It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus Camp. (How can they do this to children?)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I ran across a video tonight, about jesus camp. I honestly found it disturbing that adults would be asking children if they would give up their lives for Jesus.Here is the link:

Jesus camp

Maybe it's just me.

What are your thoughts on it?

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy
I ran across a video tonight, about jesus camp. I honestly found it disturbing that adults would be asking children if they would give up their lives for Jesus.Here is the link:

Jesus camp

Maybe it's just me.

While this is disturbing in the U.S.A it's what the muslims do every day in theyre countries.

Name me a christiam country where islam is band?........
answer=none

Name me a muslim country where christianity is banned
answer at least 10

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Watched it and it put me in mind of certain countries where children were taught about the Great Satan, America and the way to heaven through suicide bombings.

It's disgusting and makes me wonder how these kids are going to behave when they're in their 30's.

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
Watched it and it put me in mind of certain countries where children were taught about the Great Satan, America and the way to heaven through suicide bombings.

It's disgusting and makes me wonder how these kids are going to behave when they're in their 30's.

I don't know but I have a feeling we'll be seeing more abortion clinics bombed around that time.
Seriously I find this type of stuff appaling, and like was mentioned very similar to how radical islam educates children. The last thing the world needs right now is to further polarize the future generation's views on religion.

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by kuhl

While this is disturbing in the U.S.A it's what the muslims do every day in theyre countries.

That still doesnt make it right. Children should not be brainwashed regardless of what religion is involved.

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 07:51 PM
link   

That still doesnt make it right. Children should not be brainwashed regardless of what religion is involved.

I didn't say it was right I was pointing out that this goes on everyeday in muslim countries and no-one bats an eye lid.

This is wrong but I see why the people involved see the need to do this.

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Jesus camp

Maybe it's just me.

I find the whole thing extremely disturbing. It's no different than what the radical Muslims teach their children and it's wrong no matter who's doing it. I hate to give Rosie O'Donnell credit, but she was right when she said radical Christians are just as dangerous as radical Muslims. I've even seen martial arts schools that preach Jesus and believe in training their students to be "active" soldiers for Jesus.

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I really don’t see any problems with having the children affirm the depth of their faith. I find it kinda sneaky how the movie editors showed the children reacting to the “who will give up their lives for Jesus” question and immediately cut to a child in a completely different setting saying that they are being trained as Gods army. Seems they want to sensationalize the evangelical movement…

I mean here is the movie cover:

Really though I can’t make any reasonable judgments on what I have seen in the trailer. I would need to see the movie in it’s entirety to judge the camp, director and editors.

Pay no attention to my avatar

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Yes it was rather disturbing.
Some of the above posters did menchen that many other countries a probably doing similar things worse then what is shown on the video clip.
I was a bit spirited when I was growing up but I am glad I never went through anything like that.

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedGolem

I was a bit spirited when I was growing up but I am glad I never went through anything like that.

I did go thru things like that, and I suppose it gives me hope. I was born to two Pentecostal hellfire and brimstone ministers. I actually lived in the church as I grew up. I hear people complain about being hauled off to church everytime the doors opened and I smile, cause I was the one that opened the doors.

If I could survive that and grow into the Spiritual Anarchist that I am, I hold out hope for those children as well.

I still believe it's wrong for them to be subjected to the brainwashing that they are undergoing.

I still hold out hope they can overcome it just as I did.

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 08:23 PM
link   

If I could survive that and grow into the Spiritual Anarchist that I am, I hold out hope for those children as well.

I still believe it's wrong for them to be subjected to the brainwashing that they are undergoing.

Mrwupy,

I am glad that you over came the brainwashing as you put it. I just feel that people can be spiritual with out being subjectied to that level of bombardment. I may not be evanjelical like what was shown, but I am spiritual and hope to always have that choice to be so.

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Jesus camp

Maybe it's just me.

answer=none

answer at least 10

The Vatican.

Do I win a prize now?

Infact, because the Holly See does not permit or recognize I should say another religion other then christianity, they are not allowed a represenative at the UN.

