It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Nicole Richie DEAD?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I've always wondered whether she's Lionel Richie's biological kid, or if she was adopted. Tonight, of all nights, I look her up on wiki, and this is the first sentence:

Nicole Camille Richie (born September 21, 1981) was an American socialite, author, actress, and singer best known for being the daughter of singer Lionel Richie and for her role in The Simple Life.

So, I'm like, she was?!? I thought somebody had made a mistake, or that I was reading too much into the verb, then, I see this:

Born: September 21, 1981
Berkeley, California, USA

Died: September 6, 2006
Seattle, Washington, USA

So, did she die today, or is Paris just playing a really mean trick?

I don't actually care, I just thought it was odd.

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 12:22 AM
link   
That is strange. I wonder if that is someones joke or what? I will look around.

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I think it's just someone pulling a gag because it says she died on the sixth in seattle washington and it' still the fifth here in the states (west coast time) so I would think it's someone in another time zone who messed up in their joke.

But hey I could be wrong.

SPider

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 01:17 AM
link   
yeah dawgs ; ANY idiot can edit wikki , i have just deleted the " died on " crap .

wikki is the delusion that an infinite number of munkies with computers can create an encyclopedia

it does work some times -- but NEVER trust it as a sole sourse for that very reason

if you really believed she had died , dont you think there would be some mention of it in the media

nah that would be too easy -- screw telling reuters , AP , THE bbc , CNN or any one else

just update the wikki -- yeah thats the way forward

[edit on 6-9-2006 by ignorant_ape]

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
if you really believed she had died...

Duh.

Thank you for your words, but I already said that I didn't care. I simply thought it was odd.

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 02:18 AM
link   
She's not dead, but with all that weight she lost, she looks like a walking corpse.

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
yeah dawgs ; ANY idiot can edit wikki , i have just deleted the " died on " crap .

wikki is the delusion that an infinite number of munkies with computers can create an encyclopedia

it does work some times -- but NEVER trust it as a sole sourse for that very reason

if you really believed she had died , dont you think there would be some mention of it in the media

nah that would be too easy -- screw telling reuters , AP , THE bbc , CNN or any one else

just update the wikki -- yeah thats the way forward

Thank you. Wanted to quote the whole post because you hit the nail right on the head.

Wikipedia is a laymen's, collaborative, open source enyclopedia, folks. They had to lock 20 elephant-related pages on Wikipedia because Steven Colbert asked his viewers to go and edit the elephants page to state that the number of elephants in Africa has tripled in the last year, or something like that. Check it out:

www.youtube.com...

ignorant_ape, you should create a wikipedia entry about ATS, stating that posting on ATS cures cancer. It'll do wonders for our member numbers.

[edit on 2006-9-6 by wecomeinpeace]

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Maybe they said 'was' because she no longer is an actress or singer. Heck .. I didn't even know she did anything except strut around and spend dad's money. She actually earned some of her own money? Really? What did she write and what did she act in?

I agree .. the 'was' sounds strange. But I think it may be because she hasn't done anything recently. Kinda like a 'has been'. Although usually once you've authoried something you are always called an author.

[edit on 9/6/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by bg_socalif
She's not dead, but with all that weight she lost, she looks like a walking corpse.

Yep, she's half the girl she used to be back in the first season of Simple Life with Paris. Paris knows how to pull of the skinny look, but Nicloe looks like a poster girl for a Nazi concentration camp.

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 10:29 AM
link   
If she doesnt get help, she'll soon be dead.

Prophetic? Maybe.

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by HarlemHottie
I've always wondered whether she's Lionel Richie's biological kid, or if she was adopted.

She's not the biological daughter of Lionel Richie. He was a friend of her parents I believe, and adopted her to provide a better life.

As for her death, if nothing changes in her lifestyle it may very well be something we read about in the future. Her weight issues are disturbing and her figure is tough to look at. Back when she had a bit of a figure, she was not that bad off in the looks department.

Today, its just wrong.

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Well, I don't know if she's dead, although I doubt it. Her "career" is pretty much dead. Maybe that's what they meant.
And I know this sounds really mean, but if she were dead, how many people would know aside from her close family?

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I think it was just a prank by somebody, who thinks she's way tooooooooo thin. Someone give her anything she would love to eat. Heck, I'd cook a meal for her to make her feel better. But I feel sorry for her doing this to herself, just to fit in with her rich and famous friends.
:shk:

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Is Nicole Richie DEAD?

No....but I think she is as close as you can get to dead while still being able to walk around!

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 01:21 PM
link   
The pressure on these starlets, or would-be starlets, or even never-will-be starlets to be thin is incredible...

"Everyone must be, repeat must be a size four" is the mantra of celebrity these days. Is it any wonder that 5'8" or taller women are literally starving themselves to death? Not just starlets, or wanna be's either. Looked at some of the young, and not so young women, running around these days buying diet aides? It is a truely scarey, and often times deadly, trend.

No, she isn't dead...yet. Intervention needs to happen soon.

new topics

top topics

join