It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recreate 9-11

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 06:21 AM
link   
If this is in the wrong topic area mods please feel free to move this thread.
Ok I have given some thought to the 9-11 conspiracies and have remained on the fence.
A thought occured to me why not recreate 9-11 using scale models in a lab enviroment ?
It wouldnt be simple , cheap or ease but if the project was done on a scientific basises the results could give us more answers then a dozen threads with people debating 9-11 images.

Is this something that a group of ATS members would want to look into ?

Here are some thoughts.
The models would have to be large scale.

The planes.
Hmm Radio controll planes could be used with real working (to scale) jet engines. Heres where it gets tricky in terms of fuel the model planes would have to have the same amount as relative to the planes that were hijacked on 9-11. The same gose any other weight the planes were carrying such as luggage.

The buildings.
This could be the hardest bit once the research has been done the internal structure and the likes of fireproofing would have to be modeled with 100% accuracy.

How would the foundations/basement of the twin towers be modeled ?

One issue I can see is that models might have to be made out of the materials that there real life counterparts were made of. Unless multiple models/layouts were made it would be a case of a one crash wonder.

The advantage of this experiment would be the ablity to set up cameras at angles that wernt "available" on 9-11. Differnt mediums could be used to capture data.

Other then flim what other mediums could be used to capture data in an expiment like this ?
Any thoughts ?

[edit on 24-7-2006 by xpert11]

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 07:23 AM
link   
It's a good idea; unfortunately it's a bit difficult to reproduce the scenarios given on 9-11 with scale models with any hope for an accurate representation.

For one, there's a large number of variables that would need to be considered. Structural integrity of the buildings; amount of jet fuel on board; composition of the jet fuel; composition of the aircraft--fuselage, hydraulics, fuel tanks, to say nothing of passengers or cargo/luggage; any combustible materials inside the buildings and their various compositions. Also, what were the exact impact velocities of the planes? Were they accelerating or decelerating (sp?)? Was there a cross breeze? What was their angle of impact? That's just the few that I can think of off the top of my head.

The second problem I can foresee is one you allude to here:

Originally by xpert11
One issue I can see is that models might have to be made out of the materials that there real life counterparts were made of.

Creating scale models and still replicating the same level of structural integrity means using either weaker materials or much, much smaller amounts--possibly even smaller than scale would denote, I would imagine. I'm not a structural engineer by any stretch of the imagination--I can't even build a model airplane--but it's been my experience that a smaller structure is comparatively stronger than a larger structure of the same design and materials.

I say go for it, but it's going to be very difficult to replicate the relevant factors with enough accuracy to be able to sit back and say "alright, now we know that this is what happened..."

And just because I know someone will end up saying it, where are you going to place the thermite charges?

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 12:41 AM
link   
MCory1 thanks for the feed back. I dont doubt that it would be very diffcult to re create 9 - 11 but I think that the results would make it worth while.
Cheers xpert11.

[edit on 28-7-2006 by xpert11]

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 01:10 AM
link   
You know re-creating a scale model of the 9/11 events isn't a bad idea at all.

Perhaps a computer simulation would be more feasable.

How would you feature both sets of viewpoints though?

Which version would you present?

The official government story or the real story?

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 01:19 AM
link   
do as some scots did

Experts re-enact 9/11 in Glasgow high-rise

the experiments have not been completed yet but i believe there are many othe similar buidlings on this planet that could either prove or disprove some theories presented on ATS and elsewhere , interesting article though i'm really lokking forward reading the results (if possible)

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Awesome idea! I never thought of that or heard of that idea being brought up before. I think the only way that it could be totally proven is to actually build them full scale and do it all over again. And no I'm not saying actually have plane loads of living people fly into buildings. Build them up full scale, and have remote controlled planes fly into them. It would be extremely costly to do, but I think it would be worth it in the end. Also, pretty scary I bet. I think it'd be a valuable use of tax money.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by In nothing we trust
Perhaps a computer simulation would be more feasable.

That is quite a good idea.

What software could be used ?

How would you feature both sets of viewpoints though?

You have more then one layout and set of planes.
IF the scale model towers didnt react like they like they did on 9-11 the trick is to figuer out what really happened. The only view point is what the experiment bears out.

Which version would you present?

What ever the facts bear out.

It would have to be a group project due to the amount of time and effort and cost involved. Mooonhoxe I understand where your coming from but using full size buildings and planes is out of the question on cost alone. If tax payer money was used the US government would probaly want the results to suit there own agenda.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by xpert11
If tax payer money was used the US government would probaly want the results to suit there own agenda.

Yes, the recreation definitly could not be government funded. How would you prevent in-direct government funding ment to influence the results?

