It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Howard Dean is at it again

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Howard "I Scream" Dean, Chairman of the Democratic National Committee, was at it again on Wednesday. At a speech given to local Florida business leaders, Dean called Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki an "anti-Semite", and likened US Representative Katherine Harris of Florida to Joseph Stalin.

Harris has demanded an apology, a reference to the 2000 presidential election where, as Florida Secretary of State, she certified the vote that gave Bush the victory over Al Gore. Many Democrats, especially Dean, have still not managed to get over that election defeat.

Dean also called al-Maliki an anti-Semite for his failure to denounce Hezbollah as a terrorist organization.

Dean has become well-know for his incendiary remarks since he has been the DNC Chairman.

Ironically, the theme of the speech was "Down with Divisiveness". Howard Dean should practice what he preaches.

www.chron.com...
www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 09:14 PM
link   

"We don't need to spend 200 and 300 and 500 billion dollars bringing democracy to Iraq to turn it over to people who believe that Israel doesn't have a right to defend itself and who refuse to condemn Hezbollah," he said

I think this is one of the most ridiculus statement I have heard in a while.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 11:00 PM
link   
This just shows me how Israel plays boths sides to insure their success.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by FallenFromTheTree

This just shows me how Israel plays boths sides to insure their success.

Actually, quite the opposite. The Democrats were coming off as extremely anti-semetic due to sites like DailyKos, DU and MoveOn's implicit support of Hizbullah and condemnation of Israel. This is spin control, nothing more. Most Jews vote democrat, and the extremists of the party, the ones who get the microphone because it sells air time, are making them out to be evil villians. Would you continue to vote for a party that says you, because of your nationality and religious beliefs, are scum? I wouldn't, and the DNC recognizes that.

Expect to hear more pro-Israel statements coming from Dean in the future -- they have to keep their voter base up somehow despite the hatrid of the Jewish people many of their loudest extremists harbor.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I'm not at all comfortable with Dean's position on this.

These are not the words of a peacemaker and it bothers me greatly.

The Bush administration is out of line pandering to the Evangelicals, but Dean is equally out of line pandering to the Jewish voters.

Dean's message should have been to leave religion out of government PERIOD!

The worst part is that both parties empowered this administration to invade Iraq.
In doing so, we made a bad situation worse.

Supporting Israel right now is just fanning the flames and making it even less safe for our troops on the ground.

al-Maliki came to address Congress to tell them the TRUTH of what is going on in Iraq.

Several key democrats chose to boycott his presentation out of fear of the Israel Lobby.
Go figure!

Bush's spin doctors read al-Maliki's prepared speech and then spent hours rewording and coaching him on what to say.

I strongly believe that Democrats should have urged al-Maliki to speak the absolute truth.

Our leadership is provoking conflict where they should be denouncing all forms of it.

In other words we flat out told al-Maliki that The United States wants a free and Democratic
Iraq as long as they don't piss off Israel.

[edit on 28-7-2006 by FallenFromTheTree]

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 03:48 AM
link   
What if Dean only said this:

'We don't need to spend 200 and 300 and 500 billion dollars bringing democracy to Iraq to turn it over to people who refuse to condemn Hezbollah'

I like that one.

And this one is better:

'We don't need to spend 200 and 300 and 500 billion dollars bringing democracy to Iraq'

Too bad he had to keep talking!

[edit on 7/29/2006 by Arcane Demesne]

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 07:20 AM
link   
I agree with Dean about Hezbollah being a terrorist organizations, but isn't Hezb acknowledged by the US gov as a terrorist organization already? I'm pretty sure it does...but I could be wrong. Anyway, I'm glad Dean does have some sense for himself. Israel is great country in a difficult location.

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana
I agree with Dean about Hezbollah being a terrorist organizations, but isn't Hezb acknowledged by the US gov as a terrorist organization already?

Yes, the US and Israel both classify Hezbollah as a terrorist organization. The EU does not, but they do "recognize evidence of terroristic activity" from Hezbollah.

As far as Hamas, it is recognized as a terrorist organization by Australia, Canada, Israel, the United States and the European Union.

new topics

top topics

join