It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radical Baptists from Kansas Say They will Picket Amish Funerals in PA

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
If there is a place called hell, it was designed for subhuman evil scumbags such as these turds.

They are all gonna burn in hell, if they ever bothered reading past leviticus.

I totally agree...these people are not Christians and every Christian should do everything they can to speak out against them, just as many of us wish moderate Muslims speak out against their crazy radicals.

[edit on 10/4/2006 by djohnsto77]

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkyWay
While the funeral of those Amish children is being protested on Earth, their souls are being greeted into Heaven with open arms and rejoicing. The evils of this world can't touch them anymore.

Very true.

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Despicable. As for the law against funeral disturbance, couldn't they just charge the protesters with disturbing the peace, or is that just for after 11:00pm or whatever?

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Do they have a church in Georgia as well???

www.msnbc.msn.com...

These religious nutcases are creepy.

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Griff
BTW, most of his family are lawyers.....and they bring video recorders with them.....I believe they want people to fight back just so they can sue....why else bring the recorders along?

Yes, most of the money from this "church" actually comes from filing lawsuits against people who get into altercations with them. It's sick.

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 07:07 PM
link   
i know how to deal with these insane people. anytime they go to protest something, we show up with 100 dozen eggs and we unload on them. after a few of their protest being ambused they would get the idea. how much money could you really make from being egged?

[edit on 4-10-2006 by elitegamer23]

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Since we can't get rid of them, we might as well laugh at them a bit.

This guy almost seems to enjoy being hit on by another man, until his wife shows up.
www.youtube.com...

And here, Michael Moore visits them with his "Sodom Mobile"
www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by LazarusTheLong

They also picket at almost all tragedys, with signs that say "thanks to god, for punishing this evil country, and killing americans".

and victims of AIDS funerals, with a "thank you god, for killing gays"

Not only that, tey have "teams" of "protesters" all over the midwest, and northeast US ready to spread their hate at a moments notice. They have especially earned my disgust by their protest at funerals of servicemen and women killed in Iraq and Afghanistan, where they claim the soldires were killed as God's punishment for our involvement in the Middle East and for allowing gays in the military.

See one of those stories here.

Fred Phelps has been around for years practicing his brand of hate-filled invective and although he is an ordained minister, he surely does not have the love of God in him.

Edited to add link

[edit on 10/4/2006 by Stormrider]

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by niteboy82
*sigh*

I do not support their cause, I do not support their activities. However I do support the 1st Amendment. I hate to even think of the emotions added to the grieving of a people that have been victimized by this. I hate to think even more that they would be stopped.

I'm not going to support the curtailing of 1st Amendment rights over my emotions though, I'm going to look at it with little emotion. We will all be dead eventually, but the Constitution is what we're supposed to be leaving as our legacy.

Yes we have the right to be idiots, we have the right to voice our opinions, we have the right to peacefully assemble. However, their protest has nothing to do with the events that happened. They are attempting to latch onto a hot news item, create some controversy and get themselves some media coverage.

I am assuming the county or city this funeral will take place in will not issue a permit to them for their stated purposes. Without a permit they are unlawfully assembling and by interfering with a funeral, in most states, they would be considered to be creating a disturbance. They could be told to move on or be arrested ... I truly hope that this will be the case. If they do get a permit then they have the responsibility for paying for every police officer that is required to be there to keep them safe from their own deeds.

Protests and free spech are fine and good but your right to free speech doesn't supercede my right to privacy and to be undisturbed in my daily business. They are simply going for the shock effect ... unfortunately it works.

At least it looks like they've decided to cancel their picket. Their official story is because one of the rep's is going to be on the Mike Gallagher show ... maybe they were a tad scared to show up. The following is a link from their small-minded website .. it's pdf format.

Amish Funeral Picket Cancelled

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by haruka3_2000
Since we can't get rid of them, we might as well laugh at them a bit.

Thanks for the links enjoyed the laughs for sure. Is that the same Michael Moore that did f911?

I loved the way the Aussies did Fred in that was great.

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

This hate is the true cause of wars and violence. Everything else is an extension of that type of hate.

While I certainly do not agree with this particular mindset, there are those who would argue that religion in general is the cause of wars and violence, and,yes, even hate.

You made my point for me. You also caused my prediction to come true.

Bad people do bad things. They often pretend to be people of faith but they are not. For anyone to lump us all together with these bad people is bigotry defined. Direct your anger at the individuals who do the evil things and then you will be intellectually honest with yourself and others. You will then have the backing and support of real Christians and genuine practicing members of other faiths as well. We are taught to turn the other cheek as an example and to establish our true identities. We are not taught to be idiots and allow ourselves to be steamrolled by those who hate us for our beliefs. The word "meek" in the Bible is a mistranslation. The word it came from actually meant "Blessed is he who is so low he has no where to turn but to God". We are opposed to war and violence, but we are not opposed to defending ourselves or our countries from bad people. Our churches are full of fake Christians and we abide them but we do not condone their actions. Many Christians are not even in churches and there is no requirement that we attend the weekly fashion shows with the phonies who have hidden amongst us. It sounds as if you have been suckered into believing the Lie's. I'll pray for you, but will you allow me to post on this board without being harassed by these baseless accusations? All I'm asking for is fairness. Even the moderators turn a blind eye to the personal attacks on us. Why is that?