Of course it is not like the Holly city of Mecca, where infidels are not permitted to touch the very ground of the city.

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

Jesus camp

Maybe it's just me.

answer=none

answer at least 10

The Vatican.

Do I win a prize now?

Infact, because the Holly See does not permit or recognize I should say another religion other then christianity, they are not allowed a represenative at the UN.

Of course it is not like the Holly city of Mecca, where infidels are not permitted to touch the very ground of the city.

I'm sorry Rock I do not see your point ,although I like your other posts on other matters ,what are you triing to say?

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Not saying anything, I was just saying that there is in fact a christian, actually... THEE christian CAPITAL, does NOT recognize other faiths. You said no chrisitan nation did such a thing, and that is not true.

I believe it is anyones right to disclude any one they so wish to, and I have no problem with the Holly See not recognizing other faiths, nor do I with Mecca. It is your right to disclude any one you want to disclude.

That aside, I have no opinion on these camps because my opinions are related to almost all protestant divisions of the Holly See.

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 08:48 PM
link   
satan is very swift in his thinking no? on the one hand he has one part of the world beliving that the other part is evil while the other thinks the same about the other side of the world. his plan is very obvious. have us killing each other because of LACK OF KNOWLEDGE in the very thing that could bring us all together. but its all just stories centuries old right? gaah. once we are on the brink of extiction because of our slaughter over whos satan and whos not he will show up and we all know what that means. the road to peace. brainwashing? yeah its involved daily and has been for longer than you think. some of the newer tools for that is schools, tv, internet and radio. the age old story is nothing new to us. the battle between good and evil. all we hear about is satan and evil. but when it comes to the other guy nobody wants to talk. and im not talking about "God." dare a say the J name. noooooo not that name!!!
thats the name that will doom us all! dont say it!! get a grip people.

i havent watched the video yet but im going to. what i can tell you to do is compare what these people are doing with what christ has said for his children to do. do you know what he has said or are you ignorant of his words. if you really know the scriptures then you know your answer. and oh yeah ive heard the same ol same ol "the bible has been re written" so many times im about to puke by people who have no clue as to what is even in the book or even how to read it. but its ok i guess i can take some more of it because after all it goes beyond the physical realm.

i think once people realize that religion is the problem we could stop the slaughter but its not ment to be. the leaders of religion twist the scriptures for their gain and the masses follow. know the truth and the truth will set you free. not 20% of the truth or 90% of it....religion is not the answer.

[edit on 16-9-2006 by Funkydung]

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
Not saying anything, I was just saying that there is in fact a christian, actually... THEE christian CAPITAL, does NOT recognize other faiths. You said no chrisitan nation did such a thing, and that is not true.

I believe it is anyones right to disclude any one they so wish to, and I have no problem with the Holly See not recognizing other faiths, nor do I with Mecca. It is your right to disclude any one you want to disclude.

That aside, I have no opinion on these camps because my opinions are related to almost all protestant divisions of the Holly See.

Agreed but the Vatican is hardly a country m8

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 08:51 PM
link   

You make it sound almost as if it were a maze that some people never make it out of Mr. Wuppy. I imagine a large percentage will stay locked inside it forever.

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Burnt Offering

You make it sound almost as if it were a maze that some people never make it out of Mr. Wuppy. I imagine a large percentage will stay locked inside it forever.

So your saying to be religeous is a maze or like a trap?

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Burnt Offering

So your saying to be religeous is a maze or like a trap?

Well thats just what I thought I understood Mr. Wuppy to be conveying. I am uncertain myself. Perhaps someone much smarter than I came up with religion?

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 08:56 PM
link   
while I am totally against any kind of brainwashing, especially in our vulnerable children, I've seen to many movie trailers that actually had nothing to do with what the movie actually was, so I will have to see the movie in it's entirity before formulating an opinion.

And as for the Vatican not recognizing any other faith, as well as the bit on Mecca, this is the exact reason that I don't choose to follow a religion. Not that I'm an atheist, I just don't choose any one religion over another.

Peace and Love,

Pancho

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join