It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Warning To Trolls!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Could I be a subtroll. Kinda like a werewolf. Normal and polite most of the time but everynow and then when the moons right...BAM! Mr. Hyde appears. Are we forgiven if we're just having a bad day and released out tension unintentionally on ATS?

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 02:25 PM
link   
No worries. You'll be given plenty of leeway and "warning" prior to the dreaded BAN HAMMER. Probably. If there's a better moderated board on the internet, I haven't seen it.

The truly disruptive are weeded out pretty quickly if they fail to conform to the T&C. Basically, the true trolls are best dealt with by the mods. Don't feed the trolls.

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by BASSPLYR
Could I be a subtroll. Kinda like a werewolf. Normal and polite most of the time but everynow and then when the moons right...BAM! Mr. Hyde appears. Are we forgiven if we're just having a bad day and released out tension unintentionally on ATS?

Subtroll...nice one!!!

For the most part, in my experience, trolls attack individuals mainly because they are not canny enough to attack the message those individuals might be posting.

In that way, most trolls are found out and banned fairly quickly.

Anyways, to answer your question, if the moon is baleful with your supper churning in your aching guts and someone then puts that final straw on the proverbial camels' back, forcing Mr Hyde to appear in his frothing glory, spewing invectives and bile... well... we would remember that mild placid BASSPLYR we have all come to love and wonder what had happened suddenly.

I'd most likely just send you a U2U asking "Whazzup, dude?" and take it from there.

Everybody has bad days...even the best members.

So, yes, you can be forgiven...and even if you are among The Unforgiven (good movie, btw), you will still have the chances afforded through 'warns' and their attendant red flags.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join