It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this a Photo of Jesus Christ?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 12:44 PM
link   
It occurs to me that no matter how true something may be, there will always be some people who will not believe it. There many things that are real that some people treat as nonexistant. Makes no difference. They can't run away from reality forever. Sooner or later TRUTH overtakes everyone.

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkyWay
It occurs to me that no matter how true something may be, there will always be some people who will not believe it. There many things that are real that some people treat as nonexistant. Makes no difference. They can't run away from reality forever. Sooner or later TRUTH overtakes everyone.

You're right, I wonder when all the Christians are going to accept the 'truth' that they've been lied to for the past 2000 years.

C'mon dude, we get it, you believe in this photo, you dont need to make every post in the damn thread.

We also dont need a lecture on your beliefs. One post was enough.

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 12:55 PM
link   

They can't run away from reality forever. Sooner or later TRUTH overtakes everyone.

Yes it does. And unfortunately it also overtakes A LOT of people who put their faith in apparitions that turn out to be fake.

Before you start typing a response and say that I'm just a 'non believer' ... you should know that I've been to Medjugorje and witnessed many supernatural things there. I've been to Betania and was open to the possibility that Mary could be visiting there. I went to Conyers GA with an open mind.

What did I find?

Medjugorje - many supernatural things happened. My own conversion experience started with Medjugorje.

Betania - I saw nothing supernatural happen however I DID visit where the Eucharistic Miracle is enshrined at a local convent. I didn't like Betania .. simply because we stayed in Caracus and it was LOUD and DIRTY and their was a water strike at the time so we had no water in the hotel.

Conyers - a complete fraud. No question IMHO.

Take a look at Bayside and other FAKE apparitions. There are plenty around. there is one woman named Denise in California who says that you MUST wear a certain medal that she's having struck if you wish to survive chastisements and she says Christ gave it to her. Cindy Cain? I met the woman. Another fraud IMHO. Sucks money from old people (I know an old couple who were swindled out of $100,000 by her). Her 'visions' and 'prophecies' do NOT come true and they contradict each other. And there is the woman in Emmitsburg Maryland ... etc. etc. etc....

The problem with just accepting this picture as real isn't that people don't have an open mind or heart. Well ... some don't ... but look at the people who put their FAITH in these things and then when they turn out to be fake (the VAST majority do) then there is a crisis of faith. MANY people have lost faith because they trusted in false apparitions.

You like the picture? Great. Meditate with it. But don't for one minute believe that it is actually a photo of Christ. Don't believe the false 'promises' that have been attached to it. If you do believe or hold the picture in too high regard .. you WILL have a crisis of faith.

Last I heard about that picture ... 10 years ago ... one of the DEMANDS that was placed on those who had it was to put it in a place of reverence in the home and WORSHIP it as you would worship Christ.

That's flat out wrong ... it tells me right off the bat this is wrong.

I wouldn't even let that into my home. If there is that much error attached to it then what else is attached .. dark spiritual attachements.

No thanks.

[edit on 9/22/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
Painting based on the "King James" version of Jesus.

Historically, Jews of his time had fairly short hair and they would have very dark eyes and be olive skinned. Roman mosaics of 400 AD often show him with sorter hair and no beard: www.accd.edu...

The photo fits your description in every way except for the length of hair. Hey, at least it doesn't show Him as a blue-eyed blond.

Bzzzt. In this picture Jesus looks more like a Roman / Central European. Not a Jew.
The skin is too light, the nose is too narrow in the bridge, the eyes are right...

Trust me, the guy in this picture is not a Jew.

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 01:09 PM
link   
FlyersFan,

I think it's fantastic that you have visited so many apparition sites...especially the one at Medjugorje. It's wonderful that you experienced conversion. I think many people would also convert if they visited that place.

I know that there are many frauds involved in subjects of this sort. I trust that the Lord provides me with the discernment to distinguish the fakes from the genuine. I hope that more of the genuine kind will arise all over the world so that more people will experience conversion and return to their Creator.

I need to take care of some other things right now but I hope when I return I will be able to read about your visit to Medjugorje and your conversion experience. That is one of the most important and sacred places on Earth!

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 01:13 PM
link   
keep posting, it's your Thread...

My View, is old JC can appear as anything that tickles His Fancy... after all GOD/IT can do as IT pleases and if IT/ZERO wanted to be a man and made Itself the Son-of-GOD and came in the Flesh of the Blessed-Virgin-Mary and became Man... coool with me... I'm just happy that IT/JC gave me a mind...

And if one were to seeee His Holy Face, you would seeeee everyones face, in His Face..... just amazing ! Daddy Dear !

Ohh well, sooo much visions stuff and dooo it 'our' way or die, know wonder, so many are turned off.............

Anyway, thanks for the picture and views... and may the Playwright Jesus show us all His Female-Face in Maria n more galore !

Lolove n luck n happy new year etc

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 01:43 PM
link   

There is no convinving some people.

You're exasperated because people don't beleive that a jpeg on a website is infact a photo???

believe there have also been descriptios of Jesus by near-death experiencers which are the same as the depiction of Jesus in this photo

Irrelevant. Merely shows what people agree he is supposed to look like.

