It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Purpose of god..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I'm starting to think that god was created by man to bring order to all those issues man has no control over, the universe, origin of man as well as death. Does anyone think that a singular being cares about the individual person or animal for that matter. Maybe humans just need to accept the fluke of the universe that is our exsistence and forget about putting our faith in things that may not be there

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I gotta disagree. I kno that politicians have used religions to try and gain an advantage, but u can't tell me that Jesus Christ ain't real. I don't care if u found a scroll that was dated to 33 AD sayin' that Christ never existed. I have seen Christ wit my own eyes, so I can't say he's not real. Also, I recieve too many blessin' from Him to call him "not real". Have u ever had no money and no food? Well, I have. And sumhow I always get taken care of. When we're late on a bill and tha power will be shut that day, sumhow we get money from sumwhere that pays for that bill. Or I culd not have any food, only to get food later that day. A perfect example of this is last week. We really needed our car, but it was in tha impound lot and we needed was a ride. Well, I got on my knees and prayed that we culd get a car and that we wuld be able to pay our rent, which was $500. Well, within an hour, 2 people came to give us a ride and tha Salvation Army agreed to pay most of our rent. U can call it coincidences, but I've had too many "coincidences" in my life to believe otherwise.

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 12:58 AM
link   
you have actually seen christ with your own eyes

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by PaperChaser
I gotta disagree. I kno that politicians have used religions to try and gain an advantage, but u can't tell me that Jesus Christ ain't real. I don't care if u found a scroll that was dated to 33 AD sayin' that Christ never existed. I have seen Christ wit my own eyes, so I can't say he's not real. Also, I recieve too many blessin' from Him to call him "not real". Have u ever had no money and no food? Well, I have. And sumhow I always get taken care of. When we're late on a bill and tha power will be shut that day, sumhow we get money from sumwhere that pays for that bill. Or I culd not have any food, only to get food later that day. A perfect example of this is last week. We really needed our car, but it was in tha impound lot and we needed was a ride. Well, I got on my knees and prayed that we culd get a car and that we wuld be able to pay our rent, which was $500. Well, within an hour, 2 people came to give us a ride and tha Salvation Army agreed to pay most of our rent. U can call it coincidences, but I've had too many "coincidences" in my life to believe otherwise.
One your eyes are not 100% reliable. Two don't give credit to someone else for something you did. Three you can have many "coincidences", there is no limite cap on coincidences. (Note I am not anti-christian but, I fell the need to post an altrenative to your reason of event to help keep this discution open minded.)

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Halfmask, excuse me for saying this but telling someone that their faith is nothing more than a string of coincidences doesn't seem all that "open-minded" to me. If you are really open-minded, you will consider that what PaperChaser says is true and give them the benefit of the doubt, until contrary evidence is available. Just my donation to keeping this discussion open-minded. Thanks.

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Does anyone here lost their faith in religion or have found it, interested in hearing

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormrider
Halfmask, excuse me for saying this but telling someone that their faith is nothing more than a string of coincidences doesn't seem all that "open-minded" to me. If you are really open-minded, you will consider that what PaperChaser says is true and give them the benefit of the doubt, until contrary evidence is available. Just my donation to keeping this discussion open-minded. Thanks.
I am not telling them that there faith "IS" nothing more than a string of coincidences. I am saying it is a possiblity that it is. That is why I said "(Note I am not anti-christian but, I fell the need to post an altrenative to your reason of event to help keep this discution open minded.)" I am simply pointing out the other possible side to this. I am not Christian and I am not Athesit either. I am just putting up the Athesit piont of view to get this discution going.

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by tommy1979
I'm starting to think that god was created by man to bring order to all those issues man has no control over, the universe, origin of man as well as death. Does anyone think that a singular being cares about the individual person or animal for that matter. Maybe humans just need to accept the fluke of the universe that is our exsistence and forget about putting our faith in things that may not be there

i used to think like that too.

first off, if god was created by man to bring order to issues man has no control over, than what about before man existed?

i'll explain this as brief as possible.

first of all, god cannot be understood logically. the mind cannot figure out what god IS. its impossible. you can KNOW what goes is by using your inituition. but you cant figure god out. God is everything. God is the everything, whether seen or unseen. God is the mathematical formula of the infinite universe.
we do not have to go to church or leave anywhere to be with god, because god exist with each of us.

there is a reason you feel like that.
it's becuase the truth is being supressed.

those who plan to rule this world are the ones hiding everything.

if you're wondering why they would hide the truth. well thats simple. CONTROL.
thats the main thing.
if you have a planet of dumb and uninformed beings, than itd be easy to manipulate them of course.
this is exactly whats happening right now.
people are being controled with fear. and also becuase you have the people who just want to believe what the majority and not question anything. they are all sheep.
we are super intelligent beings living what we think is an average life.
we have sooo much potential, but dont have the sources to this information.
all we can do for now is spread awareness. more and more people are becoming more aware that there is alot wrong with the world, and that there is alot more to the world than this physical reality.

i believe by 2012 we began entering the golden age. there will only be two ways of life. to become a purely spiritual being, or a purely physical being.

people will be tempted by the advanced technology in the future, which could enable physical immorality/amplified intelligence/telepathy etc...

sounds pretty cool and all, but you will be imprisioned in your own mind.

everyone will be told that we have no soul, that our brain is our soul... which is a LIE.

we have our mind AND soul. our mind only controls logic and computes for us. it is a tool. but our mind does not create our soul.
you CAN be conscious outside of your physical body. i know cuz ive done it a few times. its called astral projection. and anyone can do it.

point is we have a soul which means we can be conscious outside of our own physical body.

dont be fooled in the future....

it maybe a while from now... but it will happen.

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Tommy1979 check out this thread...
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Faith is a subjective and ongoing experience, and therefore, you can't really loose it, only perhaps misplace it.

As to God, you have to make your own decisions of course, but I personally would have a really hard time buying that muck just up and crawls out of muck and realizes it is muck just out of some completely random cosmic cooincidence. The very most basic building blocks of life are AMINO Acids, check the thread out.

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I used to question whether God existed or not, but one day I realized that God exists. I decided to take a look at my life because I felt that I wasn't at a point in my life where I felt I should be. What got to me was that when I was broke or hungry or I just felt lost, I was always taken cared of. It was at that time that I realized that God is great. I pray to God everyday, even for little things, and I'm at a much happier person now.

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Religion makes scared ignorant or poor people happy! Yay for religion!

top topics

join