It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whinners Of The World...Unite.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 06:36 PM
link   
That's right.

The time has come when if you do not agree with the National ID, if you dont agree with the lastest boggey man, if you do not bow to George, you're nothing around here. You're nuts.

Well, i hereby declare myself nuts. Insane.

I'm a mental case. There you have it.

Anyone else crazy on these boards???? Because i am. I cannot even post an opinion lately, because i get called a whinner.

I will not give anyone the satisfaction of going along with what others think or pretend to think just to make me popular, or generally liked. I dont play those games. Either you put up with who i am, tolerate me, like me, or keep your insults to yourself.

I am proud to say i am my own woman.

Tough cookies if you do not agree with me. This is a debate board the last time i checked, but lately its ATS "A" for attack.

Give me the courtesy of letting me voice my opinions, which are what i feel.
You can debate me, but you dont have to make me feel like an idiot.

Here's some news for you; Half this country feels like i do. They do not trust this government as far as we can throw it....so there must be some truth in how i feel.
I'm not 'UNIQUE'

Thanks for the courtesy.

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Latest example:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Tough cookies if you do not agree with me. This is a debate board the last time i checked, but lately its ATS "A" for attack.

Too @#$% bad. I'm not alone in my feelings of this, in case you havent noticed.

Outbursts like that help solve the attack how? If you have a fire you want putting out, you don't go throw more fuel upon it. If you want to stop the attacks, the first place to look is at yourself.

Swearing like that, won't help the thread stay on topic. It won't help people to see a logical and resonable debate. If the other side can only shout, scream, kick up a fuss than let them do that but do not resort to their level. Those who view ATS are the ones who will see you can hold a logical debate - so do so.

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 07:39 PM
link   
My "fire" is ignited lately by those who oppose my point of view. They're disrespectful and obnoxious.

I stated what i did to see how i came across???? Not very nice, i must say.

Pretty disgusting.

I have been complaining about this for quite awhile now. There is absolutely no respect here anymore- unless you're on the side of those who happen to post how wonderful Bush is.

Look at some of the posts...they contain @#$% plus lots more.

When is this going to stop???? When i go away? When the opposing people go away???

I'm sick of the undermining and the lack of respect for one another here.

I am entittled to an opinion, so is everyone else. Should i refer to people i think got it all wrong as idiots, whiners, would that make it even? No.

A lot is said here about how to behave and following the rules. well, how come some brake them on a consistent manner, daily???????

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Not trying to be inflamatory here DG but your style does seem to bring out some strong responses. I agree with Odiums response. Sorry.

Sounds like you need to visit the hug thread. Oh what the heck here's one anyway :hug:

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I have one for you too, dg.

*HUG*

Chill sweetie - I don't see anyone picking on you. Maybe your stress is just a sign of the times.

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I agree with you Dg, I see the same people going after you over and over.

I am just honest.

Sometimes certain comments from certain people do not warrant any responses at all.

Ignore them Dg.

You have to understand that you are doing what you always do, but when it hits a nerve on somebody they just react, but with that reaction they want to bring the worst on you.

Do not let them win my friend.

I know how you feel I understand your Latino temper.

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Ditto with what Marg said. Use that ignore button because there has been a lot of illogical postings going on, where they contradict themselves again and again with somehow or another gaining more support for their own contradictions. Ignore them and let them look silly alone.

I do however find that there are some that are going right on the edge of the T&C and watching how far they can push. It doesn't help, but I have a feeling that is how it's got to be on the net.

Hugs to you sweetheart! I got your back, and I'll be a nutcase along side you any day!

I see people even posting that they have no love for Arabs, which I find to be very offensive, those people just get dropped to "ignore", otherwise, we'll only get inflamed. *hugs to you again*

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 08:41 PM
link   

You have voted dgtempe for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

I hope my gift of a WATS and a steamy tin-mug of best British tea (two sugars?) re-assures you that you are not alone...I'm absolutely with you against the National ID. My brand new UK passport with its fancy biometric data chip has already met Mr Microwave!

"I am not a number, I am a free man" 'The Prisoner'

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 11:45 PM
link   
DG,

You have an absolute right to voice your opinion and I'll have words with anyone that says otherwise!!!!!!!

Frequently we disagree, but you are articulate, intelligent and fun to debate with. Those are facts and those that can not see this are really missing out on life on the board.

I do AGREE with you 100% in regards to the national ID. VAL too. the SSN was NEVER intended to be 1/10 of what it has become and I will NEVER!!!! Submit to having to "CARRY MY PAPERS" where ever I go. Last time I checked, this was not Nazi Germany.

Keep fighting your good fight DG. I will always support your right to!!!!

Semper

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
I do AGREE with you 100% in regards to the national ID. VAL too. the SSN was NEVER intended to be 1/10 of what it has become and I will NEVER!!!! Submit to having to "CARRY MY PAPERS" where ever I go. Last time I checked, this was not Nazi Germany.

Semper

Howdy bro. How's it goin?

I read that part of your post, and just had to respond. While I agree with everyone here on the national ID being a bad idea, I'm not sure how exactly we can prevent it from happening if those in power want it to. They're even pushing for RFID tags in our license plates and bodies. I guess, if we thought about it really hard, we'd realize that our cell phones have a GPS on in them.

