It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fairies real?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
This small creature was photographed as it flew past the open door of a pick-up truck. If you look closely at the inset, close to the bottom of the entity, you will see the same type beings as in the previous photo. I will stop for a while and give y'all a chance to post your images.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by rawiea

that was a really good description of what "faires" are i really loved reading what you thought

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 04:26 AM
link   
I have often in the woods, or even in the city where there are large old trees "fireflies" of odd colors, generally a bright white blue, or red, I dont know what to make of them but my first instinct is faeries.

We also have lots of weirdness at our house at times, such as the time the keys went missing for nearly a full week. I tore the house apart looking for them in every room for days with no luck.
Finally in exasperation I literally threw my hands up and said "Please give them back" within hours I went into the kitchen to grab a drink and the keys were sitting on the counter right in front of the microwave.
While no proof of faeries in and of itself; I did find it odd and a bit disconcerting.
So I left a small bowl of milk and honey out on the porch that night just in case!

We have used t his tactic since and the lost object does seem to have a way of appearing soon after, coincidence, the universe responding to a need, or faeries.....who can say!!

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Gluetrap, I love your little story, and it's almost certainly the fae who are responsible....and thank you for leaving a thank you! Milk and honey is a favourite. This technique works for me too...and for big stuff too, like the time we got a huge sofa bed stuck in the door trying to move it out to a friends....massive heavy piece of furnture jammed in tight....couldn't move either way and we were exhausted....we asked for faery help, and seconds later with a little bit of a shove, it slid through like it was greased. They love to be helpful, but they also love to be not so helpful if you upset them....and they are really good at that....can create all kinds of mischief.

Clean natural happy places attract them most...rubbish in the garden makes them sad, also harsh chemicals and smelly places....keep it sweet. Hang things that they can play with like windchimes and mobiles and watch them move as the fae land on them. I haven't physically seen a fae, but they talk to me all the time...I think the human part of me would still be scared by a visual contact, but I hope I can get over this soon....I would love to see them for real.

Cait

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by debris765nju

Please understand 'Faeries' is not my subject and I wish to neither prove nor disprove them.

But this picture displays total fakery..for one reason ..

The way the children 'look' at the 'faeries' in comparison to their nearness to their faces.
You see this ALL the time in movies with CGI images added afterwards.
The actor has to try and visualise where the FX in question is and 'look' at it.

Problem being is that it takes a small effort to focus on something in such close proximity..and the natural re-action is to 'lean backwards' away from objects moving that close to your face..
Try it with a butterfly ...or a bee if you're feeling brave.

It generates a 'concentration' look around the eyes and forehead..totally subconsciously..
If they'd even been another 6 inches further away then this would not be the case.

Try it with a book even.. can anyone of normal 'glasses free eyesight' read it one foot away without perceiving an 'slightly strained' look on your face.

The top right girl displays what I call typical 'look through syndrome'..
Bob Hoskins and Roger Rabbit anyone?

(I used to have the same look on my face in A-level pure mathematics.. I was dreaming about white sandy beaches and faulty bikini clasps
)

[edit on 16-8-2008 by AGENT_T]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by AllinTheMind89

Ur joking right? lol

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 02:04 AM
link   
FAIRIES are beautiful, because they're the beauty (the best) in us: kindness, gentleness, and light (hope). Just a quick note to all who dream of there being more to life...there is. However, most will not see it, partly because most won't open their minds to it. This is the result of a lack of a loving embrace of this Earth; the blues and the greens, and gratefulness. However, some may just be in the right place at the right time. Always allow for mystery. I can tell you that energy is real, and can push and shove. It can manifest the personalities in your mind for all to see. Fairies would not exist if there was no humankind. They are the expression of our collective imagination and contributed energy from our subconcious. They are inadvertently created by children, and by some adults who have the right heart for life. My friend, in his late twenties, saw a fairie once. His mother practicing Wicca had unintentionally called one. My mom saw a couple of young fairie folk/size of knomes chatting about her one morning. They stood with their heads as high as just under the doorknob. I've been physically attacked by a poltergeist (2006) while wide awake sittin on the couch; it was like wrestling an adult (...myself!). We cause energy to accumulate, we enter (geographical) places where energy is maleable and interacts/or is directed by our subconscious. Today's definitive book on physics is equal to the level of a book in preschool; scientists know little of Fact. It's best most do not believe beyond what they know, most do not have the character to love, and should go about their regular lives and not be co-creators of this sort. Just as your actions contribute either love or hate into this world, your thoughts and energy contribute to good or evil happenings, and creatures. Ridicule is a defense mechanism for fear and arrogance and insecurity, and renders the user into the class of stupidity. I cannot say whether there is a life after this one, but search with the heart of a child, and with some luck, fairies may come.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by AllinTheMind89

really?? because i do belive in them, but all my sisters and my mom said that they are not real how come that i cant see them and you can ??? HOW???

