It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hearing Voices in Your Head is Now Normal

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
WOW, our "leaders" and the people they pay to come up with theories, (scientists, doctors, etc.) are complete idiots, rather, they're turning the people who believe in their "superiority", into idiots, mindless pigs wallowing in their own filth, until they pull the plug and massacre us all. When the masses have completed all of "their" hard work, setting up their "utopia", we'll all be slaughtered, like the do do birds long before us. Regard for human lives are non-existent, hence, the wars and diseases purposefully unleashed upon us all, with the intent of curbing the population growth and facilitating false illusions about the world around us, until we've reached the point where they fell we are all no longer needed. They're actively, successively brainwashing us all, be careful what you take in, question question question. Everything. "Why?" "What purpose does this serve?" "Who's to benefit here?" "What the Fiick is REALLY going on..?" Ask yourself. Spread Love, Positivity, and Awareness. Look to the sky, for the end may be nigh.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by SinkingSun

I'd say an internal monologue is one where by you have to consciously switch over into speaking english or whatever language in your own head, like practising a speech of spelling out a word, stuff like that - just another part of your thought process.

A 'voice' is more 'uninvited' and is literally a spoken voice, like an auditory hallucination, like your mind playing little tricks on you.... I just think it's one level of consciousness shunting a thought into the higher level of consciousness

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Actually, I've been expecting something like this for some time now.

I have a theory regarding this phenonenom, but I've hesistated to discuss it because most would simply dismiss the theory as "impossible', if not out right ridiculous. And yet, now we have evidence that there seems to be a sufficiently large enough population experiencing this phenonenom to declare it "normal".

So maybe my theory has some merit.

Anyway, here goes:

We live in an environment bathed in electromagnetic radiation (EM). Our modern world is becoming increasingly saturated with EM radiation: radio, TV, cell phones, the background "hum" of millions of computers, electronic devices of every discription and function, the list grows every day.

Add to this, the EM fields generated by other electrrical, but non-"electronic", sources, such as the multitudes of electric power lines (and I am talking about all power lines, not just high voltage lines) and the plethora of electric motors and other devices that occupy our shared world.

And all this is on top of the various sources of natural EM radiation: the EM field generated by the Earth itself, as well as the charged particles continuously bombarding the planet fron the Sun and outer space.

Humans evolved in this natural background of EM radiation, long before the advent of the electrical and electronic Tsunami we modern apes enveloped ourselves in.

Our brains are electro-chemical in construction. Our thoughts are the function of electrical impulses coursing between the nuerons in our brains. Our minds, the very essence of who we experience ourselves to be, may be thought of as a persistant EM field, which is expressed as a memory; not entirely unlike a bit of data stored on a computer chip; though vastly more complex.

One thing we must recognize about EM fields is that they are interactive; one field, no matter how weak, will affect another EM field with which it comes into contact, no matter how strong the second field is, relatively speaking.

Now consider, as we increasingly saturate our environment with a multitude of EM fields, produced and modulated by our various devices, is it not inevitable that these fields will begin to touch, and even overlap in some places? And where contact is made, will there not be influence, interference, or even "communication" induced between the fields?

As I said, the human brain evolved in a relatively low level EM field to begin with. But we must not allow ourselves to believe that the Human animal has stopped evolving in any way. The process of evolution is on-going, and it continues, in us, even to this day. And evolution is nothing but a response to Environment! If a given environment changes over time, evolution will induce changes to the animals inhabiting that environment to help them adapt to those changes. It works for hedgehogs, it works the same way for humans.

And so now to the heart of my theory: As we humans change our environment by ever increasing the strength and diversity of its EM fields, we are, in fact, inducing the processes of evolution to change ourselves. We appear to be inducing our brains to become increasingly sensitive to, and receptive of, patterns perceived in the EM environment.

My hypothosis is that this evolutionary change is begining to allow some amoung us to actually discern "real" messages from the background "noise" of the EM environment: in a sense, some of us are turning into human "radio receivers": for some, their brains' have become sensitive enough to the EM radiations around them that they are able to "pick out" the distinctive pulse-pattern that distinguishes a message from just the hum of an electric motor.
edit on 28-5-2011 by Bhadhidar because: For grammar and spelling. I should know better!