911 are the only ones that are supposed to have access to it, but if the government came in and asked for info on someone's location, do you think the police would hesitate?? I didn't think so either. So now, Semper, I quote that last sentence of your's above yet again. "Last time I checked, this was not Nazi Germany." This may not be as true a statement as you might like it to be. I'd love to know that the government couldn't access that information if I didn't want them to have it, but I know that Big Brother wants to keep track of his little minions. This provides the means, while using the same old fear tactic of telling the people that if they didn't have it, that they'd have a hard time being found by 911 in the event of an accident, to keep the people in constant check.

As for the topic, I think people are less tolerant than they used to be as a result of all of this fighting. It has us all on edge, mostly cause we're getting nothing out of this. All it's getting us are more bodies being sent back in bags. A lot of good is being done in Iraq right now, true, but it's easily overshadowed by all of the bad stuff.

Just my take on things at this minute. Thanks for listening, as always.

TheBorg

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 02:35 AM
link   
I can't wait for national IDs wooohoooooo! Yeah, even though we don't agree on all issues, you shouldn't take all things too seriously. I mean come on...have a little fun before the world ends. LOL

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 03:00 AM
link   
DG, I read the thread. All I can say is stick to your guns and fight for what you believe in. If you give in to those who try to shout you down, then they win. And you don't want them to win, do you? Believe me, no one truly wants a National ID because it is contrary to the American way. Not only that, it does remind one of fascism.

To me, this issue is yet another sign that it's time we get the people sponsoring this type of "Orwellian" dictatorship out.

I'd go down the House or Senate "roll call". Whoever voted on this legislation is on a list to be voted out of office. If they want to do something against my Constitutional rights, they do not deserve to serve in office. Simple. It's time for them to go. Lieberman first. The rest is waiting.

They have repeatedly done damage to not only the country, but ourselves. And if this doesn't cause outrage, then I think that nothing will.

Keep on fighting, my friend. And don't let them get you down.

[edit on 15-8-2006 by ceci2006]

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Bah, don't let 'em get to you DG. I've seen what you're talking about though and I've been on the receiving end of it myself from time to time. I think you're a fine ATS'er and a credit to the community. If you get frustrated with the naysayers and skeptics and their tactics, don't argue with them, it's pointless and frustrating. Instead, just close your eyes and picture them typing naked.

If you get mad, then they have done exactly what they set out to do, and you hand them an invitation to do it again on another thread.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Thank you, people. Thank you for your support. It gets frustrating to come home and read what a nut i am for believing certain things.

I'm sorry, i didnt want a drama event. This place means so much to me, and i do have a lot of friends here.

ValHall, I appreciate a hug from you. Thank you.
Marg, I love you, and i know what you mean about the latin temper.

Niteboy, Thanks for your undying support-love you too.
Twitchy- Thanks for being there for me

Thanks to all the rest.

Maybe Val is right, maybe i have too much stress. I just started a new job and i'm very tired.

To the rest of you out there who keep breaking the rules here by insulting people, and name calling, i urge you to please stop. Things are going to get much worse before they get better....and when you oppose what others say, you should debate them, ask why they feel a certain way, etc., instead of coming out swinging and ridiculing people. It would make for a nicer community.

One more thing worth mentioning: I have nobody to talk about these things to. I have lots of friends and family but none care to discuss anything we post on these boards. No one i know is interested in any world events to the point they would want to discuss it. So, yes, this is why i come here, to be with people of like minds and people willing to discuss issues. ATS is very important to me, as you can see.

[edit on 15-8-2006 by dgtempe]

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 05:35 AM
link   
BORG!!!! Hey how you doin????

I only know of one way to combat the institution of more "Big Brother" tactics. Vote.

The only problem with that is the seemingly identical candidates we are routinely given to vote for. Now the Supreme Court appears to be eroding away our Civil Liberties on a regular basis.

I do know one thing. The apparent complacent attitude of some on this issue, is dangerous. Historically, Governments have depended on complacency in order to institute change that may be controversial. We all know what happens when we refuse to learn from history!

Semper

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Awww DG your last post was a heart breaker, you sound totally stressed sounds like you need a vacation or something, anyway here's a *HUG* to see you through

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
There is absolutely no respect here anymore- unless you're on the side of those who happen to post how wonderful Bush is.

DG, coming from a humble "sheeple" this in one the funniest thing I’ve seen around here in long time.

You have just as much a right post what you think as others do to oppose and challenge it, as long as they are respectful and remain within the T&C. But I must point out that just because someone said something which might have offended you you shouldn't throw a tamper tantrum and start painting ATS with a VERY broad brush. C’mon you now better.

[edit on 15-8-2006 by WestPoint23]

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I agree with you dgtempe. The attitude around here has become terrible. Everyone is way too serious and puts everyone down. Not like it used to be, where everyone was free to voice their opinions and joke around. Even some of the moderators and yes even some of the management around here has developed a serious attitude problem.

I guess that's the direction they are deciding to take the site in. It's a shame, because I hear tons of the old members complaining and leaving. And I mean very respected top-posters, people who have been here since 2003. I personally come a lot less often than I used to. But meh, whatcha gonna do.

[edit on 15-8-2006 by Yarcofin]

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Dgtempe, rest assured that you have many more supporters than detractors and I deem it an honor to be on your side of truth, justice and the American Way.
"To thyne own self be true"

It seems that even on ATS.....

It's a brave new world, welcome to the monkey house!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join