It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fairies real?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Think that's cool? Well then check this out: www.flickr.com...

These pictures/fatagravures were taken by N. Colmore using a spectobarathrum. It is speculated that towards the end the 'faeries, monsters, entitities, etc' started to notice that they were being watched.

Some of them are pretty creepy, don't stare into the abyss for too long or the abyss will start to stare back.

[edit on 3/1/2009 by agent violet]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Hi everyone,
just thought I would add to this thread a story I have never forgotten from being a young lad. My mother once told me that my Gran had been sitting up in bed one night reading, when a little man climbed up onto the end of her bed and walked along the metal framework at the foot of the bed, then proceeded to climb back down again out of sight.
Sounds unbelievable doesn't it ? I must tell you that my Gran never drank alchohol and only ever a cup of warm water before bed, was a regular church-goer, and would dismiss anything you said about the paranormal.
So why would she tell her daughter she had seen that ? Sadly she passed away a few years back so I can't ask for more detail, but I thought I would share this with you.
Based on this I keep an open mind on the subject.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
There are tales of faeries and fae-like creatures all across the globe, in every culture. Though each culture usually has a different name for their versions of fae, it's something that is common to everyone on earth.

One such faery that occurs a few times across the globe is called Leanan Sidhe by the Irish, Baobhan Sith by the Scots, Lilith by the Jewish, and Huli Jing by the Chinese. All of them describe a mysterious, beautiful, vampiric fae, usually a woman, who feeds on the lives (blood) and souls of men.

Another is the Greek Dryad, called Sidhe Draoi by the Irish, Kodama by the Japanese, and Ghillie Dhu by the Scots. These are all tree spirits. In Greece, the Dryad is usually of the Oak tree. In Ireland, the Sidhe Draoi is usually to be found in a Willow tree. In Scotland, the Ghillie Dhu is usually to be found in the Birch tree. I haven't been able to find in what tree the Kodama usually resides, in Japan.

There's another that most call the Banshee, but the correct spelling is Bean Sidhe, which is Irish, also called Bean Nighe by the Scots, La Llorna by the Mexicans, Ekimmu by the Assyrians. All are weeping women, usually weeping for the death of a member of the household. However, some legends say that she weeps for herself and her own children, who she killed when her husband betrayed her, and then she killed herself. The legend goes that she cannot enter Heaven and has been doomed to walk the earth for eternity.

There are many others, but these three examples show how the same stories can work their way around the world. Therefore, they must be real, in some form or another.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by rawiea
Fairies-- The Mythical Legend....... It seems to me that many cultures over the centuries have stories about the "little People". Call them what you want, elf, gnome, gremlin, leprechaun, nymph, pixie, sprite. You might even want to call them angels, demons, spirits, or Travellers-- from another planet, time, or dimension. Are they real? With no proof either way, I suspect the answer to be yes.

My logic falls along these lines. Theres so many creatures like faeries, leprechauns, dargons, etc. that are cited in numerous ancient cultures worldwide. Now lay many questions such as, What happened to them, or Where did they go?

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by marvolocullen
Now lay many questions such as, What happened to them, or Where did they go?

Perhaps, in today's helter-skelter world, we just do not take the time to watch for them. Have you ever walked in the woods and saw only trees, grasses and assorted vegetation while somebody does the same thing and observes an extraordinary amount of assorted wildlife? Perhaps they are quieter, more relaxed or in some way more attuned to their surroundings. Maybe we are just too "busy" in our modern world to accept what our lower tech brethern see as a normal part of our world.
By the way, thanks for reminding me of what I wrote almost 3 years ago.
Editing to add--
marvolocullen, I noticed that you are new here. Welcome to our little world.

[edit on 15-5-2009 by rawiea]

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by AGENT_T

Originally posted by debris765nju

Please understand 'Faeries' is not my subject and I wish to neither prove nor disprove them.

But this picture displays total fakery..for one reason ..

I remember seeing an interview with those girls in old age on TV a few years ago. They said that the fairies were real, and they could clearly see them, but those pictures were fake and just meant to convince the world that they are real.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join