It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ears ringing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 11:46 PM
link   
ok this is really bothering me now i have perfect hearing acording to the doc. but ever time it gets really quiet or i relax i get a ring in my ear what the heck is it

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 11:54 PM
link   
If its nothing to do with general health. Sounds like something to do with asteral projection. Read up on the thread below. Reason I'm bringing this up is because when your in a trance (deep relaxation) First sign your mind is about to asteral project is a deep noise in your ears, possibly herd like static, or wing rushing, or something in the similar. Anyway heres the thread. Hope you solves what's bothering you.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 11:59 PM
link   
im reading the thread now, just to better describe the sounds you know that i pitch screach your tv makes when you turn it on (older models ,its almost defining to sesitive ears) thats what it is in the same tone all the time. there are electrinings on at the time but when everthing is off it happens to

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 12:00 AM
link   
but if it is the first signs of astral projection ill focus on it and get in a deep meditation then fall asleep i just cant seem to stay awake even if im not tired

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I remember reading a thread about ringing in the ear. I've been accused of having superhearing on occasion. It might be more like someone doesn't like it when I can hear their phone conversation in another cubicle over 30 feet away behind partitions. I believe my hearing is normal though. I sometimes hear a ringing in my ears as well for no apparent reason. It doesn't usually last long. I can't remember the name of that thread. I believe someone suggested it might be tinnitus.

Anyway I did a search and found this interesting web site on Tinnitus. I did not realize allergic reactions could be one possible cause.

www.bixby.org...

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Sounds just like it, if your deeply relaxed. Next time this sound comes along be conscious of it and try to concentrated, you may even succefully project

Good luck, and post the results, im curious.

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 12:12 AM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

I used to get this while working in a noisy environment on a ship or after spending a few hours on the range. But there are other causes than noise.

If it's bothering you, or it's persistent you should see your local hearing doctor.

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 12:18 AM
link   
well its been ringing for a while so im going to try and meditate on it now ill get back to you with the results (if any) in the morning. and hell guys even if it is Tinnitus if it can help me project im not to worried about it , besides over the years iv learned to push it aside and think about something else

anxietydisorder i have a have been to the hearing doc he said im as heathy as a horse and he doesnt know the cause of the noise hens why im asking my fellow ATSers if they could think of any alternate reasons lol maby its just me going insain

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by neonine

... hens why im asking my fellow ATSers if they could think of any alternate reasons lol maby its just me going insain

The web site I linked lists MSG as a possible source. I knew that stuff was dangerous. Please put your seat in the reclined position and refrain from going insane.

On the other hand, ringing in the ears is one of the items some people look at to indicate that aliens have been experimenting on you. Don't worry. You're not insane. Everyone else is just crazy.

[edit on 28-9-2006 by orionthehunter]

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I have the same thing... a high, high pitch screech. It almost sounds like a running computer doesn't it?

Anyways, it's that Tinnitus thing. I know it's something coming from me because I hear it when there's an abscence of other noise, or when one of my ears becomes blocked with earwax. That's the worst... because you can hear nothing BUT the screech, and it's so loud when there's nothing else to balance it off...

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I too am afflicted with tinnitis. I can make it louder just by concentrating on it. Unfortunately, I cannot make it stop altogether. Too many years of loud music. (curse the walk-man invention) As a child I thought the sound meant something was going to happen soon and to be aware. Ehh, at least it kept me busy.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 01:44 PM
link   
sorry for the late responce iv been working to much the last week. im now starting to think maybe it could be tinnitis. my conditions have a lot of similaritys to most of you guys's experience with the disorder. on a brighter note it did help me get closer to haveing an obe
you guys who have the disorder might want to give it a try, its worth your while i promis you that.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I have been having the problem for about a year now. It is getting better lately. It seems to increase when I am reflecting on things metaphysical, like meditating or getting into something deep on-line. Mary Jane seems to increase this occurance.

When I asked about it on this site I was told it was Taos hum which is a low buzz, this is high pitched and seems to be internal hearing rather than external.

My instinctual belief is that it has to do with the body preparing for ascension or something to that effect. Like getting you used to higher frequencies.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I have tinnitus also, but mine sounds like cicadas. I hear it more when it's quiet around me.
In 2001 when I was in the hospital for a month and they had me pumped full of antibiotics, it was the only time I ever remember my ears being silent. But the doc says that the antibiotics have nothing to do with it

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I've had the same thing happen to me as long as i can remember. Im 19 now,but as far as i recall i've always heard a very high pitched.....tone, i guess whenever its absolutely quiet. From the responses above it seems this is fairly normal?

Any ideas as to why this happens? If i were to compare the sound to something,it would be the high pitched equivalent to the pure white light some ppl see when dying.Only an audible tone.

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 04:16 AM
link   
spanishcaravan thats a grat way to explain it. i want to think its more than just a disorder but i have no proof as of yet. if any one is interested u2u me and maybe we can start a research group on it seeing as its a big problem for a lot of people.

top topics

join