It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radical Baptists from Kansas Say They will Picket Amish Funerals in PA

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I am all for free speech but I find this appalling

According to Fox News the family stated they have vowed they will not allow these protests to take place and I say good for them.

What would you do if this were your family that they planned to protest?????

cnsnews.com

A Kansas-based group that says "God hates fags" plans to picket the funerals of the Amish girls killed by a disturbed man in Lancaster County, Pa.

[........]

The Westboro group says the Amish school girls were "killed by a madman in punishment for Gov. Ed Rendell's blasphemous sins against Westboro Baptist Church.

"Gov. Ed Rendell -- speaking and acting in his official capacity to bind the State of Pennsylvania -- slandered and mocked and ridiculed and condemned Westboro Baptist Church on national Fox TV," the group says on its website.

"Rendell also revealed a conspiracy to employ the State's police powers to destroy WBC in order to silence WBC's Gospel message. Co-conspirators identified by Rendell included state officials, citizens, lawyers, legislators and media," the website says.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

What makes this even worse they are calling for more events like the shooting claiming the shootings were in retaliation for what the governor said.

Hog wash, they are just a bunch of nutcase wackos and I say throw the whole group in the slammer and throw away they key.

For those that are not aware the church is an independent Baptist church not affiliated with any known Baptist conventions or associations, so kindly do not confuse them with good baptists.

As a side note to TGtempe here is a real consipiracy for you according to the Wackos, that is

[edit on 10/4/2006 by shots]

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Hog wash, they are just a bunch of nutcase wackos and I say throw the whole group in the slammer and throw away they key.

I really think your being to kind to them.....They should have to suffer the same fate as those they are protesting.

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 11:01 AM
link   
This is appalling. THere should be a law that makes picketing a funeral, any funeral, illegal. These WBC folks need to be locked up, I agree with you. I can't imagine the utter grief of these poor families and then to have to put up with these idiots...well it's just not right. I'm speechless.

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Hmmmm...

Could it beeeeee.... Radicals!

Couldn't groups like this be associated with the inception of terrorism?

It all starts somewhere, doesnt it.

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Check this:

www.youtube.com...

These WBC folks are sick bastards.

This is one Fox reporter that has my respect (and thats hard for me to give to anyone linked to FoX)

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Let 'em protest, it's freedom of speech. Is this another right we want taken away from us because of what some sick d-bags think is a worthy cause?

Ignore them and don't feed the machine.

Peace

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I just saw this on the TV News. It makes me sick to my stomach. It is being reported that the people around Lancaster are going to do a sort of counter protest thing ... they are going to surround the grieving Amish folks so they can keep the evil SOBs out and so the Amish have their funeral.

I'm only about 45 minutes from there. I'm giving serious consideration to shifting my schedule around so that I can go out and help the good people in Lancaster keep those sick whacks away from the Amish funerals.

I'm going to make some phone calls and check into this. If I get any information on where to go to counter the freaks ... I'll post it.

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Wow, I'm at a loss of words over this. What a bunch of wackos! How can they even consider themselves "Christian" when they behave like that? And what the heck does any of this have to do with homosexuality? They protested at soldiers' funerals because the US tolerates homosexuality? What do the soldiers have to do with it? Obviously they have a very hate-filled "pastor" and are some very weak followers.

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I'm disgusted with any and all types of limitation or attempts to limit freedom of speech.

BUT, if a solid law was proposed (that can't in any way be used for anything else) where its forbidden to disturb funerals, especialy in this way, I would support it fully.

closet: Fred Phelps is the name you should look up as leader to this bunch of loons.

The woman in the Fox vid is his wife I think.

There's some good other video's on google video with protests from these nutballs.

[edit on 4/10/06 by thematrix]

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Aren't cemeteries private property? Keep these sick-os away from those mourning families. It is wrong to use this tragic event as a political statement.

I wish I lived near that cemetery. That is all I will say about that.

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Shadow: problem with that is that you'd need a very large cemetary to be able to keep their noise away from the service(they use megaphones and stuff ...). They can also disturb the entrance to this cemetary without actual entering it.

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by thematrix

These WBC folks are sick bastards.

This is one Fox reporter that has my respect (and thats hard for me to give to anyone linked to FoX)

And that raving lunatic had the guts to call the reporter a bimbo. Hate to say it, no I take that back I do not hate to say it, she is clearly a jerk and that is mild for what I am truly thinking.

Thanks for the Link Matrix, I hope others watch it as well to fully understand just how crazy this group really is.

