It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.N. adopts resolution against N. Korea

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 04:18 PM
link   
"UNITED NATIONS - The U.N. Security Council unanimously adopted a resolution Saturday condemning North Korea's recent missile tests and demanding that the reclusive communist nation suspend its ballistic missile program"

news.yahoo.com...

Little kimmy doesn't want to listen to the yard monitors. If he is not careful, little kimmy may be put in time out!

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 10:46 PM
link   
And what is U.N. going to do if North Korea doesn't cooperate? Shake its finger and call Kim a bad boy? U.N. is useless, as any resolution (especially military) is constantly being negated by the main members (Russia, China, US). North Korea is already economically isolated from the rest of the world. So you are not going to scare it with boycott of french fries and oil. U.N. can bark all it wants, and that is all it is going to do- that is why Russia and China conceded to passing this resolutions. When it comes to military intervention, US will have to go at it alone, and luckily with Iraq it now won't be able o for a long time.

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Oh isn't it funny how the US was mad about China and Russia not passing the resolution against NK, yet now US is the one blocking the resolution to stop the violence in Lebanon. I guess there are double standards after all. I mean US can see far away small nation of NK as a threat, yet hundreds of civilians being killed in Lebanon is permissible.

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by maloy
When it comes to military intervention, US will have to go at it alone, and luckily with Iraq it now won't be able o for a long time.

Don't be too sure. South Korea could stop a North Korean invasion on is own, without U.S. help. The only reasonable situation where the U.S. would enter is in the counter-attack and by then, North Korea will be reduced to defending itself via guerrilla warfare.

The U.N is more like a symbolic speedbump. It makes the unilateral look multilateral.

[edit on 15-7-2006 by sweatmonicaIdo]

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 11:34 PM
link   
The title of this thread is
U.N. adopts resolution against N. Korea.

Please focus your response and/or contribution on the topic of dicsussion.

Thank you.

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 01:36 AM
link   
I suppose it is nice to see that the member nations can come to angreement, but I have my doubts that anything will come of this. The UN likes to pass resolutions... but never enforce them. I seriously wonder sometimes why we even bother keeping it around.

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 07:26 AM
link   
didn't see anything new,
this is a result of compromise,it was seriously watered down and disappointed
When you recall of what Japan was hoped/expected minutes after the NK missle tests weeks ago

and now DPRK promises more missle tests.I think they will keep their promise

[edit on 16-7-2006 by chao]

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 09:16 AM
link   
So the UN adopted a resolution against N K orea. The UN is a meaningless organization. How many resolutions will they draft 10,12 15. How many were against Saddam and Iraq before the US got fed up. Again the UN is useless.

join