Died

Now I know that it is Insultive - but you said it is Irrelevant.

But you must admit it is funny - deal with it.

The person that made this isn't making a scene of anything. And, there are very good reasons for making a 'scene' out of violent morons rampaging in the streets.

So, if a religion is Prohibiting any kind of display of their Prophet, that means they are Morons? Now do not get me wrong, I do not like Any religion, that has to deal with mass manipulation of masses - but doing exactly something, which you know will spark a negative response is not just stupid, but also very ignorant.

Why not? I say, insult them until they stop going nuts. THis is the 21st century, their religion is silly, they're just going ot have to deal with it. All religions are silly, everyone else has to deal with it too.

Why would you want to insult them, when you already know, that their response will be violent and brutal? But maybe that is the point of doing that - maybe that is the point of releasing all sorts of crappy insulting images and dolls of their Prophet, so they will get angry and start violently protesting, so that the people of the World would point their finger and say: "Holy Shinto - this Muslims are really Bad!"

And a Smart idea it is - since we all know, that War on Terrorism has slowly growm to a full-scale War on Islam; and what better way to expose an entire religion, then to start making fun out of their Holy Book and their Prophet.

Mission Accomplished - more Angry Muslims, who start to hate the Civilized West.

They worship a guy who got his holy book from a floating ball of fire in a cave and make their women wear full body coverings, I don't think that they are concerned about looking like idiots.

Well and Christians worship 3 male holy figures; the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit; they are known to massacre and torture a couple of ten million Women during the Dark Ages, since they were all Witches; they are know to torture and massacre all non-belivers in what was once called an Inquisition; and they are known to perform a Genocide upon many Native population of newly discovered continents, such as Africa, America and Australia.

Talk about Idiotism.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 10:33 AM
link   
www.dashboardmohammed.com...

This is some of the hate mail the guy has received. WARNING - there is cussing and the f-bomb is dropped. But you may (or may not) find it interesting.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
All those troops overseas ... getting little bobbleheads in their Christmas packages from home.

That would look great on an Abrahms on patrol.

marg
So I guess is more stereotyping than anything else and that may cause a problem

I think its the giant bomb coming out of his head that is the real cause for offense. Some sects in Islam forbid the creation of images of living things, its a carry over from not making idols of gods. So there are no 'authentic' images of Mohammed. However, many other islamic sects do permit the creation of images.
And, of course, everyone likes a nice photo or television, which is an image of a living thing.

northwolf
So why are the Muslims rioting over someone they concider allready damned getting themselves deeper into trouble with allah?

In Islam, non-muslims are not damned to hell.

They are rioting over the cartoons and the pope's comments because they consider these things to be subvert attacks upon islam. Islam is the revealed religion of god, according to them. It is inherently good. Attacks upon islam are thus inherently evil, and in all likelyhood, especially beleived amoung the shia, are the work of the Devil himself. Therefore, a good person must struggle against them, because a good person must struggle against the devil and his insidious machinations. Its not as simple a matter of 'you insult me, you diiiieeeee' (though, on the other hand, it is).

Creation of the common enemy and control of the masses

Are you actually suggesting that muslims don't want to riot against these things, but that bush is forcing them to?

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 10:35 AM
link   
SOULJAH ... your pognography - growing beards for Jesus - was cute. I wasn't offended at all. I thought it was cute. And even if i had been offended i wouldn't threaten to slit your throat.

Edited to add - the picture of 'how the pope really died' was just stupid. I rolled my eyes and moved on. Like this -
WITHOUT a bomb or a knife or a gun ... just rolling eyes and moving on.

[edit on 10/5/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by iqonx

Maybe in England people have the right to NOT be offended or insulted. But that is not the case in the US. The problem with your line of thinking is that it assumes that I, or anyone, can predict the sensibilites of another; that I can somehow know beforehand what you will be insulted by. This is impossible because everyone has a different threshold of sensibilities. In any case; in the US it's freedom of expression; not just free speach.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Don't touch free speech, people fought and died for it so we can enjoy it now.
If you do some research, you might learn that even in the muslim world, people are now going through the same process to get where we are already (no, not the entire population is backward). It will take time, lots of it, but it's happening. Ironic that some leaders who were advocating this change got eliminated by secret services of the "civilized" world, putting those countries back a few decenia.
I live in a mostly muslim neighbourhood, so i prefer to use my free speech to be nice and polite to people, instead of offending them. If you show a bit of respect, people respect you too, regardless of religious beliefs or whatever background you have.

If you however choose to use free speech to spread hate and offend people, that's your choice. I wouldn't recommend it, considering the enormous worldwide polarisation that is taking place now, but hey, who am i?

mister jones

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 01:33 PM
link   
LOL
Those things are hilarious, and I'm so gonna buy one.

I really could care less if someone is offended by something or not,
really they need to just get overthemselves.

I'm offended by stuff, and I don't go psycho.

For instance I'm highly offended by Phelp's Baptist church, but I don't
go violently rioting, or threaten to kill them.

SoulJah, That "how the pope really died" picture is wrong, I mean
come on, we all know he did'nt have nearly enough blood to cause
THAT big of a stain.

[edit on 10/5/2006 by iori_komei]

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 01:45 PM
link   
im buysing a crap-load of these. Great gifts.

Also, I sent Mr. Filthy an email telling him how much I love the product. LMAO.

Thanks for the post, FlyersFan. This made my day.

CN

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join