It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

100,000 Letters Accuse U.N. of Conspiracy!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Will the U.N. enact a resolution to disarm the American people on Independance Day (July 4)?

"I myself have received over 100,000 letters from the US public, criticising me personally, saying, 'You are having this conference on the 4th of July, you are not going to get our guns on that day'," said Prasad Kariyawasam, Sri Lanka's UN ambassador.

Even though the U.N.'s staff will be taking a holiday on July 4 and watching a fireworks display on the U.N. lawn, thousands of members of the American public (spearheaded by the N.R.A.) seem to believe that this is indeed the case.

The campaign is largely the work of the US National Rifle Association, whose executive vice president, Wayne LaPierre, warns on an NRA website of a July 4 plot "to finalise a UN treaty that would strip all citizens of all nations of their right to self-protection".

Link to Article

Could this be the beginning of an action to enslave the American people?

People here in Australia never considered disarmament could happen until the 28 April 1996 when Martin Bryant went of a shooting rampage, killing 35 people.

There are people in Australia who believe Martin Bryant was a scapegoat, and the true perpetrators were within Australian Intelligence Agencies. Some of these are survivors of the tragedy who did not recognise Bryant as the shooter.

On the 23rd of June 1996 the Sunday Telegraph published a story about a gun collector in Victoria who identified the AR15 rifle used for the Port Arthur killings as one that he had handed in to police during an amnesty in February 1993. Strange that the weapon used in the killings just happened to fall off a conveyor belt on the way to the smelters.

Link to Article

Is it possible that we could see some form of high body count shooting rampage in the U.S. before July 4? Something to create a groundswell of anti-gun sentiment, and allow the U.N. to push through a law to strip the American people of their firearms?

Is it possible that a percentage of mass killings in the past ten years have been orchestrated to slowly build up the anti-gun lobby?

[edit on 22-6-2006 by Beelzebubba]

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Very interesting theory!

I think it's highly possible. If we see a mass shooting we'll know why! I doubt the ability of the UN to destroy all privatley owned arms though

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Well, they do have a sculpture outside of the building of a wheel gun with a knot tied in the barrel.

Roper

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Oh for flip's sake....

This figure of 100,000 letters is a bit of a sly one. It's 100,000 form letters supplied by the NRA, who are not the most unbiased people in the world when it comes to gun control. And said letters were sent to the bloke at the UN who is in charge of dealing with illegal weapons. Here's a link to the CNN story. edition.cnn.com...
Given the number of 10-15 year old kids running around parts of Africa holding machine guns, I think that it's a good things that the UN is trying to crack down on the illegal trafficking in these guns.

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Interesting to know that the UN has the power to disarm US citizens...

Someones got too much time on their hands and a weird imagination

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 12:11 PM
link   
The UN would never have the ability to make it happen. They'd be starting a war the likes they could never win. There's also not just the average american but the law enforcement and military that would never stand for it. There would be no way to make it work. To many little blue helmets would be laying in the streets.
Just the same, my guns are loaded in case.

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 01:05 PM
link   
There isn't any treaty that can supersede the constitution, therefore no UN agreement can revoke the right to bear arms.

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I know and a big thank God on that one. But it still bothers me about the UN. Pretty shady outfit. My son calls it a snake pit.

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 02:17 PM
link   
disarming Americans... with what army?

[edit on 22-6-2006 by ulshadow]

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ulshadow
disarming Americans... with what army?

[edit on 22-6-2006 by ulshadow]

Mabye the one that the US proposed be used incase of a breach of world peace, but to be honuest mabye every one hasnt noticed the one MAJOR rule the UN cant breach:

The UN cant get involved in the domestic affairs of soverign countries.

Sorry but until the UN becomes something similar to NATO then it will never happen.

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 01:47 AM
link   
1st let me say I am an American, and believe in the strict letter of our Constitution.

Now, I ask...Why doesn't any terrorists want to blow up the UN building in New York? Could it be that the UN appeases all terrorists sponsered states?

Now, If the US heard of a plot to attack the UN, Would we stop it? I CERTAINLY HOPE NOT!!! The UN has done nothing , but bash America. And the Sad part is America supplies the majority of the UN budget. Maybe it's time for America to tell the UN to F.O.

A simple solution is this:
1) Take care of America and Americans FIRST!
2) Take care of our allies who have supported us.
3) Let the rest of the world, deal with their own problems, without our help.
4) When THEY COME BEGGING....Make them pay through the teeth for our help. Hey Europe guess what? If it wan't for the USA, Ya'll would be speaking GERMAN today!!!!

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by CSRules
1st let me say I am an American, and believe in the strict letter of our Constitution.

Now, I ask...Why doesn't any terrorists want to blow up the UN building in New York? Could it be that the UN appeases all terrorists sponsered states?

Now, If the US heard of a plot to attack the UN, Would we stop it? I CERTAINLY HOPE NOT!!! The UN has done nothing , but bash America. And the Sad part is America supplies the majority of the UN budget. Maybe it's time for America to tell the UN to F.O.

4) When THEY COME BEGGING....Make them pay through the teeth for our help. Hey Europe guess what? If it wan't for the USA, Ya'll would be speaking GERMAN today!!!!

Thank you for the great political and moral commentry CSrules, I'm sure that our readers enjoyed that almost as much as the other 1000 posts of the exact same idea.....

The real question is this:
"Is there any terrorist groups who want to blow up the UN building that you might not have heard of on CNN or BBC world?"

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 08:19 PM
link   
What if the U.N. doesn't have to do anything but wait for the American people to amend the gun laws?

The anti-gun lobby is quite large with some very influential organisations and figures involved.

American Bar Association, American Medical Association, Anti-Defamation League, American Firearms Association, American Federation of Teachers, Ambulatory Pediatric Association, Walter Cronkite, Oprah Winfrey, Phil Donahue, Bryant Gumbel, Ricki Lake, Ed McMahon, Rosie O`Donnell.

Link to Article

Interesting when looking down this list that the majority of personalities involved are in the entertainment industry. The very people that can indeed sway public opinion.

Another possibility, what if the U.N. decides that the government in power is acting in a rogue manner and is tacitly approving of illegal firearms sales?

The Brady Center has released a new report — Without A Trace — that exposes how the gun lobby, working with the Bush Administration and its allies in Congress, has protected corrupt gun dealers by systematically blocking the release of information identifying the gun dealers responsible for selling most of the crime guns recovered in America.

Link to Article

Would this provide any recourse for the U.N. in which they could act?

[edit on 24-6-2006 by Beelzebubba]

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 11:37 PM
link   

CSrules, just one thing, and i know this a bit unrelated but i won't tolerate it either way. "If it wan't for the USA, Ya'll would be speaking GERMAN today!!!!" I admire your patriotism, but by the time the US landed in Normandy Russia was on it's way to berlin, because of russia germany had to fight a war on 2 fronts and focused alot of their alite forces into russia. I'm not saying Russia won the war, just saying you should really watch what you say when it comes to thing like that.

I appologize for the irelivant post.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 11:49 PM
link   

I'm hoping that you did not mean that literally. We either lead by example or we are the people we fear.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 11:53 PM
link   
As to the gun issue….

This sounds a bit far fetched to me. The UN having the power to take our weapons? It’s just not going to happen. If they try – as others have said – it will take all the armies of the world. As for me, I can hit a beer can dead center from 500 yards with my varmint rifle.

top topics

join