It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Hunt for Osama Bin Laden

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 03:22 PM
link   
He's here he's there. On the sea, up in a tree. On tape and video, but we can't find him see, Osama is the man of mystery.

What will happen if he is captured? Who's to say he hasn't been already? Maybe we don't want to pull that trump card out just yet?

Problems with Al-Jihad and Al-Queda are it doesn't really matter if their leaders are wiped out. It's like cutting the head off a hydra, for every single one you chop off, two more sprout in it's place. It'd be the same as, say...wiping out a KFC. For every one you blow up, two more take it's place.

Finding Osama and seeing that he's either executed or imprisoned indefinitely won't do anything to thwart terrorism. It's not so easy as that. Why waste time and effort to find that one man that has such twisted views on why he thinks his life sucks. The best way to fight terrorism is to stop buying all the imported goods. Without money to fund them, they couldn't afford to blow up a building, much less their noses.

nuff said

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Having lived in Florida, it is also like killing one cocaroach and having 1000 come to the funeral.

Bin Laden is dead, or safely tucked away living in luxury somewhere until its time to haul him out and display him at the Capitol. Somehow, from what i can tell, i belive he's a dead man.

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

Having lived in Florida, it is also like killing one cocaroach and having 1000 come to the funeral.

Bin Laden is dead, or safely tucked away living in luxury somewhere until its time to haul him out and display him at the Capitol. Somehow, from what i can tell, i belive he's a dead man.

Oh yes.....im sure he's living at the hilton....
....he's a terrorist who spent most of his time hiding in mountain ranges and living very militantly. as much as we hate to you have to give him credit....the soviets were never able to stop him or his organization and they are not required to work under the same restrictions the US is due mostly to public opinion and media.

So it will take time to find him..... Imagine where you live....your probably know many nooks and cranies and say the russians invade and you have a resistance cell in the area you live. It would take some time for them to track you down.

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I agree with Dgtempe. I believe he is dead or at least they know where he is.

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 10:40 PM
link   
According to this, the CIA has decided to close down the Bin Laden Unit.

www.rawstory.com...

The CIA has closed down a secret unit that for a decade had the mission of hunting Osama bin Laden and his top lieutenants, intelligence officials said Monday, the NEW YORK TIMES will report Tuesday, RAW STORY has learned. Excerpts:

#

The terrorist tracking unit, known inside the spy agency as "Alec station," was disbanded late last year and its analysts reassigned to other offices within the CIA's Counterterrorist Center, the officials said.

The decision is a milestone of sorts for the agency, which created the unit before Osama bin Laden became a household name and bolstered its ranks after the Sept. 11 attacks, when President Bush pledged to bring bin Laden to justice "dead or alive."

The realignment reflects a view that al-Qaida is no longer as hierarchical as it once was, intelligence officials said, as well as growing concern about al-Qaida-inspired groups that have begun carrying out attacks independent of bin Laden and his top deputy, Ayman al-Zawahiri.

CIA officials said that tracking bin Laden and his deputies remains a high priority, and that the decision to disband the unit is not a sign that the effort has slackened. Instead, the officials said, the realignment reflects a belief that the agency can better deal with high-level threats by focusing on regional trends rather than on specific organizations or individuals.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 12:32 AM
link   
He and some king on king trouble or something like that, and i really think he is dead. I also heard he had been dead for some time.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 12:33 AM
link   
He and some king on king trouble or something like that, and i really think he is dead. I also heard he had been dead for some time

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 12:35 AM
link   
He had some kind of kidney trouble or something like that, and i really think he is dead. I also heard he had been dead for sometime

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by HsUbMuStDiE
He had some kind of kidney trouble or something like that, and i really think he is dead. I also heard he had been dead for sometime

......but why has US authorities confirmed the authenticity of a latest audiotape? Maybe Osama found a kidney donor, he does have a big family....

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 04:10 AM
link   

"The most important thing is for us to find Osama bin Laden. It is our number one priority and we will not rest until we find him."
- G.W. Bush, 9/13/01

Oooh powertalk !
But....then what happened ?

"I am truly not that concerned about him."
- G.W. Bush, repsonding to a question about bin Laden's whereabouts,
3/13/02 (The New American, 4/8/02)

"I don't know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority."
- G.W. Bush, 3/13/02

.....Doesn't need a lot of comment right ?

I rest my case.

The supposed master mind of the greatest attack on america is in the eyes of the president "Not a priority, Not a problem, Not important Nor a concearn..."

Edit: Spelling

[edit on 4-7-2006 by XyZeR]

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 10:33 AM
link   
In a few of the articles where Bush and company decided that Osama wasn't much of a threat anymore, they explained their reason as the structure wasn't as heirarchal as first thought. Too many heads to pop, but I still have a feeling that they know what happened to him.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Well since he has recently spoken of his 'knights' death and the voice is confirmed, then I would assume he is still alive as is his sidekick.

Now considering the beheader is now dead, and in a warmer place, given up by one of his own for $25 million bucks, don' t you think thta security for ol osama has just been tightened? It took a couple of weeks for the hand passed tape to get out. He is hiding and probably running out of 'depends' by now. he might even have his own hole is the ground to hide in. Its a matter of time.....

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I'm sure he has run out of "depends" by now. I would too, if anyone can find somebody, it is the US. You can run and hide, but they will find you...it's not if, it's only WHEN.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Truthwillsetyoufree
I'm sure he has run out of "depends" by now. I would too, if anyone can find somebody, it is the US. You can run and hide, but they will find you...it's not if, it's only WHEN.

Why in the hell don't we get the IRS looking for him? Damn they could do it.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 02:47 PM
link   
~~

as the audio messages keep flowing from OBL
...and they are determined to be authentic audios,

i read this news item, article just this morning
Title: Al-Qaeda; Still a Step Ahead, dtd 3 July 2006
www.newstatesman.com...

the author Zaki Chehab works for al-Hayat newspaper
and for Lebanese broadcasting.
The ideas he present, about how OBL & the AQ leaders
excape detection and communicate with each other & the world

some where in the tribal areas of Waziristan in Pakistan....

has a truer ring to it than the fluff & mush of our Intel agencies press releases

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 08:18 PM
link   
How do the experts determine authenticity of Osama's voice in these recordings? Is it like in Tango and Cash where that audio guy did all the voice stress analysis testing and voice recognition machines? I suppose they have the technology to do it too.

new topics

top topics

join