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by elitegamer23
i how much money could you really make from being egged?

I like the idea albeit a bad one. One egg directly in a persons eye might blind them resulting in one very large lawsuit.

What is needed is laws that prevent this type of protest so the authorities can disperse them legally with tear gas or water canons.

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I don't condone Phelps' message, but he and his followers reacted far more calmly than I would have if a reporter with a funny accent grabbed my butt or if Michael Moore got within striking distance of me.

In fact, I'd say that Phelps and Company came out looking far better than those who sought to mock them.

That really should be a lesson to all. Sometimes, it is better to let people speak for themselves than to go out of your way to make them look bad.

Now, I actually feel some pity for Phelps and his followers. They seem like people who are driven more by fear than hate.

However, nothing will ever make me condone their tactics, which are abhorrent to most Americans.

The two masters of ceremonies proved that when you hate Fox News, nothing they do can be right, which is what I suspected all along.

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I just saw Hannity and Colmes interview a leader of this group.

They were right in saying she was souless. I can't believe she said that those girls deserved to die.

Her whole argument was who controls the hearts of men.

God does but it seems she conviently forgot that the hearts of men are vunerable to evil and sin.

And her whole angry god thing is BS. Every bible says god is a peaceful god.

She should be killed by some wacko.

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots
Thanks for the links enjoyed the laughs for sure. Is that the same Michael Moore that did f911?

I loved the way the Aussies did Fred in that was great.

Yep, the same Michael Moore. It was done when he had a TV show (which I've never seen) I think.

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots
I am all for free speech but I find this appalling

What makes this even worse they are calling for more events like the shooting claiming the shootings were in retaliation for what the governor said.

Well they may have the right of free speech, but they DO NOT have the right to incite violence. That does happen to be illegal.

So if they say one word trying to spark violence while they are there, they should be locked up.

Perhaps if FlyersFan can make it to the funeral s/he should take a video recorder too, just in case.

[edit on 4-10-2006 by ShadowEyes]

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by thematrix
Check this:

www.youtube.com...

These WBC folks are sick bastards.

This is one Fox reporter that has my respect (and thats hard for me to give to anyone linked to FoX)

I haven't read through all of this thread, but this exchange was amazing!

I have never seen a reporter do that.

I almost have to go watch it again.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 03:12 AM
link   
I don't often post but Westboro BC and Fred Phelps are a subject that I know about as I lived in the Topeka area for over 30 years. What most of you don't realize is that Fred Phelps and the nine of his thirteen children that are in his group are lawyers, they have used this to their advantage for years, getting convictions overturned and charges dropped on technicalities. From the time that his children and grandchildren were old enough to hold them, he has had them in the forefront caring signs of hate and depicting "buggery" although the figures in the portrayal are stick figures, it was still sickening seeing small children carrying such messages of hate. He has stated that he is one of the few "rightous" men in the world, that alone is a sickening thought.
Just had to add my 2 cents.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rasputin13

Anyway, according to Michael Reagan who was a guest on the show for this story, he has confirmed that this group has just decided NOT to protest the funerals. He had one of the members of this disgusting group on his radio program where he went as far as to offer her money or one hour's time on his radio show to get her message out there, in exchange for not protesting at these funerals. This was in response to the woman's statement that they were doing this in an attempt to get their message out. He offered her alternative means of getting her message out just so she would agree not to protest at the funerals.

Hmmmmm....

TERRORISM

Modern terrorism has come to be defined in part by the influential power of the mass media that terrorists co-opt in their efforts to amplify and broadcast feelings of intense fear and anger. As a type of unconventional warfare, terrorism is designed to weaken or supplant existing political landscapes through capitulation, acquiescence, or radicalization as opposed to subversion or direct military action.

en.wikipedia.org...

Wait, there's more.....

Blackmail

In a broader sense, blackmail is an offer to refrain from any action which would be legal or normally allowed, and is thus distinguished from extortion.

en.wikipedia.org...

Now, knowing these people are inbred-lawyers, It would probably be hard to make either of the above stick, but if charges were brought against them in reference to the above, could a gag order be slapped against them until they had their day in court?

We all know that court cases take time, not too mention a fair amount of money if you want to guarantee a win.

On a side note, it could also give them even more exposure.

Urn

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 06:30 AM
link   
i say just laugh at these lunatics.. laugh at them so hard that they never want to show they'r faces in public again!

but, on the other hand...

i would gladly endure eternal pain and suffering in the deepest pits of hell (if such a place exists), just so i could have the privlage of being present to witness these WBC people BURN...

oh, i'm so confused...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join