It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oswald, did he really do it?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 12:37 AM
link   
So, here I am stranded in Ft. Worth for three weeks. So, I decide to drive over the the School Book Depository, where Oswald shot Kennedy. There is now a museum there creatively named "The Sixth Floor Museum."

All I wanted to do was take a picture from the window where Oswald took his shots. First, the window was blocked off, but the window next to it was really just as good.

The thing is this, though, you're not allowed to take pictures in the building at all. You have to check all cell phones, camera, and video cameras at the front before entering the museum. COMPLETE BULL.

I see no good reason for it either; they don't even sell picture of that view.

Anyhow, the museum is nothing but a collection of pictures, videos, and mostily writing that anyone who had grown up in America has seen in school, on TV, et cetera.

It was worth while to be able to look down from the window and see the spot where the President was killed. At both ofthe points where Kennedy was struck, there is a white 'X' painted on the street.

On TV they always make the shot that Oswald took seem difficult or almost impossible. Standing there, looking down at the spot, it's a very easy shot for a slow moving target. I think that I probably could have made the shot myself.

Long story short, I used to believe that both Kennedy murders were a linked conspiracy. Having seen the shot and read up on my physics: Oswald did it.

One an interesting note, nearly all of the cars driving on the three lane street below swirved to avoid the two white X's. Some even stopped completely and waited for cars to pass when it was impossible for them to swirve due to traffic.

Mod edit/removed profanity

U2U'd

[edit on 16-8-2006 by masqua]

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Awesome because I could care less and neither did John F. Kennedy Jr. about the actual truth of it all. Personally, the whole ordeal scares me to no end. I mean really, all this fasination about murder and death gives me a constant renewed respect for I guess humanity in general. While it is extremely doubtful that the perfectly sane Harvey Oswald had with him the necessary gumption in going about such a terrible crime, your expirience is quite interesting nevertheless.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 01:48 AM
link   
I don't think the major issue is the distance. It's the fact that the bullets took such impossible paths, and that Kennedy's brains blew out the back of his head.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by wecomeinpeace
I don't think the major issue is the distance. It's the fact that the bullets took such impossible paths, and that Kennedy's brains blew out the back of his head.

Yes. I was meaning to say that, but the dammed footage and even the mere sight of Dealey Plaza has always had me spooked.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Rev Paine,

Thats great that you were able to visit the Depository. I have a question though.
From what I understand the tree that was directly in the path was in bloom in nov when kennedy was shot. I believe it is some kind of oak. The shot would be more or less obscured would it not? All the leaves and branches would invariably alter the flight path of the bullet. Are you still there? If so, could you find out the type of tree and post back about it? Ive always wanted to go there myself. It's cool that you were able to.

general points
The old italian bolt action rifle in 15 seconds trick, always seemed odd to me. Why not take the shot before they make the turn when he is coming right towards the book depository giving him a brilliant shot that he could have taken his time with.

I am sorry but as long as I live and breath I will absolutly refuse to believe that a bullet can travel through a tree in bloom; make seven entry and exit wounds in 2 people and show up in almost pristine condition the next day on a hospital gurny.

I also fail to understand why the autopsy was so screwed up. Why the Chief Pathologist was not aloud to do his job and was being told what to do by generals and admirals who had no medical credentials.

Not to mention the fact that Time Life, when subpeoned, said that the presidents brain was "missing".

Im not tryin to jump on anyone here. Just alot of unanswered questions still lingering after 50+ years.

thank you for your time.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Well, I've been reading Ulimate Sacrifice by Lamar Waldron and Thom Hartmann and it is very interesting. Quite an involved book. MOstly goes on the theory that the Kennedy assasination begins with a plan to overthrow Castro in the '50s.

Basically, the jist is, the mob had Kennedy killed. There were two other attempts before Dallas, also.

Again, still reading the book. It's something like 800 pages...not the light summer reading I thought it was going to be...

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Sounds like an interesting visit there to see what Oswald saw. I believe Oswald was a shooter; but not THE shooter. There clearly was another gunmen as evidenced by the reaction of JFK's head that was mentioned earlier in the thread. As for who the hidden conspirators were; I personally am growing more fond of the banking establishment taking action against JFK for his desire to take back control of the currency. But, I can also see merit in the CIA, Russian, mafia, and Cuba theories as well. The one thing I can say for sure is that the Warren Commission report isn't worth the paper its printed on and the binding it is bound to.

[edit on 16-8-2006 by BennyHill]

new topics

top topics

join