It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worst Ads Ever! (SkepticOverlord's Ad Hitlist)

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
The worst are the flashing ones. They should contain epilepsy warnings.

Also very ugly are the green card ones.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by the siren

Yeah "don't look at this if you have epilepsy" in small type along the bottom

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rren
Was coming here to post about The Uninvited ad banner at the top of the page.

I am as well. There's a "close X" in the upper right hand corner that works for an instant, but by the time I get back to the navigation bar, it pops up and covers it again. VERY frustrating!

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rren
Was coming here to post about The Uninvited ad banner at the top of the page. Looks like others are experiencing the same problem. Sometimes simply moving my cursor away from the banner changes the ad back to normal, other times I have to refresh the page. Not the end of the world but certainly annoying when the button I was going for - but, missed by a pixel or two - gets covered up by the ad.

Hate to quote myself* but this ad is getting very annoying. I must have bad aim or something but I hit that dang thing every other time! I figure an ad which disrupts site functions isn't good for the company, the site or its users. Off with its head! [Or, at least, off with the bottom two thirds of it which are mucking up my mojo]

*Not sure if by quoting myself I haven't just created some paradoxically induced universe imploding event. So, I'd like to preemptively apologize for destroying the earth and fixing this ad the hard way.

Sorry 'bout that.

[edit on Thu Jan 29 2009 by Rren]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I'm not absolutely sure, but I think if you DON'T let your cursor roll over it, it won't expand. Just a temporary "fix", but it might help.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

I am as well. There's a "close X" in the upper right hand corner that works for an instant, but by the time I get back to the navigation bar, it pops up and covers it again. VERY frustrating!

They are the worst especially when I'm visiting the site while at my girlfriends house and use her laptop Crappy laptop mouse.
I keep forgetting to bring my spare USB mouse from home.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Can we do something about this abomination?

We get it, we're fat!

*did I size that as an avy?*

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

That truly is horrible. An abdomination.

Frightening how it says "(obey)".

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Ian McLean

I hate it too.
It reminds me of 'Engrish'.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by dodgygeeza

Originally posted by the siren

Yeah "don't look at this if you have epilepsy" in small type along the bottom

LOL!!! That's cruel.

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
Can we do something about this abomination?

That is quite nasty!

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

LOL!!!!! I know I absolutely hate that ad. Ok, here's another question. Is it just me or is the before a guy, and the after is a female?

If not then that was one hairy female before.

With big hands.

EDIT: Wanted to add the big hands remark.

[edit on 29-1-2009 by truthSeeker7]

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 02:41 AM
link   
I have one I just keep running into tonight which I've never seen before. It's a flashing/jitterbugging ad saying "You are over the 1,000,000 vistor. CONGRATULATIONS YOU WON!!!" with a button that says "Click 2 Claim" next to it. Something tied in with that ad is making my PC cycle the "program close/fatal error" sound effect over and over again. It continues until I refresh the page and a different ad comes up.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6
I have one I just keep running into tonight which I've never seen before. It's a flashing/jitterbugging ad saying "You are over the 1,000,000 vistor. CONGRATULATIONS YOU WON!!!" with a button that says "Click 2 Claim" next to it. Something tied in with that ad is making my PC cycle the "program close/fatal error" sound effect over and over again. It continues until I refresh the page and a different ad comes up.

That sound is embedded in the ad. Don't worry, it's not triggering anything in your pc. It's highly annoying though.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6

This ad has to go!

How is a person supposed to be able to read a page with that annoying sound playing over and over and over.
Clearly, only a mentally compromised individual would click on an internet ad which says "You are the 1.000.000th visitor" anyway.

It's an insult to ATS members, and would certainly make any new visitor question the integrity of the site.

That's just my observation, I dunno, maybe I'm the one that's nuts.

Peace

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
help I can't stop this one add

it just won't shut up

been going for 3 hours now

its like the sound you get when you make an error on the old windows systems from years ago

its really pathetic that ATS has to sell advertisements to a pathetic company like survey.com

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ConservativeJack

Do you have a subwoofer?
In anycase delete your cookies and empty your temp file then reboot and try again

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
... Ummm... why do I care what Britney Spear's IQ is?... and why do I need to beat it?

... couldn't a house plant could do that?

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

You're referring to this one? :

That noise is pretty rough. It took me here but I couldn't catch a url for the ad itself. If someone gets it, post it here so that when Skeptic Overlord looks at the thread, he can find the offending one.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
If it's not too much to ask The Congratulations your the 1,000,000 click here could go the chip is killing me.Thank you

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Ant4AU

Just refresh the page quickly enough and it goes away.

Rush

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join