It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Searching for Telepathy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 07:53 PM
link   
British researchers are endeavoring prove that telepathy exists and to develop methods for testing for telepathy. In one study, using virtual reality technology, the scientists place subjects in different rooms on different floors while one concentrates on a picture and the other tries to determine which picture the other is concentrating on. These studies are among the most objective done on this subject to date.

abcnews.go.com
...[S]cientists at Britain's Manchester University are working to prove the existence of this mysterious sense, commonly known as telepathy — which is the ability to communicate with another person using only the mind — by testing subjects through a virtual reality system.

"Approximately 100 participants will take part in the experiment, which aims to test whether telepathy exists between individuals using the system," read a press release from the university.

The release goes on to say that researchers from the university's school of computer science and school of psychological sciences will test to see if the ability is enhanced by the relationship between participants.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I really thought that science had exhausted these types of subjects, but apparently not. I'm a skeptic, but I have had my own inexplicable feelings of knowing things that seemed to be beyond my ability to experience. It would be exciting if such abilities could be substantiated and exploited for the betterment of all.

join