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 11:23 AM
link   
*sigh*

I do not support their cause, I do not support their activities. However I do support the 1st Amendment. I hate to even think of the emotions added to the grieving of a people that have been victimized by this. I hate to think even more that they would be stopped.

I'm not going to support the curtailing of 1st Amendment rights over my emotions though, I'm going to look at it with little emotion. We will all be dead eventually, but the Constitution is what we're supposed to be leaving as our legacy.

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Oh they may have a right to assemble and protest, but like the kkk rallies, you incite high emotions and violence will ensue. I doubt I could sit idly by and watch that happen. Yeah, I know I would be the one in the wrong, but it is how I feel.

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by etshrtslr

I really think your being to kind to them.....They should have to suffer the same fate as those they are protesting.

Usually I don't call for violence, but some people are true disgusting pieces of trash, honestly. If I ever have the displeasure of meeting one of these self rightous bastards il beat them bloody! To protest little girls funerals who are AMISH, who don't have to TV, who have no idea who Westboro Baptist church is.. all because the governer made fun of you and you think god killed little girls to save the face of your church from public ridicul. 2 thing there, one if that is your god, spare me because that is no god I would ever follow even if the alternative is eternal damnation. 2nd, this church sounds more like the church of Satan if you ask me, what honest good thing have they done in the "name of god".

Someone should find the members of this group so we can send them nasty hate mail!

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Well, if a person can't control their emotions and violence insues then they have the right to be pepper-sprayed, tasered, and shot with rubber bullets. See, everyone has rights.

I'm a firm believer that everytime something like this happens, the sickos who are trying (and succeeding) to take our freedoms away will use it against us. They want you to get emotional. They want you to get violent. It just makes their job easier.

Peace

[edit on 4-10-2006 by Dr Love]

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I really wish that people would stop calling these morons Baptists. They are a family of shyster lawyers who make a mockery of both the law and religion.

Here are a couple of nice little write-up about the group.

en.wikipedia.org...

www.adl.org...

[edit on 2006/10/4 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
Let 'em protest, it's freedom of speech. Is this another right we want taken away from us because of what some sick d-bags think is a worthy cause?

Ignore them and don't feed the machine.

Peace

I agree. These losers are on Howard Stern all the time. WACKED out of their skulls.
Ignore them. The more attention they get, the more bizare crap they will do.
It sucks what they are doing, dont get me wrong, but just pretend they are not there (I understand how hard that is though)

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 11:55 AM
link   
You see, this is the problem with the 1st Amendment or freedom of speech
or the lack thereof respectively.

Like gun's, or the Quran, or the Bible, or the Torah, (the list goes on)
any freedom at ALL can be used for good by good people or used for evil by evil people.
So, you create the law and lose your freedom OR you maintain, and have to deal with the
evil side of evil people. What's the right answer? Who knows.

Picture 2 Scenarios:

Scenario 1 is exactly what's happening. A radical religious faction with unstable
leadership deems it necessary to "protest" an Amish funeral because a Governor
has wrong them in the public eye. Ok, now there's a law. No one anywhere at
ANYTIME can gather to protest funeral proceedings.

No more WBC whacko's until...

Scenario 2 is the good people of anytown, USA who have a war hero who was
killed in action under very dubious conditions. A vast majority of the
military including upper brass will be present, among which some of
the good people of anytown, USA believe may have been involved with the war
hero's demise. Certainly the good people of Anytown could never get to
question one-on-one some of the key elements and upper brass who may have
been involved, what is their recourse to get the word out and maybe make some
people take notice? Where the upper brass will be present along with some of
the general population perhaps? A peaceful gathering, but get the word out, let
some others KNOW that something was amiss here! But, oooops you cant, it's illegal.

Perhaps this is how shadow organizations are formed eh? When there IS no other
option but to take matter's into your own hands, unsanctioned, to "rid the evil
factions". But, then, this too gets figured out, outlawed, and the cycle goes on
and on. Until there are SO many laws, restraints, constrictions and shadow factions
that no one knows whats happening any longer, or whats right or wrong anymore, whats
appropriate or not anymore and, seemingly, you've lost a whole lot more than you've
gained.

This is all just my opinion of course

[edit on 4-10-2006 by alphabetaone]

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by thematrix

The woman in the Fox vid is his wife I think.

Actually, I believe it's his daughter. Most of this "church" consists of his family. Some of his family have spoken out against them and are now disowned. BTW, most of his family are lawyers.....and they bring video recorders with them.....I believe they want people to fight back just so they can sue....why else bring the recorders along? So, FlyersFan, if you do join the "block" be careful to be lawful while doing it....I don't know if I could...I'd have to punch old Fred in the face.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join