It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bakri to Britain... Save Me!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 02:53 AM
link   
I found this story to be hilarious. This "man", who denounced Britain when he left, saying that he never wanted to see it again, tried to sneak his way out of Lebanon on a boat full of women and children because he is afraid of the violence over there.

EXILED preacher of hate Omar Bakri has begged the Royal Navy to rescue him from war-torn Beirut.

The Muslim cleric who fled Britain last year, tried to board a ship full of women and children yesterday but was turned away.

He also wrote to the British embassy asking to be allowed back on “humanitarian grounds”.

In an email to officials, dole scrounger Bakri pleaded: “The current situation in Beirut left me without any choice but to appeal to you to grant me a visit visa to see my children for one month.”
www.thesun.co.uk...

He can't return to Syria, because he faces 20 years in prison there. Now he has to stay in Beirut and face the scorn of being a purveyor of false bravado.

Real tough guy when the chips are down, eh?

[edit on 21-7-2006 by bombers8]

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I would love to have been one of the men who refused to let him on the boat.

Just deserts indeed

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Kudos to the guy who recognized him and told him to go # himself.

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 08:16 AM
link   
So now we're Judge, Jury and Executioner?

Such a height of a civilized society. It's for a Jury to decide and to lock him up or put him to death. It's not for us. The guy should be allowed on and arrested for trial in the United Kingdom or if he has not been found guilty of any crime, we should allow him to go to Cyprus.

People are idiots, if they do not realise he'll use this as more ammunition to make the West look bad in Lebanon. Which is the least of the things we need. Helping him, would be more of a smack in the face than not and it'd do more harm to his cause than not.

CX

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Excellent
The guy who turned him away deserves a medal, if he'd have got back on British soil we'd have been stuck with his pathetic rants for years to come again.

Same as the rest of the hate preachers, slag off the west until they need them.
I'm reading a good book about this guy at the moment, well it features him. "Them" by Jon Ronson. Good read, just a shame it features idiot chops Bakri!

CX.

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Bakri is not legally allowed back into the UK

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I do know.

However, the media would have had a field day if he was saved. Everyone knows if he was saved, he'd have never been able to say what he has been saying. We've now just given him more fuel to add to his fire. We've now just helping him to radicalise even more people.
Good work guys, that's the first thing we really want.

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Nah, I'm pretty sure that if he was allowed back in Britain it'd take him only a couple of days before he began preaching hatred of Britain again .....

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Odium
However, the media would have had a field day if he was saved. Everyone knows if he was saved, he'd have never been able to say what he has been saying. We've now just given him more fuel to add to his fire. We've now just helping him to radicalise even more people.
Good work guys, that's the first thing we really want.

I doubt very much that those men that turned him away from boarding had the political insight, wherewithall, or authority to make a strategic political decision. They were tasked with preventing him from boarding the ship; they did their jobs. Bravo to them.

Forget the media. Let them make their own field day. The man was exiled from Britain for preaching hatred against you, and now you want to rescue him? So that you can embarass him?

I say, the Israelis or Hezbollah will do a much better job of embarassing him.

And the people that will be "radicalized" by this incident were never going to be your friends, anyway. If not this incident, another incident would have "radicalized" them. Don't think of them as malleable innocents, undecided on which side of the fence to sit.

[edit on 21-7-2006 by bombers8]

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
Nah, I'm pretty sure that if he was allowed back in Britain it'd take him only a couple of days before he began preaching hatred of Britain again .....

...and you think the people that listen will be that stupid?

Originally posted by bombers8
I doubt very much that those men that turned him away from boarding had the political insight, wherewithall, or authority to make a strategic political decision. They were tasked with preventing him from boarding the ship; they did their jobs. Bravo to them.

How were they? He's not allowed in "Britain". Britain, by legislation is:
Ireland [Northern], Scotland, Wales and England. Cryprus isn't part of Britain and that is where the Home Secretary [Charles Clarke then] removed his right to enter on August 2005. They would have had no orders to not allow that single person from entering.

Forget the media. Let them make their own field day. The man was exiled from Britain for preaching hatred against you, and now you want to rescue him? So that you can embarass him?

Yes. I'd rather we have them here. I myself, am fine with what he said. I disagree but I will defend his right to preech whatever he wants. The only thing we did, was push his preeching on the internet and make us out to be even worse. All we do when we force them out of the United Kingdom is to help proove their point.

I say, the Israelis or Hezbollah will do a much better job of embarassing him.

Hesbollah won't attack him and he'll go somewhere else if Israel invades. Instead now, he can just show the West as leaving him to die.
Last thing we need.

And the people that will be "radicalized" by this incident were never going to be your friends, anyway. If not this incident, another incident would have "radicalized" them. Don't think of them as malleable innocents, undecided on which side of the fence to sit.

Then maybe the West should stop doing these incidents?

End of the day, he didn't directly kill someone. I agree with full freedom of speech, however I'll disagree with what he says.

...and sorry, most of them are "malleable innocents". I have the fun of working with criminals, sorry but they all start of innocent. There's no such thing as a "born criminal" and we should be doing our best as a Civilized Society to make sure less children become radical. Instead though, we allow Israel and these Arab groups to go around bombing each other. While what? We sit here and say: Bad Boys begood and invade Nation's with the least of problems.

We've allowed too many people adn too many Nation's radicalise these people, with the murder of innocents. It is about time we as the West bother along with the U.N. to help these innocent people so they do not become radical, not sit back and kick them out of our Nation. It doesn't stop people from being able to hear what they say.

When we're the ones with the power to help them and we don't, we're just as much at fault as those who pull the trigger. Their hate for the West, a group who has exploited Africa, Middle East and Asia for so long deserve this and the only way to change it is to get our act together.

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Odium,if he is not allowed back in Britian, he sure as hell should not be entitled to any british resources. British taxpayers should not have to give him access to anything. He made his bed, let him lie in it. He should have thought of the consequences of his actions when he started running his mouth.

Besides, hes such a radical. Certainly Hezbollah has a place for him somewhere. Or Al Qaeda. Or Hamas. Let him die for his beliefs alongside his extremist friends in Lebanon.

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 11:59 AM
link   

from Odium
Then maybe the West should stop doing these incidents?

What incidents? Preventing him from boarding the ship? Is that what you mean?

End of the day, he didn't directly kill someone. I agree with full freedom of speech, however I'll disagree with what he says.

If you truly work with criminals, you already know that yoou don't have to be the one that pulls the trigger in order to be judged guilty.

...and sorry, most of them are "malleable innocents". I have the fun of working with criminals, sorry but they all start of innocent. There's no such thing as a "born criminal"

There are people born with sociopathic tendencies. And these guys are not pnnocent. Bythe time they are able to understand his hateful rhetoric, they are too far gone to "save".

We've allowed too many people adn too many Nation's radicalise these people, with the murder of innocents.

We must remove the radicalizing force, that's the best answer.

Their hate for the West, a group who has exploited Africa, Middle East and Asia for so long deserve this and the only way to change it is to get our act together.

Who is in Somalia right now, "exploiting" the people? Who is in Indonesia rigt now, "exploiting" the people?

That "white guilt" stuff doesn't work with me.

And finally, are you saying that we "deserve" this? Are you related to Ward Churchill by any chance?

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Amazing.

I thought he was all for a struggle against the west?

What a hypocrite. Did the sailors literally laugh in his face? I hope one of them had a digicamera with them!

new topics

top topics

join