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

I don't agree with this statement:

"They are the expression of our collective imagination and contributed energy from our subconcious. They are inadvertently created by children, and by some adults who have the right heart for life"

Faeries are seperate Beings from humans. They love children because of a child's uncomplicated simple nature. I don't agree that they are inadvertantly created by children or some adults, or that they are a product of our collective imagination.

Faeries may use our imagination to appear a certain way to someone, but they are intelligent Beings with a mind of their own and they existed long before humans were on this Earth.

They are experts at shapeshifting, but not for the sake of deceit.. They have more love for this planet than humanity does .

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   
i dont get it. why must people have to see photographic evidence before they start to believe. we dont have photographic evidenc of Jesuse or god/gods but yet we believe that they exist. they both even have books writen on them. fairies must have milliions of books writen on them. what ever we believe in we tend to believe in greater power which WE CANT SEE OR HEAR OR TOUCH physicaly but mentaly we can. so tell me the difference? of cource i believe in fairies. yes i do see fairies but i also see ghosts and spirits to. and yes we do have photographical evidence of that and i'm sorry to tell to all you none believers but you can see them hear them and touch them.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   
There is no doubt in my mind that the fae are real in various incarnations.

My brother was able to see different coloured spirits when he was younger along what people may consider sprites.

The old legends of the Sihde remind me of angels or god pantheons as well, and I expect they exist on their own level as well.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 07:48 AM
link   
im sure there are fairies, elves, whatever. they may just live in a different dimension, or from underground, and pop out ocassionally. i just keep an open mind. i posted a link for a cool, what looks to be real fairy video below. please watch the whole thing because it shows the fairy at different speeds, and angles.

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 1-3-2009 by ziggyproductions05]

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I KNEW IT!!!

Maybe theyre whisps.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by GodsWarrior

I'm a 29 year old woman. I was sitting here at the computer one day and I looked out of the corner of my eye and seen one. I was there and then it was gone. I do believe in them. I don't have to have proof to tell me that they exist.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Wisen Heimer

what are whisps?

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
That's a very cool video..thank you for posting it. I can't tell if it's a fake...i know nothing about how that might be done, but it looks real and feels really sweet...nothing sinister at all about it, which makes a change. So often, things such as this are portrayed in the worst light possible, and made to seem really dark. I just think it's really sweet that this little whatever decided to allow itself to be seen on camera, almost as if it wanted to play.

To me, the fae are the spirits of the realm that make things grow, and nurture the natural world. Not really like the classical victorian faery with glitter and wings, although they can be that too, but more of an undefinable, or mutable type of energy from a parallel world...not lower or higher than ours, but just on a different frequency. Occasionally, the frequencies cross and we find ourselves lucky enough to encounter them. Im most respects they are much much more powerful than we are, and in others so much more delicate, which is why they stay hidden. Humans are not always to be trusted...we want to put them in jars and squish them in scrapbooks, and like to think that they have power over us...I mean, them, of course. ..which just isn't much fun.

[edit on 1-3-2009 by caitlinfae]

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggyproductions05

Im sorry to be the screen door on your submarine, but thats quite clearly an insect. Beetles legs hang down as they fly. Here is a decent example... I have some books with far better pictures if you'd like.
reply to post by debris765nju

And again, that's just a spider vibrating because its web's been (evidently) disturbed.
When I saw both that video and this picture, I recognised both immediately, having studied bugs for all my younger years

Im all for good evidence, but I wish you people wouldnt be so naive. At least you didnt claim the video was real though.

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
This lady said that her family was of Swedish descent and they took stories of the Little People seriously. She also said she hoped she got to see another fairy one day.

Very interesting story... I knew a guy whose grandfather believed in lindorms... Swedish as well

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Ridhya

yeah i never said it was real, it does seem to be the best example of a "fairy" though. In comparison to the beetle you showed in your link, it does look different than the video. im not saying that you are wrong, it could very well be a bug. but it does look like a small human with wings. I myself am not sure of fairys, and have never really studied them. i keep an open mind, there are parralel universes that some dont believe exist. all the other "fairy" videos on youtube were definately bugs in my opinion, this was the only one that looked fairly real. i see your point though.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Oh for sure... I believe there are other things out there... but that was not it.
Sorry about the picture, I didnt spend long looking for one but it was very obvious to me
I can see why you thought that though because the still frame at beginning of video looks vaguely human...depending on how you view it. After watching the whole thing it was clearly a bug. And then I wasnt biased basing it off one frame. And I could see that the human-looking shape... was really bug looking.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
On the beautiful Isle Of Man you'll find The Fairy Bridge supposedly the home of scores of faerie folk.
media-cdn.tripadvisor.com...
The trees around the bridge have messages hanging from them written by the locals who ask the faeries for help and guidance. When I was there I was talking to a lovely woman who claimed to have seen them several times. She said they only reveal themselves to those who believe in their magic! I know what you're going to say, "The Usually Cop-out", but when I was walking away I saw the grass suddenly move and part as if something was running away down the embankment.
"That's a rabbit", I said to the woman.
"Was it?", she replied smiling

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join