It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alternative 3 secret Mars landing footage 1962.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I don't know what to think of this video, supposedly they landed on Mars may 2nd 1962 and it was a joint USA-USSR venture to the red?blue?planet.
The footage is of well.. probably what 1962 footage looked like.
Personally i believe it to be believable, then again it could have been a test video filmed in death valley california, who knows right?

www.youtube.com...

Forgive me for not stickin' around i gotta go, but i'll check back in later with the replies.

[edit on 23-7-2006 by incunabula]

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I have seen this video before on ATS & so did a search for "Alternative 3", the link below has more details about this video.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 03:43 PM
link   
alternative 3 was a very clever april fools day 'mockumentary'.

it fooled a lot of people and still does apparantly. watch it if you can find it, as its tv spoofing at its finest but thats all it is
i think the cast list is even on imdb

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 05:45 PM
link   
You can watch the whole thing here:

video.google.com...

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by justyc
i think the cast list is even on imdb

Yep, here:

www.imdb.com...

For discussion of this broadcast, see:

Baker, Alan in his “Destination Earth” (1998) at pages 171-179, 183 (in Chapter 9) of the Blandford softcover edition.

Barkun, Michael in his “A Culture of Conspiracy : Apocalyptic Visions in Contemporary America” (2003) at pages 86-87, 88 (in Chapter 5) of the California hardback edition.

Brookesmith, Peter in his “UFO: The Government Files” (1996) at pages 119-120, 123 (in Chapter 6) of the Parragon hardback edition.

Chambers, Paul in his “Life On Mars” (1999) at pages 197 (in Chapter 14), 198 (in Chapter 15) of the Blandford hardback edition.

Clark, Jerome in “Making Contact” (1997) (Edited by Bill Fawcett) at pages 34-35 (in Section 1) of the Morrow hardback edition.

Clark, Jerome in his “The UFO Book: Encyclopedia of the Extraterrestrial” (1998) at pages 213-214 of the Visible Ink Press softcover edition in an entry entitled “Extraterrestrial Hypothesis and Ufology”.

Clark, Jerome in his “The UFO Encyclopedia: The Phenomenon from the Beginning - 2nd edition” (1998) in Volume 1:A-K at pages 113-114 (forming part of the entry entitled “Animal Mutilations an UFOs” at pages 102-120) of the Omnigraphics hardback edition.

Clark, Jerome in his “UFO Encounters” (1992) at page 103 (in the unnumbered chapter entitled “Into the Wild Blue”) of the Publications International hardback edition.

Cooper, William in his “Behold a Pale Horse” (1991) at pages 213-215, 218, 220-222 (in Chapter 12) of the Light Technology softcover edition.

Craft, Michael in his “Alien Impact” (1996) at pages 113 (in Chapter 6), 242 (in Chapter 12) of the St Martin’s Paperbacks paperback edition.

Frissell, Bob in his “Nothing in this book is true, but it's exactly how things are” (1994) at pages 167, 169 (in Chapter 15) of the Frog softcover edition.

Keith, Jim in his “Casebook on Alternative 3” (1994) generally, particularly at pages 7-8, 12 (in Chapter 1), 120-121 (in Chapter 17) of the I-Net softcover edition.

Kossy, Donna in her “Kooks” (1994) at page 193 (in Part 5, in the unnumbered chapter entitled “William Cooper”) of the Feral House softcover edition.

Lieder, Nancy in her “ZetaTalk: Direct Answers from the Zeta Reticuli People” (1999) at pages 164-165 (in Chapter 26) of the Granite softcover edition.

Marrs, Jim in his “Alien Agenda” (1997) at pages 173-176 (in Chapter 6) of the Harper Collins paperback edition.

Morris, Peter J in his “Aliens Amongst Us : A Beginner’s Guide” (1999) at pages 40-41 (in Chapter 3) of the Hodder & Stoughton softcover edition.

Ridpath, Ian in his “Messages from the Stars” (1978) at pages 218-219 (in Chapter 13) of the Fontana paperback edition.

Rux, Bruce in his “Architects of the Underworld” (1996) at pages 102-104 (in Chapter 3) of the Frog softcover edition.

