It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am really mad..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 03:09 PM
link   
So my family just bought a pool last summer, and we built a deck around it about a month ago. But now we just found that our area's bylaws are that we need:

-A 6 ft or above fence surrounding the pool.
-Gates that close and lock all by themselves.
-At least 4 motion sensor lights surrounding the pool!

If we don't have ALL of these and some idiot TRESSPASSES on our private property and drowns in our pool. WE can get sued. And for the last 2 weeks teenagers have been sneaking into our yard. And swam in our pool.

Where is the respect anymore? I'm only 14 years old and I realize how stupid that is. If we catch them we can charge them! They just don't get it and they don't care! And the goverment says WE'LL get sued and charged if they drown in our pool!!?

I'm sorry but this makes no sense at all. My teachers parent's house was BROKEN INTO, and the burgaler fell down a flight of stairs and broke her arm. Then she sued them..and won..

WTF!?! Why should innocent people be charged when CRIMINALS tresspass onto our private property and then hurt themselves and?? It makes NO god damn sense and it makes me really really really mad.

- I'm going out to either buy an airsoft gun or a paintball gun so the next time these teenagers jump our fence to go swimming I'm going to paintball them, and their car. And egg their car also.

Post your opionions and advice here.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I hear ya dude, if I catch some mofo in my house and forget to shout at him so he turns around before I beat his head off, I am liable cos if his back is turned, the courts would assume he was running away when I attacked him.

However, I would say that the best plan is to put some tarp or cover over your poool at night so if he falls in he'll drown.

Then just throw a knife in the pool and call the cops telling them some guy stopped you in the street threatening to kill you for no reason.

The courts will think him a loon and the rest will be made into a sitcom.

Peace.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Go for it..

Just be careful, as they will probably try to sue you for hurting them, even with a paintball gun.

I don't know if you know anything about the Tony Martin case in the UK. He is a farmer, who kept getting broken into, the cops did nothing. The next time someone broke in, he shot them, killing one of them, and injuring the other. He ended up in prison for life (here in the UK that means upto about 10 years).

So just be careful.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Like I said Hyacinth.. he would have got off if he shot him in the face.

(was actually thinking about that case when I wrote my first post.. eerie...)

If you gonna hurt 'em look 'em in the eye.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Alright I'll be careful, but I'm still going to paintball the hell out of them..

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by StrangledHeart
WTF!?! Why should innocent people be charged when CRIMINALS tresspass onto our private property and then hurt themselves and?? It makes NO god damn sense and it makes me really really really mad.

Well, I certainly agree that there seems to be a large segment of the human population that has somehow reverted to an ignorant, ape-like state, where they mark their territory with spray paint and steal without even thinking that it might possibly wrong to do it. These are people who should be tracked down like the wild animals that they are, shot without even the compassion you'd give a raccoon, stripped of their skins, which should then be nailed to large boards in front of City Hall. Then their bodies should be ground up into Soylent Green and fed to the crazy people who won't take advantage of the public services we taxpayers pay billions for, just so they can wander around filthy and stinking and freak all of us normal folks out. We need to get a big truck like a garbage truck and some guys with stun guns and clubs and collect all these miscreants and reprobates and smash them into bloodly pulp and get them out of our cities so that the rest of us, those who have at least some sense of law and personal hygiene, don't have to bend over backwards for them. If you want to live in this society, even if you're a derilect bum eating out of garbage cans, you still have to abide by its rules, and if you don't feel like it, then the social contract between us is null and void, and we get to come down hard like a hammer on your little nonconformist butts and clean you off the streets like the scum that you are. Blood washes off concrete and down the sewer just fine. We've had eeeeee-nuff!
:bash:

[edit on 1-8-2006 by Enkidu]

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Just have to point out to you, that sometimes the penalty is a . . . .*ahem* . . . . lot less than the disease.

For instance.

I don't own my home. So if some puke sues me because his kid tripped and fell over an ottoman when breaking into my home, and died from 13 broken ribs, a dislocated spleen, and a skull-fracture consistent with being dropped from a height, he wouldn't get a damn thing.

I don't own my home; an LLC does. It's a limited liability company, with a board of directors, many of whom (but not all) are bloodkin. Even if a court attaches my interest in the LLC, they cannot get the voting rights, since rights in this LLC cannot be transferred to any person, except by the decision of 2/3 of the board. And the LLC does not have dividends, nor does it award assets porportionally, because its bylaws specifically state that there is no proportionally directive rights or ownership, only collective rights and ownership.

In other words, owning my portion of the LLC doesn't guarantee a portion of the assets, and when the home is sold, it is uncertain that any assets may ever accrue to me.

In short, suing me for my home will not change the fact that the LLC puts me in charge of that house, and no court can change that. If some court gives my interest to a "victim," the LLC just agrees that Dr_strangecraft's shares no longer have voting rights, and can never be sold, and get no assets whatever.

And because it's an out-of-state LLC, you'd have to sue in that state, which is not ABOUT to start changing it's corporate law definitions, just so you can try and get ahold of my house.

Because property rights are sacred, yo.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Buy freaky hellish things and place them around your pool. Makes the pesky teenagers freaked out when they enter. Or an alternative is get a dog with extremely sharp teeth and when they sneak in say, "sik em boy".

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 04:03 AM
link   
laws have changed somewhat in AU now... he he

ears ago, the class of entrant meaned different things...but not now. Whether it is someone trespassing or lawfully on your land you are liable. So my advice is shoot, dispose and never mention the incident again... lol

*dont hold me to that... oh this is where I say...'I' would do this is .....

At about 10.00 p.m. on the night one, Cox, driving a stolen car, went to
the defendant's farm. He was accompanied by the plaintiff,
a girl of sixteen
with whom he was associating. As the car approached the gate leading to the
farm, Cox turned off the headlights.
The car was stopped, Cox opened the gate
and then drove the car (with the lights still off) onto the property and
across a paddock
and stopped it alongside the petrol tank. Cox got out of the
car and began to pump petrol into the car. At this point there arose
a
conflict of testimony. The plaintiff said that when Cox got out of the car,
she also got out and stood beside the front passenger
side door. A shot was
then fired and she got back into the car and lay down on the front seat.

www.austlii.edu.au...(%20hackshaw%20/-50,50/%20shaw%20)

sum = owner shot trespasser... no duty of care...but that isnt the case now. I think this is one of my fav cases lol

[edit on 2-8-2006 by NJE777]

new topics

top topics

join