It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

very high altitude lights in sky at night

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 12:16 AM
link   
where i live i cannot see the starts extremely clear becouse of alot of lights in the area.
but last week i was out in the middle of no where in NY and i was looking up at the sky out there there are 10 times mroe starts and much clearer. i also noticed while staring up very high up points of light like a start moving accross the sky at a farily high speed.

I know they are not shooting starts or meteors becouse they did not burn out they were not that fast and i could see them until they were out of sight. they were not regular planes becouse there is about 5-10 planes passing over every few mins. i was about 40 miles outside of syracuse NY. and the plance were clearly visible as they had mutliple lights and red lights.

I saw about 4 of these lights fly very high im not sure in or out of the athmosphere flying much faster then a high altitude plane. Are tehse satellites are they visible as big as a medium bright star or are these other objects flying around.

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 12:24 AM
link   
They are possibly transatlantic airliners going up the eastern seaboard, perhaps farther inland to avoid storms in New England.

Usually flights from the continental U.S to Europe will go by route of along the Atlantic seaboard of Canada and New England to Greenland, along Greenland Coast to Ireland, Britain and then from there (if not already landing at those locations).

Perhaps they were all forced to go on one corridor?

Could also be military flight.

[edit on 26-8-2006 by Augmenter]

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 12:51 AM
link   
They sound like satellites cosidering they travel a constant path that you can follow until "out of sight".

A good place to check for satellites is Heavens Above. If you you have a pretty good idea of the time you see something and your location it is easy to identify exactly what satellite you're seeing. It even has star charts to confirm the track observed.

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I see those quite often and they are indeed satalites. they are about the same luminosity as other stars around them and move accross the sky a bit faster than the average high altitude jet liner. Sometimes not as fast as others... Some in fact I have seen move quite slowly but always at a constant straight pace.

Toc

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaso109
where i live i cannot see the starts extremely clear becouse of alot of lights in the area.
but last week i was out in the middle of no where in NY and i was looking up at the sky out there there are 10 times mroe starts and much clearer. i also noticed while staring up very high up points of light like a start moving accross the sky at a farily high speed.

I know they are not shooting starts or meteors becouse they did not burn out they were not that fast and i could see them until they were out of sight. they were not regular planes becouse there is about 5-10 planes passing over every few mins. i was about 40 miles outside of syracuse NY. and the plance were clearly visible as they had mutliple lights and red lights.

I saw about 4 of these lights fly very high im not sure in or out of the athmosphere flying much faster then a high altitude plane. Are tehse satellites are they visible as big as a medium bright star or are these other objects flying around.

If they are going in straight line, without making abrupt direction changes, it's most likely satellites. Next time this happends, you can try to focus your thought on the visible light and ask mentally for a direction change. It's been reported a few times that the ET Spacecraft can connect with your thoughts and react to your thoughts and even lights.

[edit on 26-8-2006 by Toc]

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I used to live a hour and a half north of Syracuse, it's very nice because of all the stars you can see, it's really beautiful. But you can clearly see Satellites and aircraft, there have been a few instances when otherwise has been the case but

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I vote for satellites, too. They're fun to see racing across the heavens, something manmade in space.

I did remember, however, a time years ago, when I saw three pinpoints of yellow light next to each other moving south to north at what seemed a high altitude. I thought, not satellites, maybe military, maybe just a jet going to land in the area. Then all of a sudden the lights on the left and right went 90degs to the east and west, the one in the middle continued northward. Still scratching my head over that one.

new topics

top topics

join