It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there a blog contest or not?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 10:35 PM
link   
There's been so much hype in the ATS blogging community about this highly anticipated contest. So what gives, is there a blog contest or not?

The suspense is killing me!

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 01:58 AM
link   
I'm with Maria... All the bloggers are sitting on the edge of their seats, holding their breaths... Some of them are getting a bit blue in the face... Should we exhale?

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 05:20 AM
link   
I wish there was something that would tell us. I only knew about it because of what was said orginally. Other than that, I am much in dark as you guys are.

And yes, Gem, let's exhale.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I posted somewhere in the announcement thread that the initial voting is pushed back to late August due to a slightly slower than exected launch, and some concerns there wouldn't be enough time to experiment with the design features of the new blogging system.

We're still on!

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Ah... So it's true...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
However, given the slow start of some of the blogs (and to give members a little more time to generate content), we're going to push the initial voting dates back to August 30. Stay tuned for more details.

So we can breathe for a couple more days...

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Excellent news! Thanks for taking the lead and posting the questin Maria_Starhust! I was actually thinking that the 'powers that be' (i.e. the Three Amigos) had quietly decided to push back the voting to see if bloggers kept blogging even though it appeared there was no contest. I know, silly thought... I'm ashamed of myself

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Oh dear! I tripped over something and accidentally BUMPed right into this thread. Clumsy me!

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Gemwolf, you really need to watch where you're going. Now I'm tripping over you! Sorry if I stepped on your foot, it was quite unintentional.

By the way, have you heard whether or not there is a blog contest? I imagine we're not the only bloggers wondering about this.

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by maria_stardust
By the way, have you heard whether or not there is a blog contest? I imagine we're not the only bloggers wondering about this.

I should have posted an update.

Yes there will be a contest. However, I'm a bit delayed in preparing the voting process as we're currently having some problems with our provider of dedicated servers, and are considering moving all 5 servers to a different/new provider.

More details on the contest soon.

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 08:14 AM
link   
If the blog contest doesn't happen until like X-mas does that mean the prizes will be changed to something newer at the time?

One can hope.

Okay.. Im gonna go hide behind my blog now.

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by NephraTari
If the blog contest doesn't happen until like X-mas does that mean the prizes will be changed to something newer at the time?

What were the prizes? I seem to have forgotten.

Although, it would be nice if one of the prizes of the blog contest were some ATS Points!

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 10:44 AM
link   
If I can go by one comment on my blog, I might have to assume that I have the humor category locked up.

This has to be the funniest blog entry ever!

I've been slacking of late.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by DCFusion

Originally posted by NephraTari

What were the prizes? I seem to have forgotten.

Although, it would be nice if one of the prizes of the blog contest were some ATS Points!
It was a psp package with all the bells and whistles.. perhaps now a wii?

I can dream can't I?

top topics

join