It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Rosicrucians and Magick

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 10:54 AM
link   
The Rose Cross (the juxtapositioning of a cross and one or more roses) has, since the early seventeenth century, become one of the most popular occult symbols. From its origin in Germany, it spread throughout the Western world. It entered into Freemasonry where various ritual degrees derived their name and meaning from the Rosicrucian legend. At least eight occult orders currently functioning in the United States accept the name Rosicrucian and a version of the Rosicrucian legend as their history.

According to the Rosicrucian legend, the order began with one Christian Rosenkreuz, born in 1378 in Germany. Beginning in 1393, he visited Damascus, Egypt, and Morocco where he sat under the masters of the occult arts. Upon his return to Germany, he began in 1407 the Rosicrucian Order with three monks from the cloister in which he had been raised. He also erected the House of the Holy Spirit (the Spiritus Sanctum) which was completed in 1409. The original group was enlarged to eight. Christian Rosenkreuz died in 1484 (at the age of 106) and was entombed in the Spiritus Sanctum. Knowledge of his tomb was lost, but it was rediscovered in 1604. its opening led to the spread of the Order anew.

Is the original order still around out there today? i know there are many rip offs and orders which call themselves the Rosicrucians.
And also what is the truth behind their connections with the Occult?

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 11:26 AM
link   
as I recall the Manefestos were written either by German Lutheran pastor Johann Valentin Andrae or associates/followers of his.

Most believe, however, that either Andrae formed an order combining his interest in esotericism and the reformation of society, which the documents promoted, or, more likely, Andrae wanted the documents to catalyze others to initiate the Rosicrucian work."

In other places Andrae is quoted as saying he Wrote them as a "Joke, or probably a more accurrate translation would be a comedy in the fashion of Dante's work.

In any case there is likely some kind of historical basis for the beliefs. The Rose and Cross symbolism predates the writings by many years. If memory serves me the earliest form I have seen was an equalarmed cross which again predates the latin cross by many years.

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 05:56 PM
link   
As has been mentioned many times, Samael Aun Weor has stated that the authentic Rosicrucian Order is now strictly in the Internal Planes.

Not many of those who claim to have(or have had) a Conscious relationship to the Brothers of the Temple, really do have, or have had it.

Based on my research, I'd recommend the following authors as a means to conduct your own(if you can find most of these books):

Jorge Adoum

Dante Alighieri

Elias Ashmole

Francis Bacon

Roger Bacon

Cagliostro

Robert Fludd

Fulcanelli

St. Germain

Manly P. Hall

Franz Hartmann

Max Heindel

Godfrey Higgins

Goethe

Huiracocha(Arnold Krumm-Heller)

Hargrave Jennings

Heinrich Khunrath

Eliphas Levi

Mario Roso de Luna

Edward Bulwer-Lytton

Michael Maier

S.L. MacGregor Mathers

Paracelsus

Albert Pike

Rudolf Steiner

Samael Aun Weor

Thomas Vaughan(Eugenius Philalethes)

William Wynn Westcott

( www.kessingerpub.com...

www.prs.org...

www.gnosis.org.au...

www.gnosticteachings.org... )

Any authors other than these(unless I missed few reliable ones), in my opinion, would be a relative waste of time.

Or you could do as Samael Aun Weor suggests:

The Revolution of Beelzebub

...We read in Krumm Heller’s book how Commander Montero entered with his physical body into the authentic Rosicrucian Temple of Chapultepec (Mexico). This temple is in a Jinn State, so Commander Montero entered into this temple with his body in a Jinn state.

Dr. Rudolf Steiner, the great German doctor, said: “A physical body can enter into the internal worlds without losing its physical characteristics.”

Mario Roso de Luna made beautiful studies about the Jinn lands. Don Mario Roso de Luna died disappointed with the Theosophical society.

The Rosicross is one of seven Initiatic sanctuaries which are located in the astral plane. Yet, all of the Rosicrucian schools which are presently known in this physical world are false ever since such schools fell into the hands of Javhe.

The natives of America knew about the Jinn states in depth. Therefore, when the Spanish conquistadors arrived, they hid their most sacred temples within the astral plane. As a result, the Mayan mysteries were saved from the Spaniard’s profanation. The Sanctuary of Mayan Mysteries is one of the seven great occult sanctuaries which now remain within the astral plane.

When a physical body is active within the astral plane, it remains subjected to the laws of that plane without losing its physiological characteristics.

