It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO over China - suddenly disappears - August 17 2006 (great quality)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 12:59 AM
link   
The 'halo' / pixelation around the outside of the craft still intrigues me. Similar to the Bulgarian UFO that did the rounds on ATS about a year ago. There was a similar reaction, most were quick to dismiss as cgi and that's fair enough. But there were also a few who would consider that maybe it could be an authentic encounter. On both occasions, the craft recognised it was spotted and took off in a hurry.

I am also a little indifferent on this. Swaying towards fake, swaying towards real. Swaying back towards fake again. I'd really like to see the raw original camera footage - before the compression took hold of it - this goes for the Bulgaria clip as well. I'm thinking if it's real, there's definitely stealth technology going on that Phil Schneider referred to as being 1200 years ahead of our time. I welcome all opinions and insight, does anyone share the view we are (possibly) seeing a partial materialisation then a complete "flash" followed by a dematerialisation?

L3X

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Is a fake look at the border of the ship

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 02:51 AM
link   
The trouble is that it is so simple to fake things like this with even cheap software. Can we actually beleive anything we see anymore ?
I think it is fake.

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 03:46 AM
link   
A few years ago I used to mess around with my freinds video camera and i figured out how to edit in gun flashes without much technical wizardry. I simply got a still from the movie and put in paint, used paintbrush or whatever to make a firey flash coming from the gun barrel and spliced a couple frames of those into the movie. Easiest thing in the world with surprising results.

The flash on this looks exactly like it.

Also the craft itself is extremely blurry and is surrounded by blue pixels forming a rectangle around it and they dont quite blend in with the color of the sky. Look really carefully and you'll see what i mean.

My opinion? Fake.

And it takes pretty unbelievable evidence for me to completely rule something like that out.

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by RiotComing
The 'halo' / pixelation around the outside of the craft still intrigues me. Similar to the Bulgarian UFO that did the rounds on ATS about a year ago.

Well the Bulgarian one was done differently. For that one, a 3d model was generated and then the video frames brought into the modeling program as a backdrop. Matte materials were used to overlay the buildings so the 3D model could go behind them. Once the animation was done, the whole scene is re-rendered in the 3d program, complete with fake zooms and lightings/haze.

This one appears to have been done using a flat "sprite", where the image/animation of the disc is on a flat series of images and alpha channel masked so it's background square dissapears...however as you can see it wasnt done very well. Once the flat animation of the disc is done, it's re-rendered into the scene and masking applied. What you see there is a flat animation as opposed to a 3d generated object composited. With it being flat he didnt have to worry about matching the lighting...note that it doesnt appear to be dimensional, it looks flat with no highlights, which adds to a fake appearance.

I hope that makes sense.

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 04:09 AM
link   
lol, definately fake ... open it in premiere and zoom in on "the abject", the edge of "the disc" compared with the background ... it's been put over the video ... can't get any more clear than this ...

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 04:13 AM
link   
This is definitely real. My mom is psychic and she verified.

Anyone who disagrees that this is real is obviously working for some government cover up. You people make me sick.

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 04:58 AM
link   
It looks fake to me. The flash of lights just before shooting off. Ask yourself, why would a vehicle getting ready to jet out, flash its light to gain a presence. It just doesn't seem right.

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite8
It looks fake to me. The flash of lights just before shooting off. Ask yourself, why would a vehicle getting ready to jet out, flash its light to gain a presence. It just doesn't seem right.

Hazarding a guess, maybe they aren't 'lights' as such, but a booster system to extract energy from the zero point quantum vacuum to ensure a quick getaway!

Jritzmann - good points again, it is a flat-textured object which raises suspicion. I'd really love to find out more from the originator of the clip, a bit of background on the incident, witnesses, even a translation of the voices would be something. And I'd also like to see the cameras continue rolling, to interview witnesses or gague the public reaction etc. Why is it these clips always stop dead in the heat of the moment? I've been watching this clip over and over, the more I look at it the more I want more details. Frustration grows. Googling brings up dead ends. The place where I found it, www.metacafe.com... is just a circular dead end of flaming and schoolboy humour. Nobody seems to know where this clip has come from, sadly.

On the likelihood it is a fake, chances are the information I seek is thin on the ground.. non-existent.

Is a fake look at the border of the ship

I too am skeptical of this, but I don't think this is a valid avenue of debunkment, it's just a common colour-bleed artifact in video reproduction - I was just watching this Al Bielek interview on Google Video for instance here and as you can see, their heads 'bleed' or blur into the lighter background of the wall, causing a shadow around the edges. Same with most videos, and same with that Bulgarian ufo. Doesn't help being compressed 'n' all too.

[edit on 4-9-2006 by RiotComing]

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by brill
Can anyone translate what they are saying? ~snip~
brill

My wife can.

