It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Agent Orange?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I know a little bit about the chemical nick named "Agent Orange". I know it is a pestcide and I also know it was used in vietnamn in operation ranch hand, " don't quote me not quite sure.". I also know it had devastsing effects to those people that came in contact with it. if any one as any mor info on agent orange or more details can u please share. thanks.

P.S. Please excuse my grammar, I suck.

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Agent Orange was the nickname given to a powerful herbicide and defoliant used by the U.S. military in its Herbicidal Warfare program during the Vietnam War. Agent Orange was used from 1961 to 1971, and was by far the most used of the so-called "rainbow herbicides" used during the program. Agent Orange (as well as Agents Purple, Pink, Blue, White, and Green) contained dioxins which are alleged to have caused harm to the health of those exposed during the Vietnam War. Studies of populations highly exposed to dioxin indicate increased risk of various types of cancer and genetic mistakes; the effect of long term low level exposure has not been established. Since the 1980s, several lawsuits have been filed against the companies who produced Agent Orange, among them being Dow Chemical and Monsanto. U.S. veterans obtained $180 million in compensation in 1984, while Australian, Canadian and New Zealand veterans also obtained compensation in an out-of-court settlement the same year. In 1999, 20,000 South Koreans filed a lawsuit in Korea; in January 2006, the Korean Appeal Court ordered Monsanto and Dow to pay $62 million in compensation to about 6,800 people. However, no Vietnamese have obtained compensation, and on March 10, 2005 Judge Jack Weinstein of Brooklyn Federal Court dismissed the lawsuit filed by the Vietnamese victims of Agent Orange against the chemical companies that produced the defoliants/herbicides.

Agent Orange - Wikipedia

Vietnam

My Dad, Vietnam, and an Average Age of 52

NZ Researchers Believe Agent Orange Caused Widespread Genetic Damage

ATS Google search - Agent Orange

ATS boolean search - Agent Orange

I don't the the boolean search link works, but then, Ive never understood how to use that thing. Anyway, I hope it's helpful.

[edit on 25/8/06 by Implosion]

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 04:21 PM
link   
thanks thats super useful.

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Does any one have any information about the testing of agent orange in Costa Rico?
Is the effects of the chemicals still being felt there?

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 07:24 PM
link   
A man my parents know (won't get into names) served in Vietnam as an engineer. He remembers being exposed to it on a regular basis.... anyways there daughter died shortly after birth due to massive birth defects. The cause of death was atributed to a genitic disorder from ( the fathers) exposer to the substance

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I had a father in law who died from cancer which they say was caused by exposure to agent orange 19 years ago - funny thing is he has a twin brother who did not go to war who is fine and healthy still today. By the way my Mom could not ever get pregnant by him but she has four healty children by my Father.

top topics

join