I know about a fellow who robbed two gold bars from the profound cave of the Pregoneros (State of Merida, Venezuela). When the man in question went out of this cave, he felt that these two gold bars were moving in his hands and simultaneously a storm was unleashed. He then saw that his two gold bars had transformed into two horrible snakes. This man then threw them out of his hands and flew away in terror.

What also can occur is that a disincarnated person can momentarily abandon the astral plane and penetrate into the physical plane. Such an individual becomes invisible for those persons from the astral plane; yet, he remains tangible for the people of this physical world. In such a case, the disincarnated person remains momentarily subjected to the laws which command the physical plane without his Astral Body losing its own characteristics.

These cases are counted in thousands within the apparition archives of psychic societies. These are the apparitions of deceased persons which the spiritists talk of. Nonetheless, they could never know how to explain them. Superficially, they say that these are materialization phenomena, and they fill them with millions of theories.

They ignore that the soul can enter into the distinct departments of the kingdom. What is necessary is to know how to do it, as the Magicians do.

Therefore, the Magician does not need spiritist mediums in order to perform these phenomena of practical magic.

When magic is explained as it really is, it seems to make no sense to fanatical people. They prefer to follow their world of illusions

Here's another noteworthy thread, that may help in order to tie much of this together:

Buddhism, FreeMasonry and Gnosis

Regards

[edit on 26-9-2006 by Tamahu]

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by stalkingwolf
The Rose and Cross symbolism predates the writings by many years. If memory serves me the earliest form I have seen was an equalarmed cross which again predates the latin cross by many years.

True indeed.

This was addressed in that Buddhism/Masonry/Gnosis thread and some other threads on these forums regarding Buddhism, Masonry and the Swastika.

In Buddhist Esoterism, the Lotus for example, is basically the same as the symbolism of the Rose.

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by stalkingwolf
as I recall the Manefestos were written either by German Lutheran pastor Johann Valentin Andrae or associates/followers of his.

Most believe, however, that either Andrae formed an order combining his interest in esotericism and the reformation of society, which the documents promoted, or, more likely, Andrae wanted the documents to catalyze others to initiate the Rosicrucian work."

Reading from the site you mention it seems that both Paracelsus and Cagiostro learnt the Mysteries from Arabian sources.
Can one surmise therefore that the knowledge is originally Arab?

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Belinquest

Reading from the site you mention it seems that both Paracelsus and Cagiostro learnt the Mysteries from Arabian sources.

According to Pike, it originated with the ancient Aryans, and was carried into Persia by the later Irano-Aryans who eventually became the Magi. From there, it was diffused into Mithraism by one faction, but also found a home as a mystical branch of Islam called Sufism. It was probably from the Sufis that Paracelsus and Cagliostro received it.

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I didn't add to my list the already mentioned:

Johann Valentin Andrae

And also forgot to add:

Jakob Boehme

Originally posted by Masonic Light

According to Pike, it originated with the ancient Aryans, and was carried into Persia by the later Irano-Aryans who eventually became the Magi. From there, it was diffused into Mithraism by one faction, but also found a home as a mystical branch of Islam called Sufism. It was probably from the Sufis that Paracelsus and Cagliostro received it.

(The following is hurried, as I just lost a whole half an hour of typing, so now I have to re-type it)

The Term "Aryan" has different levels of meaning:

On one level, it simply means "Noble" and is a title received by those who reach a certain level of Initiation, such as in Buddhism.

On another level, it is in reference to the present Fifth Root-Race which includes almost everybody on the Planet(though it is said that some pure-blooded Lemurians and Atlanteans still exist in various pockets throughout Africa, Asia and Australia).

Another level of the meaning could be in reference to pale-skinned tribes who moved from the Caucasus Mountains/Europe and Central Asia into places like Persia, Arabia, Greece, North Africa and the Indus-Kush.

I'm still trying to piece all this together utilizing the writings of the likes of Ra Un Nefer Amen, Muata Ashby, H.P. Blavatsky, Albert Churchward, Manly P. Hall, Max Heindel, Godfrey Higgins, Schwaller de Lubicz, Gerald Massey, Elijah Muhammad, Albert Pike, Rudolf Steiner and Samael Aun Weor.

If we look at the Gobi Desert we may find some important clues.

The first sub-race of the Aryan Root Race are said to be the Mongols.

Manly P. Hall wrote in one of his books something to the effect that the first "white-man" came from the area of the Gobi Desert.

Another clue might found in the symbolic(though perhaps part literal) story of the origin of the white-man/devil found in The Supreme Wisdom Lessons of the Nation of Islam.

The Shriner Degree may contain much truth regarding all this as well.