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 04:33 AM
link   

It would have to be a group project due to the amount of time and effort and cost involved. Mooonhoxe I understand where your coming from but using full size buildings and planes is out of the question on cost alone. If tax payer money was used the US government would probaly want the results to suit there own agenda.

Touche! That is a very valid point. Wouldn't it be possible then to start a private fund.

This list may be able to be fudged by 'the man'. but I would be all for something like this if I knew that some safeguards from another conspiracy could be set in place.

1) Start a survey of how much the citizens would be willing to contribute.
*if enough private money could be raised, then proceed to point 2.
2) Start a fund that will have all money going towards this cause until (within a certain deadline) the needed amount of money is raised.
*If for some reason the required capital isn't raised, then it would be given back to the donatees.
3) Have a total list showing who contributes how much money.
*Contributers could have oversight to help see that no conspiracies arise.
4) Build
5) Test

I realize it would be harder to do than this list seems, but it would be worth it in my opinion.

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 04:54 AM
link   
mooonhoxe that would be a very good start. Anyone who wants to take part or fund the project would have to be screened to ensure that they dont have an agenda either way. In nothing we trust raise the money via the groups own means I can see a lot of raffles and sausage sizzles happening.

[edit on 29-7-2006 by xpert11]

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 05:19 AM
link   
If we do decide to build a full scale model, that means that we have to build several buildings... first to test the plane crash on the building w/out explosive and then test another with explosives... maybe a few more with several diff types of explosives or just for backup incase something goes wrong... If we have extra money we can also do a test on a pentagon model...
Funding is the only concern for now....

[edit on 29-7-2006 by IspyU]

[edit on 29-7-2006 by IspyU]

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by IspyU
... If we have extra money we can also do a test on a pentagon model...
Funding is the only concern for now....

The Pentagon would have to be a part of the project not an extra there are way to many questions that need to be answered. I almost forgot about the other buildings that were near the towers that came down..

If anyone has any ideas or advice please post it on this thread or If it needs to stay off the net U2 me and we can make arrangments.

[edit on 29-7-2006 by xpert11]

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 05:50 AM
link   
We can ask the "Myth Busters" to take part in the project, because they can also air the results in tv

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by IspyU
We can ask the "Myth Busters" to take part in the project, because they can also air the results in tv

Awesome idea

Who you gonna call? Call mythbusters.

They would have to be screened for thier bias and neutrallity on the matter though.

[edit on 29-7-2006 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I think, probably a computer model would be the best way out of this, in terms of cost and measuring the outcome.

Huge number of variables though, many known, but just as many not.

Maybe a CAD rendering of the buildings would be the best way to begin, with every element of the model given the qualities of the real world materials.

The speed the buildings fell at, and how they fell so "neatly" would be probably easy to digitally model.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 02:43 AM
link   
It is possible that both CAD and scale models could be used. I think that now is the time to recreate 9-11 wait to long and peoples memory fades and records get "lost."
Now the only question is who wants to take part in such a project and could the project get off the ground ?
Cheers xpert11.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 03:23 AM
link   
I want to take part in this project in any way possible. I'd be willing to donate money. I also have a little experience with AutoCad, but not really enough to do much good. I'd do whatever I could. This is something I feel that needs to be attempted.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by mooonhoxe
I want to take part in this project in any way possible. I'd be willing to donate money. I also have a little experience with AutoCad, but not really enough to do much good. I'd do whatever I could. This is something I feel that needs to be attempted.

Im glad that Im not the only one is crazy enough to take part. I dont know how money or people taking part that live in differnt countries taking part in the project could be delt with.
Cheers Xpert11.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Mooonhoxe do you have any idea were we go from hear ?
How should Flight 93 be delt with ?
Here is something to bear in mind should the project go ahead.

Peoples opinions must stay separate from the facts.

Of course once the project is finished people may have the facts to back up there opinions.

[edit on 1-8-2006 by xpert11]

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by xpert11
Mooonhoxe do you have any idea were we go from hear ?
How should Flight 93 be delt with ?
Here is something to bear in mind should the project go ahead.

Peoples opinions must stay separate from the facts.

Of course once the project is finished people may have the facts to back up there opinions.

[edit on 1-8-2006 by xpert11]

I have no clue. I do feel like there should be a serious investigation done. Flight 93 was a whole different ball game. It should also be investigated. All of the events of that day should be factored into an 'unbiased' investigation.

I understand that that re-creating that day 'unbiasedly' would be pretty hard to do, but they should be attempted.

I realize that any joe schmoe could contribute money to the re-enactment fund, regaurdless of political affilitaion.

I just think it should be done with the publics oversight. It would need to be someone that can sort out the people that have an agenda to swing it either way.

It would take a lot of research and study to pull this off effectively. Aren't there groups out there that train in this kind of situation? If not, then there should be.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join