The more consistency there is in descriptions of the Lord the more likely to be true.

That doesn't make sense. You are only including the descriptions that are consistently looking like the typical modern depiction of him.

It is the One photographed that matters. We have been given more than many people had in the past with this photo

According to the bible, people in the past saw water become wine and long dead men come back to life. This is a jpeg.

Why are you so accepting of this as being authentic? Do you accept everything that is claimed to be holy or fantastic? How do you tell the diference between frauds and miracles?

I would like to know if the original negative exists, at least. It could be a pic of drawing of course. Are you familiar with any reports about the negatives?

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by TG
I find it incredible that anyone can believe "Jesus" is the "son of God".

Really??? Tell me, what other religious/philosophical leader has had a more caring, loving, forgiving belief system other than the Buddha? Why do you "find it incredible that anyone can believe 'Jesus' is the 'son of God'"?

[edit on 22-9-2006 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 02:00 PM
link   
This picture says nothing to me, except that someone is good with art.
Nothing more. Have you ever heard of photoshop? Yes...it's true, their are photo-editing software & such.
Also, his features do not fit that of a Jew, but then again, Jesus was no "ordinary man".
And speaking of the truth, I'll advise you to do alot of research on christianity, it is probably the most flawed, corrupted & misguiding religion.
Aww, I'm so not sorry that I offended anyone.

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by sdrawkcab
And speaking of the truth, I'll advise you to do alot of research on christianity, it is probably the most flawed, corrupted & misguiding religion.
Aww, I'm so not sorry that I offended anyone.

Who made it that way? Certainly not Jesus....The corruption of the church made it that way. The church does not present the true teachings of Christ.

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Really??? Tell me, what other religious/philosophical leader has had a more caring, loving, forgiving belief system other than the Buddha?

Why the heck would that mean that he is the phsyical son of god?

If buddha was just as caring, then why isn't he the son of the god of the old testament?

And what about Bill? Bill had a very kindly and peaceable world-outlook, but no one ever accepts that he's the son of god.

Why do you "find it incredible that anyone can believe 'Jesus' is the 'son of God'"?

Because its silly? I mean, don't get me wrong, pretty much every religion is damned well near ridiculous. Worshiping a Zombie Jew is about as silly as a desert nomad talking to a floating ball of fire in a cave, or a guy who ran away from his hometown trying to sacrifice his kid on a hill.

[edit on 22-9-2006 by Nygdan]

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 02:14 PM
link   
They still aren't. Even the Bible gets it wrong.

As for the image, Why does he look as if he is of the Caucasian Persuasion? Everyone knows Jesus had an afro with a blowout comb and a dashiki.

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Thats not JC... thats my old party pal Dave Ruckles...

He was this wandering hippie I knew, who just thought he was Jesus...

always did wonder what happened to him...
so he is hanging with a nun now?
that makes sense...

He always did take really bad pics...
and folks...
this IS a color pic, Dave was just a very monochromatic type dude...

Photo...
its a drawing, and a poor one at that...

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Isn't it amazing how 'western' he looks for a jewish guy from that part of the world then? I've always thought that if Jesus was a real historical figure then chances are if you bumped into him he'd have looked NOTHING like the many religous images of him.

It would probably have stood out like a spore thumb if he'd been a tall long haired white bloke in the middle east back then. As such there would have been references to this 'strange long haired white jew' outside of religious texts.

Wayne...

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flyer
All this shows is just how gullible religious people are.

No....it shows how REAL Jesus Christ is. Get used to it. He is coming. I suppose when the Lord returns people such as you will claim it's a hoax. There is no convinving some people.
You people have been saying hes been coming for hundreds of years, youve always been wrong just as you always will be in the future.

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 02:24 PM
link   
This is one of the funniest things I've ever seen on ATS, thanks for the laugh

Sometimes religious people scare me in their gullability....... I mean, they can vote!

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by VelvetSplash
This is one of the funniest things I've ever seen on ATS, thanks for the laugh

Sometimes religious people scare me in their gullability....... I mean, they can vote!
Exactly and thats why Bush is in power, there are so many of the fools.

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
Because its silly? I mean, don't get me wrong, pretty much every religion is damned well near ridiculous. Worshiping a Zombie Jew is about as silly as a desert nomad talking to a floating ball of fire in a cave, or a guy who ran away from his hometown trying to sacrifice his kid on a hill.

[edit on 22-9-2006 by Nygdan]

You sound like the typical athiest to me. No matter what my answer...you'd,no doubt, find it unacceptable. So why bother? Keep believing in annihilation...it doesn't bother me in the least.

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 02:32 PM
link   
That's funny because I'm not an athiest, but I Nygdan's quote makes perfect sense to me. To believe something because a book told you so is the hight of gullability. Some will say that it's "faith", but to me it seems like the con of the bi-millenia.

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flyer
thats why Bush is in power, there are so many of the fools.

Oh lord ...
It is absolutely amazing that we can go from discussing an alleged picture of christ to Bush-Bashing within a handful of posts.

BTW - Did ya' know Forsburg is our new Captain? Brashier is now with the Capitals! We LOST to the Pens in our first game. UGH. I know it's pre-season but still .. lost to the Pens????

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join