My theory is that if we look at the Hebrews, the followers of Abraham, we might get closer to the truth regarding the origins of the pale-skinned peoples, or white-seed of the Human Families of the Planet Earth.

Though us "whites" could have been found in Atlantean and even Lemurain times as well.

It's a matter of separating the symbolic from the literal.

Much of this is speculation of course; but I think some very important clues, that profane scholars, historians, anthropologists and orientalists generally ignore, are to be found in all this as points of reference for conducting research.

(The best way of course, would be to develope the ability to view the Akashic Records and see for oneself)

Either way, it seems most plausible that the Arab Wisdom is a synthesis of that of the Ancient AEthiopian Empire that extended from at least Nubia/Kemet, through Arabia, to Southern and Eastern India; that is to say, a synthesis of the Ancient Kemetian Religion, the AEthiopian Buddhas/Rishis of the Indus-Kush, and that of the Northern Indo-"Aryan" and Irano-"Aryan" peoples who mixed with the Arabians and AEthiopians of said areas.

Regards

[edit on 28-9-2006 by Tamahu]

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Amazing how spot on I think you are sometimes, my personal theory has been for a long time that a lot of additional knowledge infiltrated Catholic Europe when the works of Sufi writers was translated from Arab into Latin.
I am thinking of two special men( philosophers. poets etc.): Avicenna and Averroes. I am convinced it was their new metaphisycal approach that sparked a new wave of mysticism including Dante's Divine Commedy and the Florentine Renaissance.

Up from Earth's Centre through the Seventh Gate

I rose, and on the Throne of Saturn sate,

And many Knots unravel'd by the Road;

هBut not the Master-Knot of Human Fate.

This short verse originally attributed to Omar Kayyam and recently to Avicenna is a corroborating signature to their Sufi background.

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tamahu

The Term "Aryan" has different levels of meaning:

Pike used it in the sense of the original inhabitants of India who composed the Rig Veda, and whose primary descendants are the Hindus and Persians. For further readings see Pike's Legenda on the 32°, as well as his "Lectures On The Indo-Aryans" and "Lectures On The Irano-Aryans".

Interestingly, Pike also seemed to believe that the mysterious Hyksos were of Indian origin, and that it was they who transmitted the esoteric doctrines to the Egyptians, which gave rise to the Osirian cult.

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Amazing how spot on I think you are sometimes,

Many around here would dispute that.

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Thank you guys for the additional info.

Pike used it in the sense of the original inhabitants of India who composed the Rig Veda, and whose primary descendants are the Hindus and Persians.

If he means "Aryans" as in pale-skinned "Aryans" who supposedly invaded India, then they were certainly not the first inhabitants of India(see the writings of Godfrey Higgins of which Albert Pike is almost sure to have read).

The Tantric Goddess cultures of AEthiopian descent(whether AEthiopa began in Africa or South-East India) such as of the Harrapa, Indus-Kush, Mohenjo Daro, etc. were the Nagas and Rishis spoken of in Esoterism and Buddhism.

Samael Aun Weor also stated that the Brahmins learned the Sciences from the earlier Tantric Nagas.

Perhaps these "Aryans" spoken of by Albert Pike are none other than those of the Fifth Root-Race(who's original identity is not clear, other than that they were of those who were righteous enough to survive the final catastrophe of the Atlantean Root Race), as Albert Pike is said to have been a Theosophist?

For further readings see Pike's Legenda on the 32°, as well as his "Lectures On The Indo-Aryans" and "Lectures On The Irano-Aryans".

Thanks.

I've been planning to add these to my library.

Interestingly, Pike also seemed to believe that the mysterious Hyksos were of Indian origin, and that it was they who transmitted the esoteric doctrines to the Egyptians, which gave rise to the Osirian cult.

Hmmm...

Not sure how sound the entirety of that theory is; but I'll have to comment on it later on after looking up some info.

Regards

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Amazing how spot on I think you are sometimes, my personal theory has been for a long time that a lot of additional knowledge infiltrated Catholic Europe when the works of Sufi writers was translated from Arab into Latin.
I am thinking of two special men( philosophers. poets etc.): Avicenna and Averroes. I am convinced it was their new metaphisycal approach that sparked a new wave of mysticism including Dante's Divine Commedy and the Florentine Renaissance.

Too bad it seems difficult to find authentic Sufi teachings in the West aside from Rumi's poems(perhaps you know of some good writings in English?)

Fortunately we have many of these teachings synthesized within in the Gnostic teachings, and from the likes of Dante, Paracelsus and Cagliostro.

Up from Earth's Centre through the Seventh Gate

I rose, and on the Throne of Saturn sate,

And many Knots unravel'd by the Road;

هBut not the Master-Knot of Human Fate.