FWIW,

woman: Hurry up, come here!
What is that up there?
man: Where, where?
woman: Over there! Over there! What is that?
In the north side of the sky.
*blip, ufo disappears*

[edit on 4-9-2006 by tjack]

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by tjack

My wife can.

FWIW,

woman: Hurry up, come here!
What is that up there?
man: Where, where?
woman: Over there! Over there! What is that?
In the north side of the sky.
*blip, ufo disappears*

Tjack
many thanks to you and your wife.

but by any chance did the people say anything after the object disapeared?

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedGolem

but by any chance did the people say anything after the object disapeared?

No words were spoken between the ufo's disappearance and the end of the video clip.

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 07:54 AM
link   
First, being a Graphic Artist this is real easy to call... it's a fake. But, I do wish to say that it's not the only object in the vid with pixelation. Around the building is also pixelated... yet that is also what shows this to be fake. Look at the difference in the way the pixels look around both... one is blocked (ufo) and the other is scattered (building) and this is not from differences in lighting or distance. This vid is taken with a digital camera... digital camera's can focus on multiple objects at different distances at the same time. Meaning... the ufo should be in the same focus as the building... no matter what... and it isn't.

Second, I did read a few replies asking why nothing was said when it blipped off the screen... if you would notice, there is less than a full second after the blip that the vid ends... almost impossible to get a reaction in that little time.

I'd like to thank the poster for putting this up though... it is always fun and interesting to see UFO vids... whether fakes or real. I believe real soon that the government will be unclassifying what it knows on UFO's... most likely because of an event too big for them to cover up... lets all hope anyways. Till then, guess we have to keep guessing what is real and what is fake. Good post bro... keep it up.

~Candyman~

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 08:18 AM
link   
here is a pic i got of the frame with the lights, about two frames later and i would have caught the whit blur that apeared for a frame.

i51.photobucket.com...

looks like it's kinda square froom te light positions.

edit: oh, someone posted te frames. I am a bit skeptic since seems to not get smaller when zoomed out.

[edit on 4-9-2006 by Rappa Z]

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 09:46 AM
link   
that square is the energy field surrounding the craft. I have seen alot of UFO's I think I would know this type of stuff ok? Without that square like energy field, crafts like these cannot go into warp kinetic overdrive, as illustrated by the video.

My mom is psychic, she also says its real. You guys dont listen do u.

TG

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I dont think its fake at all. Just because something looks faked doesnt mean it is. Ive seen videos of craft that have departed in an almost identical way to that craft. Its very interesting video.

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Wow, that was quite an interesting video...

however, i can't help but think there's something "off" with that flash of light before it disappears. I was clearly able to see thar ring of lights for just a second - i don't know that part looks like it some kind of special effects. and the date stamp in the corner - never seen one like that before.

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stevo_Devo
here is a link to 3 frames of the film as it vanishes.

www.upshizzle.com...

Thank you Stevo. Hopefully this will stuff the many hater's mouth's for a while
Anybody can claim something without a source, without documentation, capitalize most words, adding !'s a bit everywhere and a few 'You guys are all tools for believing this" Or "Anyone who believes this is a total idiot" .. Whatever.. those comments and arguments have always been worth nothing. People are scared of being wrong. Their emotions run away from it. It's much easier.

[edit on 4-9-2006 by La Balance]

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Interesting post and thanks for putting it up.

Educational as well to see the expertise of some members in pointing out areas that show the video as being faked.

With the tools at the disposal of most of us nowadays, it's gonna be tough to get a well done fake to be accepted as real.

I'm a believer in UFO's, having had a couple of interesting experiences with them while working at a power company substation, but sadly, no photos.

That said, it is disappointing considering the plethora of quality camera's out there nowadays that take good, clear and well focused photos that out of a hundred shots you'd think we could get one clear one.

It seems that almost always UFO photos are poorly focused.

I think I could do a better fake with a couple of hot rod Moon Discs, a few machine screws and my little digi-cam....

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by nephyx
My mom is psychic, she also says its real.

Actually, I just called up my mother, who happens to be a psychic.... I emailed her this the link to this video and she can confirm absolutely without a doubt, based on her psychic abilities, that this is definately FAKE. Tell your mom to stop being such a fraud... she's giving my mom a bad name.

In all seriousness, this thread is EXACTLY what we need here at ATS. I definately believe in aliens and I believe in the UFO phenomenon... but it will NEVER be taken seriously by the mainstream unless those who DO believe in them are willing to judge the phenomenon on a case-by-case basis using facts and logic. As stated by another poster, some of us aren't cgi-experts... I'm certainly not. So I absolutely appreciate the serious responses that were posted... I don't know anything about cgi but the points brought up in this thread make it quite obvious that it's a hoax.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join