Rux, Bruce in his “Hollywood Vs. the Aliens” (1997) at pages 479-480 (in Chapter 9), 513 (in Chapter 10), 556 (in Chapter 11) of the Frog softcover edition.

Spencer, John and Spencer, Anne in their “Fifty Years of UFOs” (1997) at page 110 (in the unnumbered chapter entitled “1977-1987”) of the Boxtree hardback edition.

Steiger, Brad in his “The UFO Abductors” (1988) at pages 207-208, 210 (in Chapter 12) of the Berkley paperback edition.

Watkins, Leslie in his “Alternative 3” (1978) generally, particularly at pages 14, 18 (in Section 1), 19-20 (in Section 2), 51-53 (in Section 4), 65-66 (in Section 5), 163-165 (in Section 9), 212-213, 215, 216-217 (in Section 13) of the Warner Books softcover edition.

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 06:51 AM
link   
...thread w/ link to interview here on ATS..... I've watched/seen this "Mars Landing" footage, think about Mr J Lear's thoughts on the matter. 600 million, living within the planet, totalitarian gov't and about 50 years more advanced then we are. I can see all that to be true, check THIS called "Martians" if you haven't yet. It's about a year old. . . .

[edit on 20-10-2007 by anhinga]

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by anhinga

Um, have you even read this thread? It was a TV spoof, a joke, a ruse. You can see the ACTORS on IMDB for crying out loud. Look before you leap, or you make yourself look like someone who is so desperate to believe, for some unusual personal reason, that you will fall for anything.

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 07:02 AM
link   
How about being nice to someone for once IgnoretheFacts, I've 'seen' you on thread after thread being rude to people volunteerily -- yeah, I've been going through back catalogs of threads, reading some of the threads in their entirety and others, just posting on since I know the topic, fine, you disagree w/ the topic, I didn't look at this particular link but the thread I included about Martians and what J Lear thinks is far from a hoax. I think you're bound for the ignore list, or should I ask you what "facts to ignore" first?

edit: just saw a thread of yours about calling J Lear a "disinfo agent" -- sure, whatever, you got some really interesting threads going there. Insert sarcasm and see you. . ..

[edit on 20-10-2007 by anhinga]

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I'm sorry your skin is so thin that you can' take the slightest bit of common sense pointed in your direction. I sure hope you grow up a little bit in the future, lol.

Seriously though, this is not a police state, and nothing I posted towards you wash harsh whatsoever. Do you even read this board?!? I mean, you say you checked all my posts (I would think that would have made you smarter by now, lol, if you really read through all pages of them) but do you really even bother ro read this board? Your post alone in this thread indicates you didn't even bother to read a FEW POST THREAD before throwing you misguided 2 cents in. AND, if you really bother to read, and understand ATS, you will see an absolute TON of posts that are way more offending than you you misconstrued as offensive towards you. Have you read those and cried about those posts as well? Your making yourself look like a fool in mosts of your posts, there I said it. You can officially start your crying to the mods now, lol.

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by anhinga
.........just posting on since I know the topic, fine, you disagree w/ the topic, I didn't look at this particular link but the thread I included about Martians and what J Lear thinks is far from a hoax.

I missed that when I accused you of not reading and understanding something before posting. Thank you for confirming it. For crying out loud, you don't bother to check a link that a thread IS ABOUT and feel the need to comment in it? Like I said in my previous post...........

Anhinga, please add me to your ignore list, so I do not need to suffer through your ignorant comments regarding my posts, lol. Plus, it's funny how most of us "skeptics" really don't ignore anybody, but most of the blind believers love to ignore people that call them out or dare show them the light of common sense, reason and logic. It's like a three year old covering his eyes and proclaiming "you can't see me", lol.

Reality is the only thing that doesn't go away when you stop believing in it.

[edit on 20-10-2007 by IgnoreTheFacts]

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Ugh nevermind.

Waste of time and I don't feel like arguing with anyone and wasting more ATS bandwidth.

[edit on 20-10-2007 by Comatose]

new topics

top topics

join