This short verse originally attributed to Omar Kayyam and recently to Avicenna is a corroborating signature to their Sufi background.

Nice.

That sounds like a precise reference to the journey of the Kundalini ascending the Spinal Column and its Seven Churches.

I'll do some research on Avicenna and Averroes.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Hello Friends,

Too bad it seems difficult to find authentic Sufi teachings in the West aside from Rumi's poems(perhaps you know of some good writings in English?)

I'm reading a very interesting book entitled, "The Sufism of Rumi." By, K. Khosla. Here are a couple excerpts

Forgetful of Pre-Existent Knowledge

It is a cardinal Sufi doctrine that the spirit or the soul bears the imprint of all knowledge from pre-existence, and, therefore, there is nothing for it to know that it does not already know. If the kingdom of God is within us, all knowledge is within us. But the drug of sensuality, the taint of worldliness, has made the spirit forgetful of its pre-existent knowledge. Purge it, and that knowledge will come back. Hence, it is said that knowledge is but recollection.

The way To Divine Knowledge

How can we attain to the knowledge of God? Certainly not by means of the physical senses, though "...some people expect to see God as they would see a cow." [eckhart] If the animal sense could see and hear God, every ox and ass would hear and see him. But they do not, not in their animality. God has called the eye of the sense blind. It is an idolater and an enemy of the intellect and religion. It sees the pen that writes, but not the writing hand; it sees the arrow flying,but not the Bow and the Archer. It sees the foam, but not the sea; it sees present, but not the future. "...How paint to the sensual eye what passes in the Holy of Holies of a man's soul?" [Carlyle] Sense perception cannot go beyond the world of the senses,the world of form and colour.

Kindest regards

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 01:51 AM
link   

That sounds like a precise reference to the journey of the Kundalini ascending the Spinal Column and its Seven Churches.
I'll do some research on Avicenna and Averroes.

It does sound like "that" journey, plenty more and very delicate mental images on this site:

kellscraft.com...

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Thank you lucum per lucerna and Belinquest

Another Initiate who would be of interest in regard to Rosicrucianism:

Johann Gichtel, of whom Manly P. Hall quotes H.P. Blavatsky, in his "Collected Writings Volume: 2", as saying that(paraphrased): "There was no purer man who ever lived".

www.google.com...

Some related interesting quotes:

Cagliostro

... the ignorant rudeness of certain critics who pronounce Cagliostro an “impostor” and his desire of engrafting Eastern Philosophy upon Western Masonry “charlatanism”. Without such a union Western Masonry is a corpse without a soul. As Yarker observes, in his Notes on the Scientific and Religious Mysteries of Antiquity [p. 157]:

“. . . As the Masonic fraternity is now governed, the Craft is fast becoming the paradise of the bon vivant . . . the manufacturer of paltry masonic tinsel . . . and the masonic ‘Emperor’ and other charlatans who make power or money out of the aristocratic pretensions which they have tacked on to our institutions – ad captandum vulgus . . .” [C.W.I, 310]

... Cagliostro [is] even today accused of having served the Jesuits as their spy; and this by Masons who ought to be the last to bring such a charge against a learned Brother who was persecuted by the Vatican even more as a Mason than as an Occultist. [C.W.XII, 80]

In the Occult phraseology of certain Occultists “Father, Son and Angels” stood for the compound symbol of physical, and astro-Spiritual Man. John G. Gichtel (end of xviith cent.), the ardent lover of Böhme, the Seer of whom de Saint-Martin relates that he was married “to the Heavenly Sophia”, the Divine Wisdom – made use of this term.

Therefore, it is easy to see what Cagliostro meant by proving to the Philalethes on the testimony of their “senses,” “God, man and the intermediary Spiritual beings,” that exist between God (Atma), and Man (the Ego). Nor is it more difficult to understand his true meaning when he reproaches the Brethren in his parting letter which says: “We have offered you the truth; you have disdained it. We have offered it for the sake of itself, and you have refused it in consequence of a love of forms . . . Can you elevate yourselves to (your) God and the knowledge of yourselves by the assistance of a Secretary and a Convocation?” etc. [C.W.XII, 83-4]

The statement on the authority of Beswick that Cagliostro was connected with the Loge des Amis Réunis under the name of Count Grabiano is not proven. [C.W.XII, 84 fn]

A quite interesting Eastern correlation here:

The Father(Dharmakaya), Son(Sambhogakaya) and Angels(Dakinis).

Regards

[edit on 1-10-2006 by Tamahu]

top topics

join