It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New MSNBC Poll - Do you belive in government involvement with 9/11?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Another one of those fancy polls that ask you a simple question. Currently the people that believe the conspiracy theories are rediculous have a higher percentage. But the percantage of people that believe in the truth is still pretty high.

MSNBC Poll

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Wow, right now it is 37% (6743 votes so far) belive with only 48 percent flatout disbelivers. That number is supprising even to a conspiracy researcher.

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Seems the tide is turning....

With over 50,000 responses:

51% give the conspiracy angle some merit.
43% believe the official story.

Different Poll - Same Issue

[edit on 8-9-2006 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I voted and came back to look and the # of voters and the percentage was intact-never changed...

This could be dissinformation...keep an eye on it.

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

No doubt numbers are very easy to juggle, without many people being able to prove it or show exactly how.

Why do these numbers matter anyway? One person believes it, a trillion people believe it; so what?

Nearly everyone used to believe the world was flat, but I really doubt that the roundness of the Earth was a recent geographical development.

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 07:20 PM
link   
conspiracy...never,nothing to see here move along

I have to agree with DGtemp for once

Seems like misinfo to me.

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Maybe less "lawl misinfo" and more "they screwed up the poll they're using to get more people to visit the site."

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Kuhl:

I knew the day would come.

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 07:37 PM
link   
here's a different poll on msnbc, same issue with a higher number of voters....

Poll

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11

Originally posted by dgtempe

No doubt numbers are very easy to juggle, without many people being able to prove it or show exactly how.

Why do these numbers matter anyway? One person believes it, a trillion people believe it; so what?

Nearly everyone used to believe the world was flat, but I really doubt that the roundness of the Earth was a recent geographical development.

sorry, but "a believe" is very very important...whant a good exemple of what a believe can do?!..see the Vatican and the church that build it, just a exemple!there are tons of others more! believe+faith=very powerfull combo! believe+faith, can also be = mass Control. all this, just have started one day, with a single believe! think on this

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Just voted in the MSNBC one - 8956 responses, 42% believe there's evidence of a conspiracy, 44% think it's ridiculous, 14% not sure.

That means the people who definitely think there's no conspiracy are in the minority.

It's a small sample but I think the USG will have to do something about these figures.

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Rich,

If you go check it out now the number is probably still the same?

I am thrilled that the number of "nut jobs" is on the increase, but something is wrong with that first poll.

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by rich23
That means the people who definitely think there's no conspiracy are in the minority.

'Cause looked at the other way, the people who definitely think there is a conspiracy make a smaller minority!

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Bah. This poll will get passed round every conspiracy website out there meaning you won't get a 'fair' sample.

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Oh, come on now.

This is not a valid. It's not a random sampling. You might as well toss a coin.

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Nevermind, thought it was finished. Anyway, conspiracy back in the lead 45-41.

[edit on 9/9/2006 by eaglewingz]

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by eaglewingz

Originally posted by rich23

'Cause looked at the other way, the people who definitely think there is a conspiracy make a smaller minority!

OK, if we're going to get picky, of course it's a self-selecting sample, and as a previous poster said, this poll will get passed around the conspiracy-related websites which will give it an obvious bias.

BUT... the point is that the CT angle is starting to go overground, and polls like this, even though they can legitimately be criticised (and I've already admitted the flaws in the paragraph above) are still on a mainstream news website, and will therefore affect the public discourse about 9/11. It's going to be harder than ever to brush it off as the tinfoil-hat brigade.

As I write, the largest sample has over 55,000 replies, and 54% think there's something fishy about 9/11.

There's also this article which outlines some of the anomalies in the government's story:

The scientists, engineers, and professors who pose the tough questions about 9/11 are not people who spend their lives making sense of their experience by constructing conspiracy theories. Scientists and scholars look to facts and evidence. They are concerned with the paucity of evidence in behalf of the official explanation. They stress that the official explanation is inconsistent with known laws of physics, and that the numerous security failures, when combined together, are a statistical improbability.

The call by 9/11 skeptics for an independent investigation by an international panel of experts is not a conspiracy theory. In principle there is nothing wrong with such an investigation. In practice, it might be difficult to create a truly independent panel. How many physicists, for example, have careers independent of government grants, and how many engineering firms would risk being branded “unpatriotic” and lose business by coming down on the “wrong” side of the issue?

Nowhere is there a surfeit of brave men.

There follows a brief list of some of the obvious flaws in the official fairlytale.

Nothing unusual about this, you'd think. Standard tinfoil hat fare.

Except that the author is Paul Craig Roberts, who was Assistant Secretary of the Treasury in the Reagan Administration.

When people like that start publishing articles like this, you know the official account's in deep trouble. I mean, Charlie Sheen's a great guy and all, but he doesn't have the credibility of someone like this, who has previously published several weighty tomes.

This stuff is going overground and I predict some sort of attempt to deal with it on the part of a beleaguered administration.

Oh yeah, of course we've had the tape with the return of Fat Osama (is that really the best lookee-likee they could get?) meeting one of the hijackers who subsequently turned up alive and denied he had anything to do with 9/11. They'll have to do better than that - it's the people prepared to think critically they have to convince. This is going to be fun to watch.

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Rich,

I do agree with you on that. The fact that 50% give or take a few are skeptic about 9/11 is promising.
BUT- I wouldnt be surprised if these websites put this out there to make it look, in the end as if the majority of people did not believe in government involvement...
AND it would be off the charts>>> by a landslide.

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Well as of 9:46 AM EDT/EST the first poll looks like this:

Do you believe any 9/11 conspiracy theories that indicate the U.S. government was involved? * 12927 responses

Yes, I believe there's evidence.
46%

No, that's ridiculous.
40%

I'm not sure.
14%
source: msnbc.msn.com

and for the other poll:

Do you believe any of the conspiracy theories suggesting the U.S. government was somehow involved in 9/11? * 56037 responses

Yes. The government has left many questions unanswered about that day.
55%

No. These theories are absurd and disrespectful -- especially to those who lost their lives on 9/11.
39%

I'm not sure.
6%

source:msnbc.msn.com

So it looks as though a good number of people are wearing thier hats today...hehe
Including Paul Craig Roberts; which brings me to my next point.

Rich23

Thanks for that informative thread. Its great to see people with credibility stepping up. I love the part where he said:

How many physicists, for example, have careers independent of government grants, and how many engineering firms would risk being branded “unpatriotic” and lose business by coming down on the “wrong” side of the issue?

source:informationclearinghouse.info

I would LOVE to see the results of THAT study.

new topics

top topics

join