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I haven't read the whole thread but think it's important to point out that a voice heard inside one's head is considered a thought, whereas a voice heard outside of one's head (that is clearly outside of normal experience) is considered an auditory hallucination.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Recent links I've come across:

www.healthyplace.com...
Considering that they now think we see things due more to what we think about what we see than what's actually there, I suspect that it would be reasonable to assume the same of auditory input. You're going to hear your name in a background filled with sounds.

www.intervoiceonline.org...

Outside of psychiatry it is not well known that schizophrenia has yet to be shown to be a proven disease.
(...)
There are now well known reasons why people suffer from the complaints that are mystified by the constructs of the disease Schizophrenia.

And way further down:

This reality, that there are quite a large number of people (about 4%) in the general population who hear voices and even more (about 8%) have peculiar personal convictions, that we call delusiouns, without being ill, compells us to realize that the experience of hearing voices or having delusions are not in themselves a sign of mental illness.
This makes sense to me--whether or not the stance is ultimately right. (This one I don't think is written by someone with a degree.) People tend to get worse in other behaviors as long as they refuse to counteract their negative behavior. So why can't you develop mental illness from refusing to practice a reality check every once in a while? And at the same time, not everyone should develop a full-blown illness, but those who are sensitive to it--sort of like alcoholics.

professored.com...

Something which may assist perceiving “voices” as just thoughts if you are bothered by them is a point made by Aaron Beck MD. Aaron Beck points out that “hot thoughts” transform into “voices”. “Hot thoughts” in “cognitive behavioral therapy” are emotionally loaded thoughts. When emotionally loaded thoughts present themselves forcefully and appear “real”.
(...)
“Voices” are generally NOT commands, often called command hallucinations. This notion of commands is a very misleading stereotype on the media. The media is also very misleading about schizophrenia mental health recovery.

At this point, this article links a schizophrenia recovery rate/improvemet:
professored.com... Which puts it at a 90% recovery/improvement rate. Simply enough, if you can get out of it, you can lead yourself into it. If it can only be improved, then it's far more likely that it is a genetic condition. Since it appears to be both, then it's a whole spectrum of people that can be labled with the disease.

A good bit to think on. I bet within 5 years, there'll be new information out there.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I hear music and my own voice in my head all the time. Music is almost constantly playing, like a radio (with the commercials though
)

Only ONCE have I ever heard a voice "outside" my mind though. That is when I was going through a VERY stressful time in my life, and since then, I have never heard it again.

I would say those "voices" are "normal" unless they distract you and begin to control and take over you. It is a problem if you cannot function normally anymore.
Otherwise, I would say "no worries"

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I think hearing voices or whatever is not an illness though it becomes an illness when you feel the need to act against your own will to act upon something being said. I personally often find myself having a conversation to myself in my head though it’s not like another persons voice. Whats weird is when I hear my conversation it always seems to be something I never realised or knew before, it seems like one of the ways my brain works when working something out; similar to how a mathematician will put formula’s onto a white board.
edit on 22-8-2011 by OwenGP185 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Hi group I hope you are all well. Yeah I get voices which I ear within my head, the official termonology is v2k or voice to skull. It main use is on victims when mnd control is being used on them, a person subjected to v2k and mind control is call a T.I targetted individual. My voices started propoerly in 2001, I had a family harrasing me 24/7 from the west midlands of England. There were 1 guy the dad his wife and their daughter. They all had their own personallitys and to cut my story very. very short they could tell me about movies they have seen or books whuch they had read and I hadnt. Its a very big issue for a targetted individual, voices can be used to torture you. Google this.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by KevOF

I must say from experience of working in the field when younger, what this op talks about is a different type of voice than you are hearing, I could be wrong but to be happier, and safer really do go and see your MD please do my friend I don't think it will get any better unless you do.

To all

Thanks for your replies I had forgotten about this thread and recently was reading a new paper research on this will dig it out and provide some links quotes, thanks so much for your experiences and additions enjoyed them.

Kind Regards,

Elf

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by bmpemb

I don't know what or who may have been calling you, but I do know that if it were God, you would have felt His Love as well as hearing His voice. I doubt you would have been afraid. If you did not feel surrounded by love while hearing the voices, it's probably a good thing you did not answer.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by thelibra
Well that's a helluva relief.

