It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

fish inside duck egg?????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 05:34 AM
link   
I'd like to hear your theories on this please, i'm baffled and cant think how they got in there

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Maby the duck got infected or something and the fish
were cought inside the forming egg in the duck uterus...

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Haha thats very odd.

Though is there any evidence to say it wasnt messed with before hand - just their word?

Odd that it just happend to be biologists that found it aswell..

Cool though

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Mommy duck will have to explain herself to papa duck!

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I bet they got in there the same way those dead bugs get into the enclosed light fixtures.

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I've heard of a fish in the Amazon that will swim up into your anal cavity. Possibly the minnows swam up the ducks egg canal and were incased in an egg. they then consumed the duck embryo and grew to the size they were when found.

Another theory is that it's a joke or hoax.

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 10:52 AM
link   

"As 21st century scientists rather than 17th century antiquarians we think it's unlikely this represents a hitherto unknown mode of fish reproduction.

Where's the damned duck!??

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 10:26 AM
link   
bit more info, i was reading the news paper today and they were in there, the guy who found it said the fish were alive, he put them into the lake and they swam off after the pic of the egg was taken

apparently he could see the fish through the shell because it was translucent and thats how he found them, he could see them wriggling

not sure what to believe on this one yet but i'm leaning towards hoax

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 12:11 PM
link   
In my opinion this is a hoax.

Live fully formed fish, need tokeep moving, and need a refreshed shot of oxygenized water. Those fish would have died long before reaching maturity, or if they did reach maturity enough to be fully formed, they would have died right after the umbilicical cord seprated from its nutrients, and thus cutting the fish off from oxygen as well, inside the egg.

-ADHD

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 12:51 PM
link   
thats awesome. but maybe its just a spoof, now if they showed a video of it and they cracked it open and fish came out then i would be amazed and shocked. but this just seems no more than bs.

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ADHDsux4me
In my opinion this is a hoax.

-ADHD

I will have to agree with you, now a days anybody will claim anything just to get enough media coverage for personal purposes.

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 01:03 PM
link   
It might be true but couldnt they just of found an empty already cracked duck egg and put 2 dead fish in it?

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by MukaMuka
It might be true but couldnt they just of found an empty already cracked duck egg and put 2 dead fish in it?

Does the site shows the egg with the fish before been opened? I am sorry if I missed that.

But I didn't see it.

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 01:52 PM
link   
If this is true (which I highly doubt), maybe some fish eggs got in through the egg shell, if it was porous. I don't know anything about eggs, so I'll ask you, are eggs porous?

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by jbondo
I've heard of a fish in the Amazon that will swim up into your anal cavity.

What! You sure it wasn't some kind of parasite and not a fish? You'd have to be pretty damn relaxed for a fish to make it that far I would think!

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I think that Amazon fish swims up peoples urethra when they e, it would be kinda hard for them to get into someones bum now wouldn't it?

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zanzibar
I think that Amazon fish swims up peoples urethra when they e, it would be kinda hard for them to get into someones bum now wouldn't it?

You may be right. I could have gotten it backwards. I think it is the urethra.

Sorry, wrong cavity.

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Ok, I think they are pulling our chain.

First if they were biologist that respect nature they would not have disturb an egg that was moving, they would have let nature take care of it.

Lets think about this for a moment. Look! an egg by a pond and it's moving lets crack it open. Huh? It sounds like a bunch of kids not biologists.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 09:32 AM
link   
The crack is large enough that they could have easily put the fish into the egg themselves. That's all I'm saying.

The only egg thing that has ever amazed me was Cris Angel putting an egg into an orange sealed, and then having it peeled open by someone, the egg cracked open, and there was a yellow finch that he had bought from the pet shop earlier inside, alive.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zanzibar
If this is true (which I highly doubt), maybe some fish eggs got in through the egg shell, if it was porous. I don't know anything about eggs, so I'll ask you, are eggs porous?

yes they are porous, for eggs are made of a complex string of fibers, and when looked at under a microscope you can see the so this is completely a hoax!

join