I think...

Of course, the idea that 1 out of every 25 people is a schizophrenic is a bit disturbing, but hey, at leat I'm not alone anymore... not that I was before.

Anyway, I'd be curious, since apparently 4% of the population hears voices, how well that 4% also corresponds to the number of people who were abused as a child, since typically that is when the first personality splits begin to occurr.
I don't know where you got that number? It's more like 1 in 100 I don't feel like looking for it but it's on this site. www.schizophrenia.com...

I've had schizophrenia for 15 years and I've only met 3 people with it.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I have schizophrenia. Everyone I knows hears a voice in their head when they read or think or whatever. When I was in a psyhosis from schizophrenia there was no one voice but many. I liken it to my own mind had turned against me. The voices would perecute and ridicule me. Some schizos have hostel voices some have piecefull voices. If you have more then one voice in your head you have schizophrenia.

Paranoia alsos come with hallucinations. You think real people can read you mind or that there out to get you.

I take medication and rarely hear voices. I'm about 80% of who I was before I became ill at age 18. I still have paranoia and stuff but it's not as severe. Sometimes family and friends point it out I become aware of it.

Just like how someones pancrease can malfunction and they get diabetes the brain can malfunction also. Schizophrenia isn't just psychological there is psyical changes that take place in the brain. Schizophrenia also causes brain damage. The longer it goes untreated the less of a chance someone has of recovering. Schizophrenics also loose grey matter thier brians can loose up to 10% of their mass.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
lol post went wrong lost it.

Replying to Unity below.

Above Poster thanks soo much for sharing your experience I did write more but pressed the wrong ATS button and lost it all!

Thanks though I really appreciated, your honesty and clarity in description of what you experienced.

Kind Regards,

Elf
edit on 23-8-2011 by MischeviousElf because: Edit the edit that lost a long post lol

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by MischeviousElf

You're mixing together two distinct things.

Hearing one or more voices internally isn't a disorder, or auditory hallucination.

Hearing voices as if outside of you, that aren't really there....that's the bad juju's.

I'm amazed that some people don't have at least one internal voice.

It's usually a party in my psyche!

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by wantsome

You don't have schizophrenia if you have more than one voice in your head.

That's complete and utter nonsense.

My voices are all aspects of my psyche, and they all work together to help me throughout my though experiments and everyday problems

I don't have schizophrenia, just a creative personalty.
edit on 23-8-2011 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I feel the need to explain the whole multiple internal voices being a positive thing...

So I was always advanced in mathematics and sciences. I learned "short cuts" on my own, like chunking information.

It seems I applied this same type of breaking complex problems down into other areas. If I want to figure out complex human interactions, I chunk the thought process into multiple people. I role play each individual, and see what would most likely occur.

That's just imagination and intelligence at work, not a pathology. I'm fully aware that these voices are my creation. They work as a marker to sort out all the information processing in my subconscious. It's sort of a means of me coming to terms with what my subconscious already knew. Sometimes the role playing is necessary, and other times I can have direct access without knowledge, ie just intuit what is best without consciously processing it out. It just depends.

I think those people who don't role play in multiples are less imaginative and intelligent, on average, than those who do.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by sliceNodice
Sort of a quick conclusion there, where is the evidence? Show me some tests on the mental stability of these people who hear voices compared to the average joe, and then we will get somewhere. For example, personality disorders, number of delusions, drug abuse etc.

Actually, the average Joe is not a good indicator.... Most people live in constant denial and are one layoff away from killing themselves and/or their families
edit on 24-8-2011 by HunkaHunka because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

It's called theory of mind, and not only is it normal, its one of the things that separates us from rest of the species on earth...supposedly anyway

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Good post OP! lol! Alot of beings are telepathic...I'm sure the cell phone people wont like the fact though. lol! Not many have this ability though.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by MischeviousElf

well there is your 'thoughtt' voice...which is referred to as the 'voice of reasoning or voice of criticsm'....

that is normal...

what about stupid songs that go over and over again in your head or a silly advert/jingle? Would that be considered a voice?
I have always considered that is what voices are...memories of words others have said or the person has heard... and it replays like a song does.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join